suggestions for new subgenres

Bahamut

Psychedelic Bossa :D

My idea is to combine mostly the beats/rhythms/percussion and partially other sounds or melodies from electronic Bossa (?) music, like this: http://www.mediafire.com/?2kfdfyx3pws

with some typical psytrance synth sounds, 303ish loops & FX

So basicly you remove certain elements from the bossa and add psytrance elements instead. Some sort of combination between these styles must be possible.

Maybe Shpongle - My Head Feels Like a Frisbee is a bit like this. But then with more trance sounds.

In my imagination the result would be something really refreshing and insanely groovy, psychedelic and danceable. :posford:

Psychedelic Bossa :D

My idea is to combine mostly the beats/rhythms/percussion and partially other sounds or melodies from electronic Bossa (?) music, like this: http://www.mediafire.com/?2kfdfyx3pws

with some typical psytrance synth sounds, 303ish loops & FX

So basicly you remove certain elements from the bossa and add psytrance elements instead. Some sort of combination between these styles must be possible.

Maybe Shpongle - My Head Feels Like a Frisbee is a bit like this. But then with more trance sounds.

In my imagination the result would be something really refreshing and insanely groovy, psychedelic and danceable. :posford:

Excellent idea aktually!

Weren't we supposed to have a track finished by now?

Still working on it...but I promise when it's finished, it will send shockwaves through the psy and polka scene!

I'd love to see a psy trance-jazz cross over, especially if it was done with a live jazz band and a psy trance producer.

Like what St Germain does/did but instead of using house music, using psy instead. I can already hear psychedelic versions of songs like so flute and street scene in my head... :rolleyes:

Twud be quite hard to pull off without sounding cheesy though...

Edit: it was also make quite a cool psy chill crossover, with gentle jazz melodies weaving in and out of softly hypnotic beats, floaty synths, and spaced out effects

Gothic-glam folk. Imagine it, people dressed up in glittering clothes, wearing depressing dark gothic makeup and hair styles, singing gentle, acoustic, heart-felt songs. I think it could prove a huge market.

Treebient - Ambient music mixed with nature, the outside world & the wildlife. Something really atmospheric and easy on the listener that slowly evolves into an exciting rhythm of sounds of nature.. I might try making something just like this to show you what I mean..

It has been made before... not new thing at all... :P

Guest The Journey Man Project

how about "SHITRANCE"??? actually, that should become the new main genre name for full on... or for the entire so called current "psy" trance genre... swap the psy for what it really is SHIT!

I'd love to see a psy trance-jazz cross over, especially if it was done with a live jazz band and a psy trance producer.

Like what St Germain does/did but instead of using house music, using psy instead. I can already hear psychedelic versions of songs like so flute and street scene in my head... :rolleyes:

Twud be quite hard to pull off without sounding cheesy though...

Edit: it was also make quite a cool psy chill crossover, with gentle jazz melodies weaving in and out of softly hypnotic beats, floaty synths, and spaced out effects

Lol morning psy?

Treebient - Ambient music mixed with nature, the outside world & the wildlife. Something really atmospheric and easy on the listener that slowly evolves into an exciting rhythm of sounds of nature.. I might try making something just like this to show you what I mean..

Treebient is a damn cool name for a genre!

shouldn't that be

Death Full on ?

;)

Death Full On

Black Full On

Pagan Full On

Satanic Full On

Grind Full On