Did artists produce better tracks for tantrance compilations?

radi6404

I just isten to some tantrance compilation and i think some artists did affort more to produce better tracks with higher quality for Tantrance compilations, for compilations in general but especially for Tantrance compilations i think, i just listened Transwave - Robostix and i must say it is one of their best tracks, this track sounds like typical authentic goa psychedelic trance, some of the tracks on their albums sound like just putted together to fil the discspace compared to this track imo, some not but some do IMO. the same is with doo - Let´s turn on, the Tantrance version of it is so much better, the original let´s turn on doesn´t give me any feelings like the tantrance Let´s turn on, the Tantrance Let´s turn on is rich of sounds and very melanchonic and it is better productionwise, the original is poor of sounds, with bad production quality IMO and with a lot of stuff and atmosphere missing, why is that? Some tracks are the same as on the cds´for example the Tantrance version of Astral Projection - Powergen.

Oh man! Hasn't that ever occurred to you that maybe the guy who was compiling the Tantrance comps had access (read: money) to more stuff and / or had better taste? :huh:

I just isten to some tantrance compilation and i think some artists did affort more to produce better tracks with higher quality for Tantrance compilations, for compilations in general but especially for Tantrance compilations i think, i just listened Transwave - Robostix and i must say it is one of their best tracks, this track sounds like typical authentic goa psychedelic trance, some of the tracks on their albums sound like just putted together to fil the discspace compared to this track imo, some not but some do IMO. the same is with doo - Let´s turn on, the Tantrance version of it is so much better, the original let´s turn on doesn´t give me any feelings like the tantrance Let´s turn on, the Tantrance Let´s turn on is rich of sounds and very melanchonic and it is better productionwise, the original is poor of sounds, with bad production quality IMO and with a lot of stuff and atmosphere missing, why is that? Some tracks are the same as on the cds´for example the Tantrance version of Astral Projection - Powergen.

This is as stupid as it gets, man.

1. Robostix also appeared on Transwave's 1995 EP, Hypnorhthm.

2. Astral Projection's Power Gen appeared on about 3(!!!) compilations before it came up on Tantrance, and in the exact same version as well.

3. All the tracks from the Tantrance series compilations were priorly recorded at artist's studios and home labels, so whoever compiled these compilations, only collected the tracks! Whoever compiled them DID NOT sign artists and neither did he master a single track. Whoever compiled them did not get exclusive, never heard before tracks from some artists...

4. Your statement is on the same level as saying that the Destination Goa compilations have better audio quality than Distance To Goa because artists tried harder to produce better tracks for the first one... Hello?!? What is wrong here? They are in 97% tracks previously released, produced and mastered for other albums, and label compilations (such as T.I.P.'s "Blue Compilation", "Orange Compilation" or Transient Records "Transient Dawn" or "Dance, trance and magic plants")and licenced to labels like Why Not? Records and Leguan, who then made these compilations... Snap out of it, yo!

Radi => Yasen?

:(

Yes it looks like it is radi...why did he change his name?

Anyway, the idea in this topic is cool, but I don't think artists

produced better tracks for the Trantrance series, in my opinion there is even

a lot of filler material on some of them (Destination Goa-fan n° 1)...

2. Astral Projection's Power Gen appeared on about 3(!!!) compilations before it came up on Tantrance, and in the exact same version as well.

3. All the tracks from the Tantrance series compilations were priorly recorded at artist's studios and home labels, so whoever compiled these compilations, only collected the tracks! Whoever compiled them DID NOT sign artists and neither did he master a single track. Whoever compiled them did not get exclusive, never heard before tracks from some artists...

4. Your statement is on the same level as saying that the Destination Goa compilations have better audio quality than Distance To Goa because artists tried harder to produce better tracks for the first one... Hello?!? What is wrong here? They are in 97% tracks previously released, produced and mastered for other albums, and label compilations (such as T.I.P.'s "Blue Compilation", "Orange Compilation" or Transient Records "Transient Dawn" or "Dance, trance and magic plants")and licenced to labels like Why Not? Records and Leguan, who then made these compilations... Snap out of it, yo!

Let me rip your statement apart a little bit.

1. No Comment ;)

2. Also no comment.

3. "Whoever compiled them" tells me that you dont KNOW who compiled them, so your statement is not valid (Do your homework!) :)

4. It is known that some labels used better pressing facilities than others. So, please dont act as if you know everything ;)

It is also POSSIBLE that the tracks were re-mastered for the particular release or not? DO YOU KNOW 100% sure?! (Since you dont even know who compiled them, im 100% sure you dont!).

So please... nah, just PLEASE!

