psyreviews is dead...

gallowglass

your album was kinda entertaining pitched down 10 bpm :lol:

and your liveset in Amsterdam a while ago was nice too :)

HEHhehheh :D the choice of BPM is a matter of gravity ;) 155 is about how long it takes to jump/dance happily between the kickdrums...

but that´s again by my own standards... if it´s gonna be partystyle, it´s nice n bouncy at around 150+ BPM imo

then again this short girl in sweden kept complaining that the music was awesome but the BPM was too high... and i´m around 187cm

HEY let´s not get into physics ;D HEHEHehhehe

but i do understand for sure when you´re used to a certain BPM that´s around 145 then 155 automatically makes it sound really fast...

and if you make music daily mainly around 155 then you get speedblind ;) like me....

it´s nice to experiment with this because if you play my album first at 10 BPM faster then at the original tempo you´ll see what i mean..

actually it reminds me of a nice experience i had with incense + bed + 'KoxBox - Dragon Tails' album playing at chillout tempo... W0W ;D

try it if you got that CD or whatever pirates have :D "ARRRRRRRRR MATEY!!!"

:ph34r: <--- pirate ninja?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh and i wanna say to Damion, if you´re reading this:

HANG IN THERE BUDDY! :P .... i´ll be waiting for your comeback ;D

the downs can only exist if there is UP! and that´s where we´re going!!!

the melodies will come back

TONZofLOVE!!!!

HEHhehe :D nice

i tried to make sure the cover was as topnotch as the music.. but of course this is from my perspective ;D :ph34r:

it certainly makes me happy and i hope it will do the same for you! <3

:drama:

He he the only album in 2007 I bought twice ;)

I used to buy into that everything is dead bullshit.

but then I realised... like I give a shit if some dude who has 2000 cds thinks that not enough psytrance is being released.

I only have 6 cds so far... and theres certainly plenty of great releases getting released. As well as many unique classics... and sub genres.

In particular the Darkpsy and Psychedelic Minimal Techno stuff... can't go past that.

If there is one thing I'll complain about though its going to an event and finding out the music there is shit. That really sucks :(

Man, noo, please don't start ranting and rambling again, that issue has a beard already.

You are worse than Austrians. And this means something if it comes from an Austrian, oh boy! Don't get me wrong, I actually LOVE to be negative, I'm a bit of a doomsday prophet, so that's my duty! I mean, I'd actually enjoy it, to bathe in the waves of wonderful rants and sentimental thoughts, wonderful ... but damn it, it really slowly gets old. Some of you guys sound like if you lived in the local old people's home already...

Recently I saw an underground TV show with a special feature about Goa and Psy. And you know, it was a wonderful show. Not because of what they presented, I knew all of this already, of course, but because there was no negativity! And no fullon! No negativity AND no fullon, have to say this again, because in the last times I had the impression this was impossible!

Really, there was not this "it was all better in the past"-melancholic rant atmosphere that is so present at many places nowadays. Maybe it was a little idealistic and naive (the "hippie" way, you know ... a bit), but gosh, I now realize I prefer the much arsed hippy style to the rant style for thousand percent! Damnit...

But I'm so happy that there are also some optimists here...

Yess! Listen to this man!

How if we actually really do something about it?

This site is called psyNEWS, so let's do something! Form a collective maybe? "PsyNEWS collective - finally bringing NEWS to psy music!" NEW Music! NEW input! How about that? It's thousand times better than just ranting and doing nothing. If this doesn't work then you at least have a REASON to rant!

So how about it, hmmm? I'd be up to join, but I can't make music. Maybe I can learn that once I'm past that thesis...

I think that's a wonderful idea!! And I'd be happy to join, though I don't know how to make music. I can write anything, and also a bit of html. Also, just today I saw Synogen's goa artists thread. It's a great idea, to make a topic (maybe later even a small database :)) with todays goa artists. The more infos on the web, the better - and it's also easier to find them :).

So, any ideas, on what could we first start working? :)

the new psyreviews main page:

Posted Image

It always seemed like he was getting more and more disgusted with the genre but it would be nice if he had kept the archives and podcasts up even if there weren't new reviews. I always enjoyed reading them (even the negative ones) and often LOL'd in the process. And it was the only place ive ever seen a psytrance track referred to as 'homeric' which is an achievement in itself.

Love the new picture :lol:

I'm with basilisk and the like on this one. Whilst it can be a real pain having to dig thru all the shit to find some good releases, theyre still definately there (especially in the prog scene atm imo, which released some stunners last year). And also fortunately i must say psynews has kept true to itself and the scene: just about all of my favourite releases that i bought last year i bought because of positive reviews here on psynews. It covered a very good percentage of the releases worth buying last year, so keep it up guys, writing reviews on albums you think are worth buying really does make a difference as it shows people like me (and many others) where to look in the scene for the real gems which in turn wll help the producers who are staying true to the scene get more attenton and thus continue to put out great music! :)

• 7 months later...

This topic got me thinking about making a resourceful guide to good, interesting, or otherwise noteworthy releases of any given year. I took the list I posted on page 2 of this thread and ported it over to my site (with some modifications). Although it is a work in progress at the present time, you are welcome to have a peek:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/projects/essential-selections/2007/

P.S. I hope it goes without saying but this project is purely a reflection of my personal taste and is not meant to be definitive or authoritative in any way :)

This topic got me thinking about making a resourceful guide to good, interesting, or otherwise noteworthy releases of any given year. I took the list I posted on page 2 of this thread and ported it over to my site (with some modifications). Although it is a work in progress at the present time, you are welcome to have a peek:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/projects/essential-selections/2007/

P.S. I hope it goes without saying but this project is purely a reflection of my personal taste and is not meant to be definitive or authoritative in any way :)

No Hujaboy, Krusseldorf or Mr. Rogers?

Damn! ;)