Starcade - A Storm Called Destiny

Otto Matta

Starcade - A Storm Called Destiny (10:53, 196kbps MP3, 15.4mb)

Take a listen and let me know what you think. I appreciate it.

I know, you're going to get mad.

Anyway, I must tell you.

We are now... on the threshold.

This is the most important moment in your life.

You must know that your innermost wishes will be made real here.

Your most sincere wish! Born of suffering!

No need to say anything.

You just have to concentrate and try to recall your whole life.

When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

And most important...

Most important...

You have to believe!

Now you can go.

- Excerpt from Stalker (Tarkovsky)

Congratulations my friend!!! :clapping:

This track is awesome!

The intro is very calming, the percussion is very good and I love how the melodies start to complete each other. The melody that starts at 03:15 is simply awesome, kind of goa-ish IMO reminds a lot of Unstable Elements. The first part of your track is very nostalgic and calming, great!

Then suddenly at 05:10 the track changes direction. And what a change! Seriously the melody that you wrote there is simply wonderful! It's happy, yet nostalgic I love those melodies!!! The breakbeat fat kick follows perfectly the melody! Simply great!

Totally great track Otto! I'll add the 05:15 melody to my best melodies list!

Keep going :posford:

Ha. Thanks, people. This one has been haunting me for months. Thought it would never end. So I'm glad I was able to finally get it into presentable form. I appreciate your compliments. :D

Nemo - Of course you can use it! :)

my brother just came home, trying to make him listen to this, he's mostly into goa, and full on. perhaps he would like this?

well just to add i really enjoyed this song :)

Is it just me or does it scratch a bit in the start?

Neat Chill Track, Very Inspiring Dude.

Awesome Work Keep it Up!

:clapping: ;)

C.A.N. Y.O.U. P.L.E.A.S.E. S.T.O.P. T.Y.P.I.N.G. L.I.K.E. T.H.A.T.?.!. I.T. R.E.A.L.L.Y. I.S. H.A.R.D. T.O. R.E.A.D.!.!.!.

Anyways, I had a lot of listens to this track, and I have decided that Per "the wannabe viking" Otto and Billy "swedish bong" Symphoid are my all time favorite artists of this forum. Fuck, this is some good shit, and its for free!!! :) This should be signed to W.A.R.P. or something. HONESTLY! :)

It's raining cats and dogs outside as we speak.

Just started the song, and got confused. :D

I'll be back with comments.

e.

It's a really sweet song, but I'm not sure if it tops The Birth and Death of Civilization for me. That was you right? :P

I need to listen to it some more.

C.A.N. Y.O.U. P.L.E.A.S.E. S.T.O.P. T.Y.P.I.N.G. L.I.K.E. T.H.A.T.?.!. I.T. R.E.A.L.L.Y. I.S. H.A.R.D. T.O. R.E.A.D.!.!.!.

Anyways, I had a lot of listens to this track, and I have decided that Per "the wannabe viking" Otto and Billy "swedish bong" Symphoid are my all time favorite artists of this forum. Fuck, this is some good shit, and its for free!!! :) This should be signed to W.A.R.P. or something. HONESTLY! :)

:huh:

Sorry guys its a bad habit i have fallen into doing, i'll try harder. ;):unsure:

Neat track man, got any more?

Website link would be good,

Cheerio

Caffein: Didn't you say something similar about scratching in my last track? Maybe you're talking about the glitch type noise. Have you listened to glitch before?

Thanks, Wangrot. :D

Your Compliments Are Nice To Receive, Plasma Force, Even Though I Can Only Read The First Words Of Your Sentences. cLICK

Nemo - Yeah, Billy's stuff rocks. Let's all wish him luck on finding a nice label home. Warp, though? :lol: I don't think I've attained that level, but I appreciate that giant compliment.

Prio - Yesh, that was my track. Thank you!

Caffein: Didn't you say something similar about scratching in my last track? Maybe you're talking about the glitch type noise. Have you listened to glitch before?

No its definetly there, it's like the sound of a diamond hitting the vinyl, it's very clear...

Between 0:58 and 1:38 it's clear that it's there 1:25 in particular, but just before the percussions hit the track it dissapears. which for me questions why it's there, tbh i like the sound. it makes it a good "olde" feeling to it, really compliments the track.

both my brother and i agrees that its there. listened to it a few times.

but once again i really enjoy the track ^_^ thanks Per.

No its definetly there, it's like the sound of a diamond hitting the vinyl, it's very clear...

Between 0:58 and 1:38 it's clear that it's there 1:25 in particular, but just before the percussions hit the track it dissapears. which for me questions why it's there, tbh i like the sound. it makes it a good "olde" feeling to it, really compliments the track.

both my brother and i agrees that its there. listened to it a few times.

but once again i really enjoy the track ^_^ thanks Per.

Yeah, man, that's a glitch rhythm that starts to fade in at about :40. I fade it right before the beat. If you like that sound you should check out some stuff like Shuttle358! Especially the album called Frame. It's packed with that sort of thing. Anyway, I'm really glad you like the music. :D

Wow :blink: Fantastic. This is the most beautiful track I've heard from you, Per. It's so full of texture and rich soundscape. I truly love this piece.

Did you record the storm?

Mucho congrats on finishing, dude! It's worth the journey.

Wow :blink: Fantastic. This is the most beautiful track I've heard from you, Per. It's so full of texture and rich soundscape. I truly love this piece.

Did you record the storm?

Mucho congrats on finishing, dude! It's worth the journey.

Thanks, Billy!!! I'm really glad you like it! :D

Yeah, I did record the storm. It's actually two different storms about two months apart from each other. The birds recording is also mine, from my window early one morning when they were just waking up and starting to make that beautiful racket.

Thanks for listening, everybody, and for the compliments. This is the last track of an EP called Les Introvertis Chroniques I'm going to attempt to release after fixing up the first five tracks (lots of work) and getting the whole thing mastered, hopefully in October sometime. Your support and encouragement have been very valuable to me, even though the music is not quite what this site is based around. Obviously we all have broad taste, for electronics or otherwise.

I'm not going to try to make a living from music, or even necessarily try to perform or any of that stuff. I just like making it and being able to communicate via that particular language with others. In fact, when this little guy is on its way I want to get back to painting for a while. But my first and biggest love is music, so we'll see. I'd love it if I could combine the two, but knowing me, that's not possible. Can't be in two zones at once.

If anyone has some good mastering advice, as in resources for people who do it well and open-mindedly, I'd love to hear them. PM is your friend. Thanks again. :D Per

Did you play the guitar your self, or is it samples you've found somewhere? Nomatter what i love the feeling in your track.. But maybe there could be some more layers in it? A exstra string or pad to fill the room a little bit more? Other than that it's very prof!

And about the glitch sounds: Me like :D

Did you play the guitar your self, or is it samples you've found somewhere? Nomatter what i love the feeling in your track.. But maybe there could be some more layers in it? A exstra string or pad to fill the room a little bit more? Other than that it's very prof!

And about the glitch sounds: Me like :D

I thought about adding some strings, actually. Maybe I will now. Thanks. The guitar parts are all made with a VST called Revitar 2.0, which is pretty nice, but CPU-heavy.

I thought about adding some strings, actually. Maybe I will now. Thanks. The guitar parts are all made with a VST called Revitar 2.0, which is pretty nice, but CPU-heavy.

Cool, it sound very acoustic :) Think i'll get my hands in that, thanks alot :)