Early comments on your last cds

Ormion

NOOO!

A world falls apart for me! This was the ambient release I anticipated the most this year, would have ordered it right away if I had the money and now I hear it's not that good? :unsure:

Do you own Ease Division 1 or 2?

I tell you, it's close to pure carbage. Even the Vibrasphere track is very close to fail miserably. What a poor exhibition of tracks.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<_< so we have to wait for your review!!!!

Unless you'd like to send me a copy :lol:

NOOO!

A world falls apart for me! This was the ambient release I anticipated the most this year, would have ordered it right away if I had the money and now I hear it's not that good? unsure.gif

Do you own Ease Division 1 or 2?

It's pretty disappointing. There are some good tracks some forgettable tracks and some bloody awful tracks.

My Review

V.A Ease division 3 (spiral trax)

Must say a bit of disappointment on first listens. Some nice tracks like CBL but as whole I would have expected much better track selection by Magnus. Maybe needs time.

I think it's an awesome compilation. Clearly one of the best downtempo releases this year. The great thing is the overall superb quality of the tracks!

I tell you, it's close to pure carbage. Even the Vibrasphere track is very close to fail miserably. What a poor exhibition of tracks.

It's pretty disappointing. There are some good tracks some forgettable tracks and some bloody awful tracks.

My Review

I think it's an awesome compilation. Clearly one of the best downtempo releases this year. The great thing is the overall superb quality of the tracks!

different strokes for different folks, eh?

I guess I'll have to see for myself, but I won't rush to buy it right now. Will approach with care.

Just one question: is it mixed? Or are there breaks between the tracks?

I guess I'll have to see for myself, but I won't rush to buy it right now. Will approach with care.

There are breaks between the tracks.

Just for the record. I hate Ultimae Records releases. I find them incredibly BAD. So, that might say something about what kind of chill I don't like :) Just wanted to let you know since alot of people like Ultimae, like Melacholyman :P

I suggest you check out the debut album from Temple Hedz called Between Worlds.

there are breaks between tracks and the only problem with it IMO is that there is no flow to the album. tracks don't match each other and it seems they are placed here randomly !!

Just for the record. I hate Ultimae Records releases. I find them incredibly BAD. So, that might say something about what kind of chill I don't like :) Just wanted to let you know since alot of people like Ultimae, like Melacholyman :P

Ah, thanks for that remark. It's important to consider, even though this is no Ultimae release, but it's in that style...

there are breaks between tracks and the only problem with it IMO is that there is no flow to the album. tracks don't match each other and it seems they are placed here randomly !!

I guess I could live without flow, since there are breaks.

Thanks. I'll think about it, at the moment I'm a bit short on cash anyway...

Highly recommended if your not scared of a little influence in the music

I'm scared just at the thought of it :lol:

I have been wondering about this, Electrypnose can be hit and miss but his hits are usually great :clapping:

Ahahah YEEAHH this is some goooood shit :P Amazing blend of styles, very psychedelic(IMO) and just beautifully produced! Highly recommended if your not scared of a little influence in the music

i really liked it, mostly because it was very different (to my ears), very funky :)

i listened to it at work without looking at the tracklist, but Electric Animal made me take a look :)

Tryon-The Twilight Solution

If you're familiar with the Portuguese scene this is not gonna surprise you. Hard, aggressive full on with a dark twist, aggressive basslines and simple melodies.

It reminds me a lot of Tryambaka without the classical-influenced melodies (who btw is also Portuguese and his artist name also starts from Try :D)

Very good twilight psy without any cheese at all!

V/A-Lotus Seed

Wow! One of the best darkpsy compilation I've bought in a long time. There's no over-the-top power here. Just trippy stuff. All tracks are very well made. My early favorites are Dragon-Gravitron which reminds me a lot of some early DarkPsy tracks (I mean the artist). Very trippy! Plus, amazing tracks by Mubali and Ghreg On Earth, Elis_Dee & Shapestatic. But the rest are very good too. No fillers here.

If you're looking for trippy dark stuff give it a try.

Mandalavandalz-King Of The Bad Trips

Hmmm <_< To be honest I've only listened to it twice and albums like this deserves more listen to fully appreciated. But still I was hoping for more.

I was so hyped for this album... Unfortunately almost all tracks are not in the 4/4 signature which I prefer. I know that MV is a crazy producer but I was hoping for more 4/4 killers and not just breakbeat experiments, like his Virtual Koto track. Also all of the tracks are very small. When you're starting to enjoy them they simply end. And so far I haven't listened to a single track that blew my mind. I hope that time (and more listens) will change that.

