Koxbox live

buzzman

Was wandering if anyone have listened to this fellow live?

Posted Image

Went to a azax syndrome/koxbox party this weekend, and koxbox was by far the best dj i have ever heard live (not that i have heard that many)

It was such a psychedelic experience, it totally freaked me out and i just danced for 4 hours without thinking of anything at all, just hypnotized! Couldn't understand when people came and talked to me, i wouldn't get of the trip!

And the coolest thing was the way he performed... He wasnt dancing or waving hes arms or anything, he just walked around doing hes job, looking out on the crowd with the most self satisfied smile on hes face :) You could really see the old fellow knows what hes doing! SOO cool

If you haven't been to a koxbox party, or if you didn't like it, then whats your coolest experience?

A hit or miss live act experience IMHO.

They (he) can deliver, and make everyone's heads do a 720, but they can also be a run of the mill lazy act and bore me to death. Actually, that doesn't set them apart from any live act, as each and every electronic music DJ/producer/performer has a rainy day over their head every once in a while.

Frank E is quite serious with his sets... probably the best way to experience his work is when he's playing for a long period of time (4 hours or more) as he really gets into a killer groove and just never lets up. His new music is made to be played on big rigs with crystal clear sound--all the textures emerge and strike you in the head in surprising ways... on a muddy system at a smaller party I just don't think it would be the same.

Seen Koxbox live like 20 times?! Seen Frank dj more than that (thanks to that I lived 50 minutes from Copenhagen at the golden age of trance). I have djed with Frank a couple of times as well, and as Basilisk says, when he gets to build up, its amazing. Frank is a good fellah indeet :)

I saw only Ian Ion alone doing a Koxbox/Saiko Pod live set because Frank E was ill.

But it was still a two people live set as fortunately they've got our local DJ Acan to help out and play Frank's part :)

That was years ago.

Still haven't seen Koxbox again.

But I definitely want to!

oh and yeah, this was one of the coolest lives I've ever been to because it was my first one :wub:

I saw only Ian Ion alone doing a Koxbox/Saiko Pod live set because Frank E was ill.

But it was still a two people live set as fortunately they've got our local DJ Acan to help out and play Frank's part :)

That was years ago.

Still haven't seen Koxbox again.

But I definitely want to!

oh and yeah, this was one of the coolest lives I've ever been to because it was my first one :wub:

do you know Acan?! :D

do you know Acan?! :D

Well, I "know" him as an artist as I have seen him spinning maybe already three times back some years a go in the beginning of my psytrance phase ... but I've never spoken a word with him :(

I would talk to him if I saw him spinning again, but he seems to be on house music now and I've not encountered him on any psy party again...

do you know him?

seen koxbox a few times maybe 4-5 times including samothraki

frank e set at least another 5

agree that some times were worse than others, but overall you can expect quality ;)

it really sucked the last time i had the chance to hear a franke set. he just played a track and left the stage.

i think there was some problem with the sound or similar..