Jumpstyle anyone?

Lemmiwinks

OK I know this is overly simplistic music made for 12 year-old kids but I like it!! (ok, I like some of it, not all). It's probably because they basically use the same formula that made the Thunderdome comps with which I grew up with famous: take ANY melody, speed it up, add a distorted kick and some hoovers on top and there you go, the perfect jumpstyle track.

Anyway, here are some of my faves (don't laugh now ;) ):

DJ Furax - Final Countdown

Anonymous - U Got 2 Know

The Cranberries - Zombie (Jupstyle Mix)

Vorwerk - Vietnam

Zany & DV8 - Nothing Else Matters

Chicago Zone - Scanner

so what do you think? any recommendations?

I HATE jumpstyle and hardstyle. Of course taste differs, but I simply can't stand it - it's terrible. What makes it even more terrible, is the fact that it's huge among teenagers around these parts...

I personally can't stand jumpstyle, but there are some hardstyle tracks that i like.

It sounds almost the same, but i find that hardstyle tends to have "less silly" melodies (the zani track you posted is hardstyle i think).

Here are some exemples.. :

Donkey Rollers Live @Qlimax 2006

Noisecontrollers - Gaia

HeadHunterz - Rock Civilization

HeadHunterz Vs. Abject - Scantraxx Rootz

When Jumpstyle began to rise in BE (around 2003-2004) I visited some parties, but I got a bit bored of the music when the hype started to take over playgrounds and schoolkids, hehe...

Ummm...I liked tracks from DJ Dark-E! Hypnotical Summer, Happy Hookers,... this man really had a particular style! :)

I HATE jumpstyle and hardstyle. Of course taste differs, but I simply can't stand it - it's terrible. What makes it even more terrible, is the fact that it's huge among teenagers around these parts...

I absoultely agree ... I can't stand it either.

I don't quite get the fascination of it ... "poum, poum, poum, poum..." the concept is just too retarded to waste a second thought about IMO. I don't get why so many people can like this. Even hardcore is better and I freckin' HATE hardcore!

Although I admit I kinda liked some Thunderdome back in the days. But I don't see anything parallel between this stuff and that stuff :huh:

I absoultely agree ... I can't stand it either.

I don't quite get the fascination of it ... "poum, poum, poum, poum..." the concept is just too retarded to waste a second thought about IMO. I don't get why so many people can like this. Even hardcore is better and I freckin' HATE hardcore!

Although I admit I kinda liked some Thunderdome back in the days. But I don't see anything parallel between this stuff and that stuff :huh:

hum then I think you should give those Thunderdome comps another listen cause they were FULL of tracks that used more or less the same formula as jumpstyle: take a well-known melody, add a hardcore kick and some hoovers on top and you have a new hit. The only notable difference between those and jumpstyle is that jumpstyle has lower BPMs IMO.

Here are some melodies to refresh your memory:

Party Animals - Used and Abused

Rob Gee - Ecstacy you got what I need (best happy hardcore track EVER IMO!!)

(second best - this one even had a video lol ;) )

The Prophet - Big Boys Don't Cry

or, on a more serious note:

Dr Macabre - Poltergeist

TCP - Loving You (Stunned Guyz Mix)

I think that's what I like most about jumpstyle: it reminds me my lost youth ;)

PS Can anyone help me find the hardcore remix of

? I've listened to it a million times but can't put my finger on it...

That's prolly the Forze DJ team - 98 To Piano track!

YES!!! Thanks, it is always so frustrating when you have a track in mind but can't put your finger on it :) I remember I was teen and saw someone on the street with the full "hardcore gear": white t-shirt and combat pants, blasting this song out of a boombox, he looked so cool at the time! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hum then I think you should give those Thunderdome comps another listen cause they were FULL of tracks that used more or less the same formula as jumpstyle: take a well-known melody, add a hardcore kick and some hoovers on top and you have a new hit. The only notable difference between those and jumpstyle is that jumpstyle has lower BPMs IMO.

Damn it Lemmi, you nailed it! The old Thunderdome were like that indeed!

The last song is from Thunderdome 23 (Hardcore Rules The World)! I even remember that one!

I can't believe I liked this shit! I didn't buy a CD, but I remember listening to them a lot at the store...

Oh damn...

And I thought Future Trance was my only sin :ph34r:

Oh well, I was young ... as a teenager I listened to a lot of shit. In 1999 -- that was the time Thunderdome 23 came out -- I was 14 :P

No, seriously though, I now think it's crap and it makes me wonder I liked that. It does not trigger any memories though.

So I'll just steer clear of this now and declare it pure vomit material :P

Damn it Lemmi, you nailed it! The old Thunderdome were like that indeed!

The last song is from Thunderdome 23 (Hardcore Rules The World)! I even remember that one!

I can't believe I liked this shit! I didn't buy a CD, but I remember listening to them a lot at the store...

Oh damn...

And I thought Future Trance was my only sin :ph34r:

Oh well, I was young ... as a teenager I listened to a lot of shit. In 1999 -- that was the time Thunderdome 23 came out -- I was 14 :P

No, seriously though, I now think it's crap and it makes me wonder I liked that. It does not trigger any memories though.

So I'll just steer clear of this now and declare it pure vomit material :P

haha well to each their own I guess. Personally I always find that going through "phases" of listening different styles makes you apreciate psytrance more when you get back to it :)

haha well to each their own I guess. Personally I always find that going through "phases" of listening different styles makes you apreciate psytrance more when you get back to it :)

that's what I have metal for :)

Although I am by definition a fan of electronic music that emphasizes energy and driving relentless power, I detest with an intensity of a thousand trail blazing meteors everything that qualifies as jumpstyle, hardstyle, hardcore, gabber, speedcore, terrorcore, hard house, hard trance, or nitzohonot.

In no way do I intend disrespect to any given fan of any of the aforementioned sub-genres, as I myself have in the past had a fair share of experiences with some of this stuff, but the initial infatuation and fascination never lasted for more than four weeks.

My honest opinion is that these styles are fun exclusively if you visit a party once a year that you know before hand will play only this music. The tunes are mostly childish, with Fisher Price "my first sythesizer" cheese fest melodies, at best. The kind of energy this music portrays is clearly visible at parties where it's played: drunken guys aimlessly jumping up and down desperatly trying to grab hold of a girl to make out with... I hope things have changed, though, as the few times I've attended parties playing this music on amphetamines, I actually had a good time. But I could never visit events of the kind more than once a year if my intention would be to have a real blast.

The tunes are mostly childish, with Fisher Price "my first sythesizer" cheese fest melodies, at best. The kind of energy this music portrays is clearly visible at parties where it's played: drunken guys aimlessly jumping up and down desperatly trying to grab hold of a girl to make out with...

hahaha funny and true! You just made my day :lol: :lol: :lol:

You cannot, and I mean you CANNOT talk about hardstyle and don't have this

in mind :lol:

Anyway, to me it sounds like Dance music sped up to sound cool. Plain simple (in a bad way). Sometimes there is some rhythm that can surprise, but overall it just sounds to me like Dancecore :phear:

If you just analyze it then of course it sounds very basic and kiddy like, i don't think the purpose of jump/hardstyle is to sound musically interesting or make you travel to any place.

Most of hardstyle listeners probably just want to have a blast jumping on big basses and simple melodies, they're not interested in "serious" music.

Not sure if that's because i've been listening to Thunderdomes compilations back when i was 10-12 yo, but i can actually enjoy a few hardcore/hardstyle tracks even now once in a while.

Also most of them might not know anything better in the genre. Not so long ago i thought hardcore was the most interesting kind of "uptempo electronic music" just because i didn't have any other references, other than the mainstream house and vocal "trance" which i don't like.

Just wondering how many of them would fall in love with goa/psytrance if they were listening seriously to some of our classics :D

Also most of them might not know anything better in the genre. Not so long ago i thought hardcore was the most interesting kind of "uptempo electronic music" just because i didn't have any other references, other than the mainstream house and vocal "trance" which i don't like.

Just wondering how many of them would fall in love with goa/psytrance if they were listening seriously to some of our classics :D

+1 :)

• 1 month later...