Audiopathik-Global Killer

Ok, this is the exact opposite of the Lotus Seed complilation. This is pure dynamite darkpsy. 160-165 bpm with massive bass and crazy sounds all over. I was waiting for something more here too. I think I prefer their compilations tracks more. Most of the tracks here sound the same and pretty forgetable. From the other hand when I am in the mood for head-stomping Psytrance this sounds more than good. The production is amazing and the sound crystal clear. One advice: Play It Loud!

V/A-Omnipresence

I bought this compilation only for the Delirious Noon-Brainbow track (thanks Jeller ;)) This track is amazing! The perfect combination of pure Psytrance and nostalgic 90's normal Trance. Simply beautiful! I haven't pay that much attention in the other tracks. They sound okay, a weird mix of morning full on, suomi and pure Psy. The other Delirious Noon track is good but nothing can stand against Brainbow! :D

Wizzy Noise-Renaissance

I wasn't really interested to buy this cd. I hadn't heard a Wizzy Noise track in ages and I was though that they have gone completelly clubby. I missed them in Aurora festical too. But the thread Nemo started and the enthusiast reactions of many members sold me. And I'm so glad! This is the best dance cd from my last bulk. Great melodic trancey full on! It's a bit cheesy at times, but most of the times the trancey sound works great! All of the tracks are very well made especially the Abyss track, a real new century anthem! Other great tracks are Sea Song (lovely key changes and trance feeling) and the collaboration with Domi Pastor in WizzDom. Great release!

Colourform-Visions Of Surya

Not much to say here. Matt Hiller and Jake Stephenson are two of my favorite Ambient producers and this album is so relaxing that I fell asleep everytime I listened to it. (I prefer to listen to Ambient before I go to sleep, great way to fight insomnia btw). From what I remember before Morpheus takes me in his kingdom this album is highly psychedelic too! More comments when I finally listen to the whole album awake :)

i really liked it, mostly because it was very different (to my ears), very funky :)

i listened to it at work without looking at the tracklist, but Electric Animal made me take a look :)

Yeah very fresh sound :) I haven't got any favorites yet, im still getting to know the album... I push play from track 1 and it goes all the way to the end without a single boring track. Really great stuff!

And NEMO, this must be something for you! :)

Colourform-Visions Of Surya

Not much to say here. Matt Hiller and Jake Stephenson are two of my favorite Ambient producers and this album is so relaxing that I fell asleep everytime I listened to it. (I prefer to listen to Ambient before I go to sleep, great way to fight insomnia btw). From what I remember before Morpheus takes me in his kingdom this album is highly psychedelic too! More comments when I finally listen to the whole album awake :)

Still loving this brilliant piece of music. Much better than timelapse in mercury which has too many annoying sounds in it :(

Front 242 - P.U.L.S.E.

At first listen I was skeptical (I only knew Work 242 before that), but this one is actually a damn good album ... the synths are screaming, kranky and addictive! Lots of energy in the sound, a firework for my senses - and a totally different one as I know it from characteristical psy music, it's sharper, more concentrated and energetic, I really love that!

Awesome album

Still loving this brilliant piece of music. Much better than timelapse in mercury which has too many annoying sounds in it :(

Really?

I loved Timelapse In Mercury. It's not better than Orchid, but after all it's a totally different style IMO.

But I didn't hear any annoying sound in it. :unsure:

Really?

I loved Timelapse In Mercury. It's not better than Orchid, but after all it's a totally different style IMO.

no annoying sounds for me either, but if i want to rank all matt hillier's releases this is most probably in last spot!!! i was planning to buy colourform when this came out and since it had ISHQ as it's name i didn't even hesitate. now i have to wait a lil bit to get colourform *looks at the empty wallet* <_<

Really?

The last track had too many high pitch sounds that screeched through my brain.

Overall it's a good album, worth the purchase but Matt Hillier's weakest so far, which due to his high standards does not mean it is bad, just that I was disappointed.

no annoying sounds for me either, but if i want to rank all matt hillier's releases this is most probably in last spot!!! i was planning to buy colourform when this came out and since it had ISHQ as it's name i didn't even hesitate. now i have to wait a lil bit to get colourform *looks at the empty wallet* <_<

I don't think this is an Ishq release as Matt Hillier said that he would use his Ishq section of the label for Ishq albums & collaborations but this is on his virtual space section of the label. The fact that there is nothing on the CD that says it is Ishq, or on his website. I think psyshop (who got it in stock very early) just didn't know what to call it, saw it as matt hillier and called it Ishq

Posted Image

This is great! I like it more than Free Range I think - it has a more raw, trancey sound.

Posted Image

This is also great. Very aggressive and trippy with lots of nice detail. Not much variation between tracks, but that isn't a problem when it sounds this good.

Posted Image

This is very confusing, but in a good way. Weird, weird music. It will take me a while before I can form a reliable opinion of it, but first impressions are good, and it sounds like it could be a real grower.