The Story Behind The Death Of Metapsychic Records

Why a compilation - no, and an album - yes? :)

Untold Stories and Pandemonium are 2 different things. You can be an asshole, but it's your priority as an artist to do what you want to do. I agree with a statement saying Filipe changes his mind faster than you can say Boom Shankar. If you deal with this kind of person, who's problem is it? Also, this is business. You can't apply a hippy-communistic model to it, because it just won't work. The Phototropic guy had the ability to release an album on a label, sorry, but a real label! You could have written another album, a better one and sell it to him, but no, he just took it out of Meta. It ended up on p2p networks.

Considering your second statement, I'm sure that's not possible with any other artists and projects, only with Lost ones :)

hmmmm, so if you have a VERBAL deal, and you break it, cause you felt like an artist that you should change your mind, makes you less of an asshole, cause there was no signed papers?! A DEAL IS A DEAL! If I say to Fabien that a track of mine is his, but we dont sign any papers, then it is fucking HIS track to release, unless he does not release it (which in that case he would be the asshole). Anyways, but that is probably just me.

I think that's exactly what a label manager has to do - make offers. But it's totally up to an artists to decide what to do with an offer. I don't know what deals they had between Meta and Filipe, and I don't care, but I can't see why Phototropic in any way is doing dirty tricks.

So I'm wondering : is there anyone against me helping the Metapsy guys finishing their story in a decent way ?

There seems to be this incessant wave of paranoia and competition between the new goa labels.. i remember hearing similar things about suntrip supporters trying to undermine free releases - all this is total bullshit really. There is so little money to make, everthing is so expensive whether its equipment, or pressing orders - i think if anyone is doing this as a serious way of making money they should either get a real job or otherwise learn to sell-out. This is all for the music and if anyone starts chasing after money, plans and relationships will fuck up. Its good to imburse the efforts and work it takes to put something out into the world both on the artist and label side, but even then what the artists due is pure sacrifice, someone has to do this for the music to exist and to reach the people - its such a sacrifice of time effort and energy and really as a job would be one of the lowest paying ever if you were thinking of living off it [unless you do gigs 6 months a year or if you're a label throw parties every 2 weeks - then you might have a chance to be able to quit your day job]

The point is, when there are so few of us and all these labels are looking to release the same pool of maybe a dozen artist + another dozen unknown artists... you can see we're all in the same fight.

My stance towards meta is of great gratitude - their vision was to release as professionally as they can some of this new goa out there to make people aware that this sound is comming back and to give some of these artists the spotlight so that the world can see what they are doing. It serves to show that there can be way more than 1 label and 5 artists making this music. The change meta and other free releases have done is spread awareness for the goa revival and makes it possible that today full-on labels and labels like dragonfly are considering making new goa releases - something that would have been impossible a few years ago.

I've talked with cosmogenesis as a good friend and told him he's only done good and is the most out-spoken and supporting person i've encountered through this music. I am sure we will see more of him and the community as a whole in the future, for now their peace is desirved.

hmmmm, so if you have a VERBAL deal, and you break it, cause you felt like an artist that you should change your mind, makes you less of an asshole, cause there was no signed papers?! A DEAL IS A DEAL! If I say to Fabien that a track of mine is his, but we dont sign any papers, then it is fucking HIS track to release, unless he does not release it (which in that case he would be the asshole). Anyways, but that is probably just me.

No, I'm just saying what did you (they) expect from Filipe after his background.

And for me all this Meta hype was all over after their posts here and I thought there was no difference between any Meta member. I'm pretty happy I was wrong.

There seems to be this incessant wave of paranoia and competition between the new goa labels..

The new goa labels... There are just hunderds from them :D

Really, there is just so much good music. When I was compiling my Freshly Cut Tomato (soon on real pressed CD btw :P) there was so much good music! I was so sad that some tracks got left out of the compilation.

I thought Goa Trance was a representation of being together and existing as one, and being thankful for the things we are given? I've never thought about which label was better or any of that bullshit towards Suntrip nor Meta, but sad to hear some people did.

I'm with everyone else though, start over. Rebuild the pyramids. :D

Isn't pandemonium an american guy living in Yokosuka, Japan who visits this forum & has a passion for fun energetic music?

I can't imagine him in this whole debacle!

Or has someone stolen his name?

Thats a completely different guy, I am the cool american guy named Pandemonium living in Yokosuka Japan and who enjoys fun energetic music. the other pandemonium is the one who copied my name and is the one in this big mess!! :rolleyes: I sent you a pm on myspace

Thats a completely different guy, I am the cool american guy named Pandemonium living in Yokosuka Japan and who enjoys fun energetic music. the other pandemonium is the one who copied my name and is the one in this big mess!! :rolleyes: I sent you a pm on myspace

You are Pandemonium and he is Pandemonium! if I'm not mistaking.

IMO Felipe showed his true face.. once again.. i have no doubt in my mind who really deserves the RESPECT for all the Metapsychic is and was.. and it's not Felipe..

great music man, but your ego is waaay to big for a true goa trancer.. and it's making people like you and your music less..

a shame, but goa music cannot be diluted. those who choose money over life fail to make the music that stirs the soul and releases the mind into the trance state of ecstasy

I smoke this herb for you Metaphysics records.

Peace and Love.

• 1 month later...

A sad story :(

I wouldn't have thought that Filipe is such a bad person, although I don't really know him (I have some of his music lying around). I mean ... it's not about that he signed with another label, you Metapsychic guys even said that's ok for you because you just want the best for him (which I find very respectable, you deserve more than a sixpack of beer for this). The reason why he's an asshole is that he practically ruined your work after that. I'd not have expected this guy to be such an arse. Strange. And sad.

Although I didn't have any of your releases I really hope you two manage to get rid of the negativity and start anew again. I wish it for you. I can't see people being treated unfair. Makes me wanna punch something...

Good luck to you. Enjoy your holiday and come back with fresh positive energy :)

Oh and I'd still like to hear what Filipe would say about it.

BTW, interesting coincidence with the Suntrip inbox aswell... :ph34r: