Shpongle Live has been cancelled

yohankiwi

I really hope if OTT plays live then he plays some blumenkraft stuff too. As much as i love hallucinogen in dub i would have to say blumenkraft is my favourite out of the two

Yeah indeed, when I heard him he played both tracks of blumenkraft, hallucinogen In Dub and a lot of others released and unrelesased stuff.... imo the unreleased stuff was best since it was a first time experince then :P and it was fat tracks!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd rather Simon spent more time on his 3rd solo album instead of Shpongle's 4th...

But probably that's just me & Radi6404 :)

A 3rd hallucinogen album is too risky as it's only going to get slated for not being as good as the other 2.

Shpongle 3 already took a new direction so a 4th is safer.

A 3rd hallucinogen album is too risky as it's only going to get slated for not being as good as the other 2.

That's quite true, but there's still some hope in me that Twisted's looking for more than just sales...

Besides, whether people will moan about it being inferior to Twisted & TLD or not is irrelevant, because they'd buy it anyway, just to have that "new Hallucinogen CD" that everyone's raving about :)

That's quite true, but there's still some hope in me that Twisted's looking for more than just sales...

Besides, whether people will moan about it being inferior to Twisted & TLD or not is irrelevant, because they'd buy it anyway, just to have that "new Hallucinogen CD" that everyone's raving about :)

Then maybe Simon is thinking of more than sales :o

He might not want to release an album that sullies the Hallucinogen name like Pleiadians did!

I thinking that a new hallucinogen album is really good. compilation tracks recent have been not good :( demo I sure that making a album simon has making the true album that is good. Not like pleiadians wasn't :(

The 3rd will come.. someday. I'm sure Simon has already crafted a few tracks for it as well. Hell perhaps the album has been "a side project" for years already.. fine tuning, adding.. someday :)

Maybe he wants to have no hype surrounding it so one day it will just be there and everyone will be surprised :o

You know what I want? A Shpongle-Ott collaboration album. No remixes, but entirely new tunes.

I'd prefer that over a solo Shpongle effort, even though a fourth Shpongle will most likely be very good.

I remember when OTT - Hallucinogen in Dub came out some people called for OTT to join Shpongle! That would be great seeing as OTT is even better IMO than shpongle :)

Simon Poford in fact did announce a third Hallucinogen album, for as he told, he always imagined the Hallucinogen story to be crafted as a trilogoy. But he also stated that after three Shpongle albums, which persued no rules and broke many musical genres and boundries, that he just finds it hard to go to his Hallucinogen persona, which is somewhat more confined in the whole psy trance genre. But, as some users already stated above, it is after all Twisted Records, so I'm taking nothing for granted here. I'll just go with the flow and see what time brings...

Then maybe Simon is thinking of more than sales :o

He might not want to release an album that sullies the Hallucinogen name like Pleiadians did!

Speaking of sales, this is the quote I found while ago on Simon's blog. I cannot, however, guarantee its credibility, nor can I be 100% sure if in fact he wrote it, but here it is:

Sorry to seem like such a total whore.... but after 12 years of virtually no recognition whatsoever by the mainstream media, i am asking my friends and fans who have ever enjoyed a hallucinogen set, or a shpongle set to please do something in return, and vote for me (as 'simon posford' rather than hallucinogen, or shpongle, or younger brother)... maybe i will finally make it into the top 10,000 instead of being behind every trance act ever! hehe

i hate these event invitations too...i don't even know if the one i sent out worked or not... if it did, i am sorry about that... but please show your support if you have enjoyed my music ! (especially if u have downloaded it... then you need to vote for me in positions 1,2,3,4,and 5 to ease your bad karma! hehe)

love

simon

I just have to comment your remark about the latest Pleiadians release. While they are my all time favorite project, and immediately after them their Etnica project, I have to admit that after hearing their post year 1999 output, I expected a much worse album. Knowing that they have been lacking two members for over 7 years now, I actually though of 7even Sister7 as a quite refreshing release. I don't think there was anybody out there who expected anything as nearly as ground breaking as I.F.O. or Family Of Light. But after their annoying, monotonous, techno influenced and minimal production output during the last years, I though of this to be a cool release. Not that it is spectacular, but it stays pretty far awy from every day, formulaic and cheap full on. Nothing to brag about, but I dare say it is more than a welcome comeback! Even though, naturally, I felt as well that the Pleiadians name should have been just left alone in the Trance Hall Of Fame, where it well deservedly belongs!

