Electrypnose-Where Do We go?

He's producing way too much.

Good point. Hes coming out with something like every 8 months or so. Usually when artists start producing at such a rapid pace the production and quality suffer. Do you think this will be the case with Electrypnose?

2 albums in 2006 and 20 tracks on compilations. In 2007 he has released a split/collaborations album and now a double cd on Digital Psionics and at least three tracks on compilations.

Are the labels happy to release anything as long as it's by an established artist?

I agree. Although Electrypnose managed to release two main albums in 2006, I found the Down-Tempo-esque (Subliminimal Melancholies) superior to the Dark Psytrance Le Tireur de Ficelles, which was above average too and could've been alot more intriguing, powerful, layered (it isn't the layers but what you do with them!), and interesting than many tracks were but still.

Then there's this other album I just found released in May 2007 starring Electrypnose here:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/kbr/kbr1cd003.html

The last two Electrypnose tracks on that comp of sorts link above... I don't like how he changes his style up so much without a strong, powerful leading melody (or melodies) streaking across all of the zippy, twist, pop, special effects and stylish mixing. The song sounds like all style and little substance regardless of the samples length. You can generally get an impression from the style.

And now this one being discussed in this thread..

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dps/dps2cd021.html

From what I've heard so far (via Where Do We Go? album samples at the link above) I like or find interesting tracks 1, 2, 3, 14, 15. Track 2 is groovy but I don't care for ther "E, E, E, Electro" sample. It's cheesy IMO.

But I currently do not care for track 12 and a handful of others. Track 12 for starters has this harsh psy-hardcore sound. It's just very rough and unpleasent to listen to. It doesn't intrigue me mentally or appeal to my ears or taste. I like when this artist builds strong developed melody structures with feeling, ambient, atmosphere, etc.

Regardless, QUALITY over QUANTITY often takes place less when so much is produced in such a short period of time. The excellent and superb songs generally become fewer and further between when too much is produced because there's often rushing. This can happen to any artist fast if they get caught up in the moment due to success as if they'll be producing or somewhat famous in what they do forever. It's the great, excellent, and seriously amazing work that people remember you for, not how many albums and/or singles you release each year. Just look at S.U.N. Project for example. They released albums nearly back-to-back if I recall correctly for some time and the releases gradually became more rehashed and uninspired until it was more or less filler garbage. They didn't wait until they had a masterpiece, they (SUN Project that was once great in psytrance for psy with guitars) just kept on producing and producing like New-school Etnica and now Talamasca until the spirit and sound that had made their music so awesome was and is now lost.

The cover isn't bad it's nothing great. Whatever. I've seen worse. Naturally it's the music that counts but a cool cover is always nice.

What is wrong with being hyperproductive if you are making good music ? Everything that I have heard of him was more than good, I only found few tracks on compilations bland, but those 2 albums are very good, cyber full on psychedelic stuff and I still haven't heard his downtempo album. I quite like his wacko, deranged style, he has perfect production and lots of energy, it is more than satisfying that he makes more of such music than less. -_-

What is wrong with being hyperproductive if you are making good music ? Everything that I have heard of him was more than good, I only found few tracks on compilations bland, but those 2 albums are very good, cyber full on psychedelic stuff and I still haven't heard his downtempo album. I quite like his wacko, deranged style, he has perfect production and lots of energy, it is more than satisfying that he makes more of such music than less. -_-

^^ Agreed, very talented artist and although he is overproductive he still keeps a certain level quality ...

Le Tireur was one of the best 2006 psytrance releases & Subliminal Melancholies a very nice Downtempo/Chill/Ambient/IDM album that will never get boring no matter how many times it's played.

So, I hope his new output is worth as well.