Nemo

don´t be tat offensive i will be offensive to you with this bullshit.

the tantrance series were great though, up until part 9.

If I was making a compilation I would only put on my favourite tracks from each artists & I wouldn't bother with fillers. If you had the same taste in music as me, chances are you would think that these tracks were better than most others.

Radi, you obviously have similar taste to the compiler of the Tantrance series :)

Hes got a point though ;)

Really? Imho his only point is that the Tantrance comps fit his taste the best and that they are top notch. I don't know if the tracks were especially remastered for that series, it would be great of course and another point why those compilations stand out from the rest. But as rino mentioned (and I guess he was right, if not feel free to correct me) some (a lot?) of the tracks also got released on other compilations and were not exclusively produced for Tantrance. Means if you have enough money to invest you can get the best tracks.

Radi, he wasn't offensive he just said the truth.

Maybe your silly truth, but not the truth you fool. I said that i think the Tantrance compilations are of better quality because for example the Tantrance Let´s turn on version is better than the original version, for example there are also other compilations liek a taste of dragonfly which seem to have better versions of the tracks like the orignal ones, the doubledragons version of this compilation sounds better and more rich of sounds than the orignal version IMO.

Maybe your silly truth, but not the truth you fool. I said that i think the Tantrance compilations are of better quality because for example the Tantrance Let´s turn on version is better than the original version, for example there are also other compilations liek a taste of dragonfly which seem to have better versions of the tracks like the orignal ones, the doubledragons version of this compilation sounds better and more rich of sounds than the orignal version IMO.

You are offensive mr. Radi .. Why's that?

Really? Imho his only point is that the Tantrance comps fit his taste the best and that they are top notch. I don't know if the tracks were especially remastered for that series, it would be great of course and another point why those compilations stand out from the rest. But as rino mentioned (and I guess he was right, if not feel free to correct me) some (a lot?) of the tracks also got released on other compilations and were not exclusively produced for Tantrance. Means if you have enough money to invest you can get the best tracks.

read my post again above please :)

read my post again above please :)

Why? You said only "no comment" about point one and two so I guess you have to explain me. Btw I'm not saying the compilations are bad (the opposite is true as far as I can tell), I just doubt all the tracks were only produced for those comps. And as I've said above: if I'm wrong feel free to correct me! :)

Radi, he wasn't offensive he just said the truth.

if you want to make a point, or want to present your facts, do it in a nice manner without telling someone that its stupid, and to snap out of it. You can also in a very polite way say the above things, cant you?! And above that, mr. Rino wassnt 100% with his "Facts", so why should he put his thumb upon radi and tell him that HIS "facts" were wrong?!

so yeah, by saying that he said the truth, you agree with that his post was stupid and that he should snap out of it, y0! ;)

if you want to make a point, or want to present your facts, do it in a nice manner without telling someone that its stupid, and to snap out of it. You can also in a very polite way say the above things, cant you?! And above that, mr. Rino wassnt 100% with his "Facts", so why should he put his thumb upon radi and tell him that HIS "facts" were wrong?!

so yeah, by saying that he said the truth, you agree with that his post was stupid and that he should snap out of it, y0! ;)

Well, 1. , 2. & 4. are absolutely right. I also see you posted "No Comment" @ points 1 & 2 made by reno...

Anyways... BLAH

Let me disekt Radis post:

I just isten to some tantrance compilation and i think some artists did affort more to produce better tracks with higher quality for Tantrance compilations, for compilations in general but especially for Tantrance compilations i think

Maybe wrong put, but I get the impression that he is talking about the sound quality of the track on this compilation is better than the original released on another compilation or album/single.

This said, it might as well be that they were remastered/remixed for this purpose. He does also imply other compilations, but in this case for the tan trance one.

i just listened Transwave - Robostix and i must say it is one of their best tracks, this track sounds like typical authentic goa psychedelic trance, some of the tracks on their albums sound like just putted together to fil the discspace compared to this track imo, some not but some do IMO. the same is with doo - Let´s turn on, the Tantrance version of it is so much better, the original let´s turn on doesn´t give me any feelings like the tantrance Let´s turn on, the Tantrance Let´s turn on is rich of sounds and very melanchonic and it is better productionwise, the original is poor of sounds

did you guys listen and compare to come to the conclusion that he is wrong with his statement?!

, with bad production quality IMO and with a lot of stuff and atmosphere missing, why is that? Some tracks are the same as on the cds´for example the Tantrance version of Astral Projection - Powergen.

And here comes the question, he ASKS why is it that the sound of production sounds higher than on other compilations or albums.

Oh, and I used www.radi-to-psynewstalk-babelfish.com :)