GSH Trance Mix

GaySatanicHippie

Hello everyone,

the other day I came home from a bar at 3 in the morning completely wasted and made this mix, which much to my surprise the next morning is pretty awesome, which is why I wanna share it with you guys. I really like the flow and track selection of things, and the mixing is surprisingly solid considering the level of inebriation (not squeaky clean perfect, but hey..)

I would call this music "pure trance", even though 80% of these tracks go under the category of Techno at Beatport. At the end you will recognize some familiar psy-names :)

Why dedicate this Mix to Barry Manilow you ask? I don't know, when I woke up the next morning that's the title I saw that was the title I had given it the night before. I guess I probably thought that because this mix is so melodic and Barry Manilow always has such beautiful melodies when he sings, it would just make perfect sense. And that one song is called "Ode ao Sol" so that probably inspired me to call this Mix

Ode an Barry Manilow

which translates to "Ode to Barry Manilow"

1.) Will Saul - 3000 AD - Simple Records

2.) Einmusik - Fleur de Lis - Italic Records

3.) Paul Nazca - Kukrapok - Stolen Moments Records

4.) The Droyds - All I ever wanted (Dusty Kid Needs Love Mix) - Rebirth Records

5.) Daso - Meine - Spectral Sound

6.) Rodion - Luna Dark (Oliver Koletzki Mix) - Gomma Records

7.) Hugg & Pepp - Moderkaka - Dahlbeck Records

8.) Paul Nazca - Legende - Giant Wheel Records

9.) Peter Juergens - Love It - Room Records

10.) Britney Spears - Breathe On Me (James Holden Mix)

11.) Kino Oko - The Day to Die (La Baaz Remix) - Coldgroove Records

12.) Perfect Stranger & Pena - Ode Ao Sol - Flow Records

13.) Freq - Avatar - Mikrokosmos Records

14.) Kino Oko - Dead Birds in the Sky - Horns & Hoofs REcords

This Mix is in 192 kbps and turned out to be 83 minutes, I guess I forgot to cut it off at 80. Oh well....

I shall leave with this portrait of Barry for your personal enjoyment. You can stare at it on your screen when you listen to this mix, i ensure you many pretty and fluffy dreams:

Posted Image

wow thanks alot for this mix, this stuff is amazing! only listened for 15 minutes so far but wow!! putting this on my mp3 player since I have to go and do an errand, think this music will suit perfect when i walk thru town in my current mood, just excellent music.

Thanks DP and Samuel. I'm glad you guys enjoy it, and Samuel, I hope the last 65 minutes were as good as as the first 15 :)

Anyways, this mix was downloaded by a crazy amount of people, someone must have posted it on another forum, because psynews, isratrance and my personal mailing list certainly can't account for all those downloads. That's the beauty of the internet, though, back in the day I copied my mixes on 20 tapes to give them to friends, or one time I burned 50 CD's to physically distribute. That was such a pain in the ass. Now 50 people downloaded this in the first two days and it keeps getting more and more. Awesome :)

• 1 month later...

Pure trance you say? I recognise some names in the tracklist plus I know we share some of the same taste --> downloading right now! :)

Nice mix of trance styles! Don't know most of those names, but the last few tracks are spec-freaking-tacular! d/ling now, will post feedback.

And, :lol: at Britney Spears right above Kino Oko! Imagine if they collaborated :ph34r:

Pure trance you say? I recognise some names in the tracklist plus I know we share some of the same taste --> downloading right now! :)

Im sure you will like this one, Tatsu, it should be right up your alley. It is very melodic and smooth :)

Nice mix of trance styles! Don't know most of those names, but the last few tracks are spec-freaking-tacular! d/ling now, will post feedback.

And, :lol: at Britney Spears right above Kino Oko! Imagine if they collaborated :ph34r:

That Britney Spears remix is actually really trippy, so it fits well with the kino oko- All that is left of Britney are weird glitched out choppy voice samples.

Just listened to it once and you are right, I really like it. Very nice flow and melodies, totaly my style. :)

great mix!

Nice to hear other styles of trance, I listen to so much psytrance... Im not tired of it or anything, but something new is always welcome!

Thanks!

Diggin this track: 6.) Rodion - Luna Dark (Oliver Koletzki Mix) - Gomma Records

great mix!

Nice to hear other styles of trance, I listen to so much psytrance... Im not tired of it or anything, but something new is always welcome!

Thanks!

Diggin this track: 6.) Rodion - Luna Dark (Oliver Koletzki Mix) - Gomma Records

there is no trance xept psy trance , im listnin to psy for almost 10 yrs now since 96 - 97 and wud never try any crap trance like tiesto or van buren or anyone else thike this :ph34r:

u better listen to some rock . rnb or punk instead of any other kind of trance :wank:

there is no trance xept psy trance , im listnin to psy for almost 10 yrs now since 96 - 97 and wud never try any crap trance like tiesto or van buren or anyone else thike this :ph34r:

u better listen to some rock . rnb or punk instead of any other kind of trance :wank:

First off, if you don't like the mix, which you obviously haven't even listened to, there is the door. Feel free to walk out.

Second of all, anybody who has been listening to psy trance for an entire decade would never make such a stupid and ignorant remark, let alone on a psy trance forum with 8500+ users. Good one.

Third, where in GHS' tracklist have you noticed names like DJ Tiesto and Armin Van Buuren? Help a blind man out here, bro. There must be like a hidden bonus track thrown in the mix for all you real psy freaks. I cannot hear it, thus I must suck.

Now, get your act together and learn your history. IM would be disappointed in you. 'Nighty night.

First of all, thanks Alleycat :)

To Aliened, if you actually listened to the mix you would have heard that it has absolutely nothing to do with Tiesto and Van Buuren. Technically, all this stuff is filed in the Techno category , except the last few tracks which come from the psyscene. But the goal of this mix was to recreate the vibe of early 90's trance.

But anyways, continue listening to Psynina aka some dude pretending to be a girl, didnt you say in some other thread how much you love that CD? All that bubble-gum full-on like Psynina has a lot more in common with Tiesto than this mix, thats for sure...

Tiesto!? NO! No fluffed out uberclubtrance here. Just warm nice memories...