Essential quotes

yerg

"I can't say I have one particular favorite recording artist. To make a top 10, is too limiting. Its constantly changing. For sure there are always pieces being made that are stunning and very contemporary and speak of the spirit of the time. But it is hard for any one artist or group to stay vitally hot on the vibe, consistently. Artists tend to peak. Mostly, if they have some commercial success, they tend to cling on to the formulas that gave them visibility.

Fashion is an undulating tide, and the more enduring creative innovators can interpret the constant shifts, reinventing themselves, as they rock with the waves. The job of a DJ is to take individual tunes out of the collective whirlpool, data flow, and create an information chain-reaction-statement out of it. And when the artists hear their music reinterpreted in a mix, their tunes take on a life of their own. One tune can have magnificent bearing and influence upon the direction of a collective movement. Then other tunes come which mirror that one back, which creates the evolution.

It's more than any one artist. Its greater than one. All we really can be is a clear vehicle, or channel, to allow something much greater and universal to flow thru, without attaching too much personality or ego identification to it. Then it comes down to the fundamental role--pop, fashion, art, culture or spirituality--serves for society's psychic health."

- Ray Castle, from AN EVOLVING ECOLOGY OF INTUITIVE CIRCUITS (August 1997)

I'd probably like Ryan very much :)

Favourite, ever-green quotes from Texas Faggott:

"Mitä ihmettä? Keitä..." (a troll from childrens series, Rölli)

"Ne ovat mielikuvitusolentoja! Ajattele nopeasti jotain muuta!" (a girl from the ever-green series)

"What the heck? Who..."

"They are imaginary cratures! Quickly! Think of something else!"

And then the completely twisted-psychedelic lead :wub:

Another classic from Texas Faggott's track, Kaunista. Remixed from Minerva, a female singer singing.

Translated something like;

"Beautiful, oh so beautiful. Everything is so beautiful...

... beautiful, so beautiful. There is nothing more beutiful than you."

I heard this first time with live singer :wub: Second time from a dj in a forest party. Outdoors it's even more euphoric.

A translation fom Vihtahousu; "Are you in such a condition that I may let you go further than a few meters from the toilet?" Probably from the same track: "Hi ladies, do you want to go out wiht us?" Sounds like a traditional Finnish weekend, a few beers too much :P

"Look at the nature around you - it's as psychedelic as in front of the speakers"

It's is so clear that I just don't know how to speak it :)

But it's hard to speak psychedelic anyway.

Perhaps the problem is that we use to live in a world pretty much artificial, created by us to provide the feeling of stillness. But the real world, that one that gets us by surprise if we are not paying attention, is very psychedelic.

Look at the forest for example... Millions of little leafs of different brightness of green merging with each other... And that feeling of something coming to get you, some kind of animal that might make you feel an unbelievable pain, just when you see colorful dots spotting in the trees. You don't think, you are hungry, and you get the fruit and feel incredibly good eating that, while that feeling of the hunter come again with the sunset explosion of colors in the sky between everything above your head...

The world is highly psychedelic.. we just add a few ordered higher psychedelic elements to make it feels... super-real ;)

Supernatural.

btw, kox box rulz...

"Stay Psychedelic and watch out for the Stratosfear."

still my favourite Koxbox quote (is it a quote or is it just a saying?)

charlie youre so psy!

:wank:

• 7 months later...

"I think that my concept can fit with every culture because it draws inspiration and direction from a time of humanity when, no matter where you went, people were in touch with the Earth and the spirits of nature, the sun and the Moon, and all of the elements... and so, we're delving to the same place and trying to bring the same thing forth--but with the technology of the 21st century, and in a way to appeal to the youth of the 21st century... so, I think that it fits."

-- From 'An Awakening,' Alien Mental

"Look at the nature around you - it's as psychedelic as in front of the speakers"

Those words made me feel so wonderful,

wow i had to read that a few times. i thought this was a joke. similar to what someone else said, this indicates we a waaaayyy too artificial life. makes me feel sad honestly, seems like so many people have lost interest in nature without adding 10 000 watts to it.

seems like every event claims to be "unlike any other experience" there are probably twenty or so recycled quotes for 90% of events "spiritual awakening"

i keep thinking of "the man who synergized east and west" uh....... yeah.

from a friend= "went to this party last weekend, Terrible music, danced all weekend long to just the worst music ever"

heheh, sometimes it just don't matter.

The Muses Rapt made a great comment i can't quote exactly, but "the trance and electronic music it is very good because it has no language so all people can enjoy it together"

fairly obvious even then i guess, still nice.

another kox box quote would be the sound byte

"the music of the future .. isn't music"

another kox box quote would be the sound byte

"the music of the future .. isn't music"

That's a Saiko-Pod quote...

I know, it's the same guys, but to Saiko-Pod I connect it more. Koxbox stands for me for the "Stay Psychedelic..." saying.