Is it wrong to like trance but not to dance?

StraydoG

As the title suggests. I absolutly love trance, basically the only style of music I listen to weather its regular, hard, psy, goa & prog etc...

Thing is, I dont dance. It just doesnt feel natural. I well like a complete retard just spazzing out, its not me. Only dancing I do is on DDR, haha.

In a club/party you get people asking you if your OK since your not dancing, I go for the music. Should I learn to dance, can I even???

Of course it is not wrong, I know many people that don't dance but yet they hear the music very well. And you can't learn how to dance, but you can let yourself go, get entranced but that is impossible to happen these days cause most of the music is not even trancing enough. Letting yourself go is the best feeling one can have, making yourself completely possessed by music, you just need to let the music posses you and then the naturality of dance comes by itself. :D

Dude, you are so not alone on this. I've only danced when completely subjected to other things. Hah! Sober, I don't find it in myself. I remember though one time I was so messed up people were gathering around me to watch me dance. I was hot shit...until the drugs wore off, i shit you not, either.

So yeah, dancing doesn't feel natural to me, but I find us people who do not dance, moretheless filled with this vibrational energy that everyone's watching and we're just self-conscious of looking like a bunch of idiots like the other dancers look like...yeah, most dancers look like idiots :) but at least they're having fun. I still have fun not dancing.

I'd say if you feel like it's not normal, that is okay, getting possessed, well, that would suck, but knowing you enjoy the music and perhaps know it better than the other idiots dancing around you :lol::lol: while you do nothing but sit there and bob your head up and down knowing that you're listening to the freshest bumps, well, that's priceless.

i'mma start sounding like homeboi! imma be packin, yo!

werd!

-Aaron ;)

You poor saps. I can't not dance. Even if I am just standing the beat just gets to me, it goes through the body and makes everything move. I don't even have to think about it consciously, if the music is good my body will start dancing by itself without brain interfering. It's one of the most amazing feelings in life for me. I guess it's one of the last free areas that my ego doesn't have total control over. Stop caring about what some insecure snob might think about the way you move and let yourself go. Music+dancing is like no other energy release. I truly believe that you are missing out on a huge chunk of the experience.

ur one helluvan straydog if you go to goa parties and dont dance :ph34r:

and personally i dont even think when im dancing, i just like getting into the music and the movements come all by itself, the madder the music the heavier the dance gets

TANDAVA!

ur one helluvan straydog if you go to goa parties and dont dance :ph34r:

and personally i dont even think when im dancing, i just like getting into the music and the movements come all by itself, the madder the music the heavier the dance gets

TANDAVA!

I've only been to one goa party. That was Hallucinogen and some other nice light hearted stuff. I vibrated like I had a dildo stuck in my butt, is that considered dancing? haha! =] Seriously though, I just think people have different ways of doing their own thing. I won't knock you for looking like an idiot flapping your wings so long as you won't knock me for standing there bobbin my head ridin the waves inside my mind looking like an idiot.

;)

-d

I've only been to one goa party. That was Hallucinogen and some other nice light hearted stuff. I vibrated like I had a dildo stuck in my butt, is that considered dancing? haha! =] Seriously though, I just think people have different ways of doing their own thing. I won't knock you for looking like an idiot flapping your wings so long as you won't knock me for standing there bobbin my head ridin the waves inside my mind looking like an idiot.

;)

-d

you just gave me the laugh of the evening!!! :lol: brilliant description!!!!

I don't count all these Midwest parties really so much as goa influenced parties. There's absolutely no mind-body connection at all with whatever is played at todays events, damon. But when posford was in arkansas, the entire lineup was playing music I enjoyed and it wasn't my favorite event only because of posford :) but because they had a lineup that pretty much laid out a ton of goa goa goa melodic psy, the real deal and not the monotonous dark midwestern love stuff.

I mean hell, truth is, I think all we should have here in the midwest is gabba

:) everybody seems to love 180bpm dark stuff, so why not do 220bpm mental fucking breakdown banging techno metal, yeah? :) so yeah, one goa party! hah!

:)

-d

You poor saps. I can't not dance. Even if I am just standing the beat just gets to me, it goes through the body and makes everything move. I don't even have to think about it consciously, if the music is good my body will start dancing by itself without brain interfering. It's one of the most amazing feelings in life for me. I guess it's one of the last free areas that my ego doesn't have total control over. Stop caring about what some insecure snob might think about the way you move and let yourself go. Music+dancing is like no other energy release. I truly believe that you are missing out on a huge chunk of the experience.

+1

but -1 to the poor saps part :lol:

If someone doesn't want to dance that's fine, dancing isn't for everyone.

+1

but -1 to the poor saps part :lol:

If someone doesn't want to dance that's fine, dancing isn't for everyone.

I just mean that I feel bad that some people can't experience what I experience since it's so incredible :) That's all I meant by poor saps :)

Im not worried about people thinking I look like an idiot, its just I dont dance. Doesnt feel natural.

The closest I will get is kinda swaying slightly side to side maybe bobbing my head to the beat o_O

Hey mate, many people call that dancing ;)

Last club I was at in the middle near the front of the dancefloor there was a guy there all night just stood nodding his head!

I like the music more than I do dancing, but when the music hits that sweet spot, I can't help but dance. The worst feeling is being on a dancefloor and wanting to dance but the music's no good - I feel like an awkward, wet mop. The best feeling is when the DJ's good enough to make you dance. Happens once in a while.

I listen almost exclusively dance music but I ver dance well almost.

I prefer to mind-tripping when I'm listening to music and rarely move my body but you can't call that dance.

I agree with Otto BTW. The tracks that can really make me dance are only a few.

I like the music more than I do dancing, but when the music hits that sweet spot, I can't help but dance. The worst feeling is being on a dancefloor and wanting to dance but the music's no good - I feel like an awkward, wet mop. The best feeling is when the DJ's good enough to make you dance. Happens once in a while.

true. i feel my decreasement of dancing hours linked to this. in order to dance i need my mind to wander around above me or somehippiething. i can't dance when i've got my brains all there where i am.

I always dance when i'm on the dancefloor and i'm not talking to someone, evne if I don't really like what's playing..

If i'm high on acid and I hear some very psychedelic trance (or other psychedelic dancing music) I'm also sad that I don't hear the track on a party..

so imo psychedelic trance should be danced to to get FULL profit from it

but is it wrong to like trance but not to dance?

No off course not

In fact most psytrance is made for both listening and dancing, but I think the music gets more psychedelic when you dance to it.. some music like Kindzadza and Para Halu for example is even more hypnotic when you dance to it