Recommend me some Dub/Darkstep

NEMO.BOFH

I'm into dubstep a bit too, but I can't stand slowed down technical dnb kind of dubstep, more organic with deep textured bass and complex drum structures does it for me. I also like dub techno and it's sometimes difficult to differentiate dubstep from dub and dub techno and I noticed it's everything at a time in good albums. Can't recommend much yet, but I'm exploring and will come up with something.

But check Burial in the first place (his second album, which is more complete work compared to the first). Some review stated that Burial is contemporary urban folk and after listening I also got this kind of associations. Some say he writes music with Sound Forge only and it does actually sound like he didn't use a ruler. Oh, and it's pretty dark... in a good way.

But check Burial in the first place (his second album, which is more complete work compared to the first).

I strongly disagree. I think his first album is far superior in every sense. But to each his own I guess.

And Goa-Head: check out some of the tracks on that Benga album I recommended, I think that gives you quite a good idea about dubstep. I can't describe it with words, but it's something really new, fresh, quite urban....

Have you heard his latest album? What should I start with 1st or 2nd?

You mean Diary Of An Afro Warrior? Haven't heard that one, but i guess you should check out that Newstep album...

Yeah, Vex'd is also good. If you want something even more IDMish, Boxcutter might do the trick. His album Oneiric is awesome.

• 1 month later...

Milanese

Boxcutter - oneiric and glyphic

Vex'd

Kode 9

Disrupt - Foundation Bit

Skream

Skream's self titled (well actually I think it's called Skream!) is a very good place to start. Great tracks, some dub... some dubstep... of the more darker or reggaey varient, some grime hell even a jazzy uk garage track near the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, another name that surprisingly has not been dropped yet:

Excision!

And of course www.myspace.com/amygdaladubstep - but I just got into it recently, so they're only feeble attempts... :)

- A

I am already one of your friends :P .

Good music man , i like all 3 tracks. Keep up

• 2 weeks later...