Flexitones - "Joyrider

healium

What a bizarre thing to say :blink:

Tastes...

I think that pretty much everything that was released on Backroom Beats was a terrible waste of my time and money. And I got it for a funny price.

The first compilation was half decent and everything afterwards was yawnfest.

IMHO

Tastes...

I think that pretty much everything that was released on Backroom Beats was a terrible waste of my time and money. And I got it for a funny price.

The first compilation was half decent and everything afterwards was yawnfest.

IMHO

Oh I understand taste & how you can find this boring but.....in elevators? Like it or not, it's not elevator music. It has too much energy, the beats are too heavy. Elevators everywhere I have ever been have played musac versions of pop or rock or melodic ambient, never heard anything like this :ph34r:

Oh I understand taste & how you can find this boring but.....in elevators? Like it or not, it's not elevator music. It has too much energy, the beats are too heavy. Elevators everywhere I have ever been have played musac versions of pop or rock or melodic ambient, never heard anything like this :ph34r:

Checking the Backroom Beats page on Discogs it seems I have confused the Flexitones album with the Swingers in Paradise album.

The Flexitones album was much cooler than the SiP album. Though I was really dissapointed cause I really liked Will White's previous work as Propellerheads. Also, Merv Peppler is usually a name that can bring much more than a mish mash of ideas that album was. Wasn't an elevators music, true. But it wasn't Decksandrumsandrocknroll either

http://www.discogs.com/release/12037

I can almost imagine some of the music from Hi-Fi Companions - Swingers In Paradise in an elevator. So lounge & jazzy!

:blink:

i can imagine hearing this in a lounge but definitely not in an elevator!!! i played this for few of my friends who are into jazz and funk, they almost wet their pants :ph34r:

:blink:

i can imagine hearing this in a lounge but definitely not in an elevator!!! i played this for few of my friends who are into jazz and funk, they almost wet their pants :ph34r:

Hehehe, I've been in some funky elevators :ph34r:

Checking the Backroom Beats page on Discogs it seems I have confused the Flexitones album with the Swingers in Paradise album.

The Flexitones album was much cooler than the SiP album. Though I was really dissapointed cause I really liked Will White's previous work as Propellerheads. Also, Merv Peppler is usually a name that can bring much more than a mish mash of ideas that album was. Wasn't an elevators music, true. But it wasn't Decksandrumsandrocknroll either

http://www.discogs.com/release/12037

DecksAndDrumsAndRockNRoll is sure one piece of work. I can remember when I got myself the first copy of that (Mp3) I went to 7 record shops the day after to get myself a proper copy! Fucking great! :)

DecksAndDrumsAndRockNRoll is sure one piece of work. I can remember when I got myself the first copy of that (Mp3) I went to 7 record shops the day after to get myself a proper copy! Fucking great! :)

7record shops? Great!

7record shops? Great!

Well, considering that I made 7 record shops in ONE day where my town only has 2 it is a great effort, I went to Malmo to 3 record shops and copenhagen another 2, where I finally found and bought 2 copies of the record. What is your point? Why did you reply to this thread? :D

Anyways, I have just realized that I only have the cd of Flexitones here, not the cover, I am sure it is not in Sweden, cause I had it in The Netherlands... Fuck me if I lost it... Wasnt there a thread about covers and so on for cds on this forum? Damn can not find it.. I am probably just blind though. Anyways, if you have a cover for it, then lemme know. Or well, otherwise I will just buy the cheapest copy on Discogs hehe.