RSPCT!

hi ..

hehe, sorry to be overproductive..

but releasing all the work done or not.. that would not change the point.

somehow it's not my fault that labels release it .. or ??

should i keep the tracks to not create an electrypnose overdose on the market ?

and maybe while producing, it goes a bit faster because i don't smoke a joint each half hour,

listening the whole track from the begining to see if i like.

or another secret .. hmm, customized cubase shortcuts :P

i don't know how this release will be received...

yeah, it goes from 131 bpm progressive, up to 156 fast fullonish .. with also a breakcore/chill track over 200.

with for example this very cheasy track "electro tonic" ... but it was kind of made to be cheasy.. and

was very much fun...

for sure, some people will say this track is just shit.. but some told me it's the best track they heard from me

and it's going to be a hit...

what shall i think.. i don't care i just had fun making a track.

yesterday i was working with friends on a hip-hop track.. and now i'll open the electro 128 bpm project i started few days ago.

well, sorry to spam the forums with promotional threads ...

i would just say.. if you don't like, don't buy nor copy the music ... and take a nap while i play at the party.

maybe i should hide some releases under other project names.

yeah, whatever ... this post was just to make some more blabla and say hello :)

ps :. yeah, the cover ... i'm not full happy with it either.. but was more a label decision

but some other pictures of the cd i find very cool.

Hello Electryp ! I am glad you spoke here and it is not by any means promotional thing.

I wish you good luck with this release as much as with further ones. :D

Give us more LEO ZITRONE, LE DRUIDE, LA SOURCE, RITUEL kind of stuff ! They are just mind blowing psychadelia ! :posford:

Guest The Journey Man Project

haven't got any of your works yet but am grabbing this for sure as well as the chillout album... the chilled track Magical Journey 2 was awesome :D And am looking forward to the album to hear an artist experiment a bit... most albums are boring as all hell as it is the same sound every track :( Good luck :)

Give us more LEO ZITRONE, LE DRUIDE, LA SOURCE, RITUEL kind of stuff ! They are just mind blowing psychadelia ! :posford:

And more superb, impressive downtempo tracks like Perce Oreille. :) It's just such a great song.

Tracks like Neverending Story and Tripad on the Subliminal Melancholies album were top notch, excellent too. When it comes to dark psytrance... some really engaging, driving, leading melodies cutting though all the cool stylish edit/mixing and melodic bits and supporting melodies. :)

Whats so bad about the cover ? i think its kinda cool :)

massive respect for electrypnose !! I will always hold him in very high regard irrespective of his overproductive skillz. hehe

hep ..

thanks.

i'll try in the future to keep myself away from the computer, ask my friends to go more often out to drink beers at the bar ..

so i will maybe succeed to produce less. I'll speak to my doctor as well to get some help about my addiction.

if you guys like "leo zitrone", "le druide" and the other tracks you mentionned like this..

just try to give a look to get the other tracks that have been produced around the same period of time ::

http://www.electrypnose.ch/MusicDownload.aspx

i suggest :

232 la fin du compte à rebours

231 hors de contrôle

269 entre 2 mondes v2

239 alcolemie v1 (another version than the one released on brain stretching)

(btw on this page, the first version of "electro tonic" .. the cheap e. e. e. electroo... one)

i just find all the old tracks have a lack of quality... it wouldn't fit a big soundsystem nowadays .. but for home/car/headphones listening,

it's all right :)

about "where do we go?"... i warn you about the total disorder of preview samples on psyshop... it's just all wrong !

check the arabesque page instead :: http://arabesque.co.uk//index.php?option=c...Itemid=99999999

regards.

vince

i just find all the old tracks have a lack of quality... it wouldn't fit a big soundsystem nowadays .. but for home/car/headphones listening,

it's all right :)

:o Are you insane ? Bad production ? For home listening ? Hah ! You are crazy man ! I understand that they might not sound as good produced tracks to you that produced them, but believe me, I played them on some parties and people WENT MAD, awesome sound, crystal clear production, I think that you are exaggerating... which is ok cause all producers must think of their production all the time... :D

hep ..

thanks.

i'll try in the future to keep myself away from the computer, ask my friends to go more often out to drink beers at the bar ..

so i will maybe succeed to produce less. I'll speak to my doctor as well to get some help about my addiction.

Don't try to fix yourself, its good to have some problems, no need for doctors! All they want is to normalize :P

the computer is your friend ^_^

Well good luck with it all, I hope to hear some new downbeat tracks from u too! I heard two tracks on the Where do we go? samples that sounded downbeat'ish, will there be more?

:)