Tracks that copy other tracks...

sunwolf

Lame?

I don't really have any good examples.

EDIT - I don't have any examples as I just noticed it's titled MIX HAHA....

Well thats how music is made, someone makes something that is good.. then everyone gets ínspired and try to copy it, then from there it evolves and people add their own touch to it and make their own styles.

Everytime a ground breaking album is released, lots of people gets inspired.. for example when psysex-expressions of rage, came out it was something completely different both productionwise and stylewise and people grab little details, for example the bassline and other stuff, so it spreads like som fashion.. same thing with that rolling bassline that i think infected started with (im not sure) but since then its heard in every dark psy track.

Its how music and art works, the kids copy the masters, then the kids become masters and the new kids copy them :)

Uni's "Red Resonant Moon" copies The Muses Rapt "Spiritual Healing" if my memory stands correct.

Son Kite's "Focus" @ 5:03-5:30 is ripped straight from some track on "Other Side" by Infected Mushroom. I lost the cd so I can't check.

Well thats how music is made, someone makes something that is good.. then everyone gets ínspired and try to copy it, then from there it evolves and people add their own touch to it and make their own styles.

Everytime a ground breaking album is released, lots of people gets inspired.. for example when psysex-expressions of rage, came out it was something completely different both productionwise and stylewise and people grab little details, for example the bassline and other stuff, so it spreads like som fashion.. same thing with that rolling bassline that i think infected started with (im not sure) but since then its heard in every dark psy track.

Its how music and art works, the kids copy the masters, then the kids become masters and the new kids copy them :)

You have a very good point...!! However I like to think good music is creative. At the least I don't want to be able to tell exactly where it was copied from... to me that means the artist lacked the creativity to build on someone's past work or create their own kick ass melodies and instead just copied what was already done not even bothering to cover it up. ;)

And for some example.. hmm well lots of tracks by Synsun sounds like stuff Infected Mushroom have made. Dont have any CD here by Sysun so cant give any concrete examples. But its a known fact, they also openly says Infected is their greatest source of inspiration.

Uni's "Red Resonant Moon" copies The Muses Rapt "Spiritual Healing" if my memory stands correct.

Son Kite's "Focus" @ 5:03-5:30 is ripped straight from some track on "Other Side" by Infected Mushroom. I lost the cd so I can't check.

I've never been a fan of these two... BURN YOU COPYING LOSERS.. BURN...

Haha just kidding, thanks for sharing this information since my own example backfired. (& sharing examples should be the idea of this thread) ;)

I have 3 examples without even searching.

Logic Bomb copied a demoscene music from the demo "Extension" by "Pygmy Projects", written originally by "Jester" in their track "Extension".

Rinkadink copied the music of the Speedball 2 videogame in its track "Marauder"

And the very best is...XNoise with "Anjuna Beach" which rips badly "As a Child I Could Walk on the Ceiling" by "The delta"

Well, one last example: take 2 tracks from Alien Project. The guy does maanage to copy himself too !!!!

The human mind can't create anythting new... It re-assembles bits an peaces from the world

Everybody copies everybody, but adds new stuff to the copied, wich is copied from ellswhere...

Where does it get the new stuff from? Where does the new stuff come from and how do you know it's not from the human mind? Maybe you are lacking in creativity but that doesn't mean we all must be.... <_<

Where does it get the new stuff from? Where does the new stuff come from and how do you know it's not from the human mind? Maybe you are lacking in creativity but that doesn't mean we all must be.... <_<

It's a phrase from a track on compilation: Utopia2 ;)

And if you think about it, how often do you hear something in a track that you have NEVER heard before? Maybe the artists combine the elements differently, but if you single out each element in a track, it's been done before! Get my point?

Lame?

I don't really have any good examples.

EDIT - I don't have any examples as I just noticed it's titled MIX HAHA....

Analog Pussy sampled the entire sweeps from the big break of Mino - 2000 Compatible and used it quite alot on two tracks from Psycho Bitch From Hell.

SynSUN-Gagarinz Trip is one very good copy of Astral Projection,Liquid Flow - Moderate Stimulation also.....and yes...it needed 10 years that someone done it...

But I know that there is no chance anybody can copy old Shakta....mission imposible..... :posford:

they also openly says Infected is their greatest source of inspiration.

didn't they say they got inspired by Rhapsody power metal so much?