I remember when OTT - Hallucinogen in Dub came out some people called for OTT to join Shpongle! That would be great seeing as OTT is even better IMO than shpongle :)

I'm not usually that much in the whole downtempo/dub/chill or however you wanna call it scene, but I just wanna state that I would have probably never begun listening to that type of music if it wasn't for Shpongle! So they always hold a very special place! Their first two albums are amazing. As for Ott, I find his remixed album of Hallucinogen tracks an excellent release, but I don't like his album. Not that I think it sucks, I guess I just find it to be a nice downtempo album, but nothing worth bragging about. It just bores me. But saying Ott is better than Shpongle? Hello!?!? The whole genre of chill out music should fall on their knees in fron of Simon & Raja in order to thank them for the immense contribution they made to it!!!

I'm not usually that much in the whole downtempo/dub/chill or however you wanna call it scene, but I just wanna state that I would have probably never begun listening to that type of music if it wasn't for Shpongle! So they always hold a very special place! Their first two albums are amazing. As for Ott, I find his remixed album of Hallucinogen tracks an excellent release, but I don't like his album. Not that I think it sucks, I guess I just find it to be a nice downtempo album, but nothing worth bragging about. It just bores me. But saying Ott is better than Shpongle? Hello!?!? The whole genre of chill out music should fall on their knees in fron of Simon & Raja in order to thank them for the immense contribution they made to it!!!

Hehehe!

I really didn't like OTT - Blumenkraft when I first heard it but it grew on me

It grew, grew grew & grew. Grew up to be a boy called brian!

So why did Raja leave Shpongle?

Because they said, stated, wrote and announced ssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooo many times all over the place that Nothing Lasts, But Nothing Is Lost would be the last we hear from Shpongle.

I also think they had started running out of Shpongle ideas after their 1st album.

haha, my thoughts exactly. you guys realize Raja is 67 years old? I think its Raja who ran out of ideas after the first album.

A different project with Ott and Simon would be awesome. Ott is almost on simons level of musicallity, that would make for some very interesting music.

haha, my thoughts exactly. you guys realize Raja is 67 years old? I think its Raja who ran out of ideas after the first album.

A different project with Ott and Simon would be awesome. Ott is almost on simons level of musicallity, that would make for some very interesting music.

Yes, I am very well aware of Raja Ram's age, but you also have to understand that the vast majority (well over 85%) of production, sampling, programming and arranging was done by Simon Posford. Raja's biggest contribution to those albums was his flute playing. I remember when I saw (for the first and last time Shpongle live), Simon did all the "playing", while Raja jumped around the stage, with his flute, as wasted as one can be... We all know who the creative genius behind the Shpongle albums (especially the first two) is.

Ott & Simon would undoubtely be an interesting combination, but stating that Ott is on Posford's level of musicality is redundant. Think before you write, please ;) . I mean, let me use this as an example, I don't usually like Prometheus, but when he works with Simon on the Younger Brother project, the outcome is outstanding. I wonder who wouldn't sound amazing when Simon Posford is the man sitting by you in the studio.

Ott & Simon would undoubtely be an interesting combination, but stating that Ott is on Posford's level of musicality is redundant. Think before you write, please ;) . I mean, let me use this as an example, I don't usually like Prometheus, but when he works with Simon on the Younger Brother project, the outcome is outstanding. I wonder who wouldn't sound amazing when Simon Posford is the man sitting by you in the studio.

They have released some tracks together under the project name Gargoyles! Very nice and dubby tracks!

Friday 25th May 2007

Twisted LIVE in Concert

Simon Posford - Shpongle DJ set

Younger Brother LIVE - (Album Launch)

Hallucinogen in DUB - LIVE

Ott - LIVE (2nd Album Preview)

Prometheus - LIVE

Koxbox - LIVE (new material)

Eat Static - LIVE

For more info please paste this link to our forum into your browser:

http://twisted.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t...3d0f90225e61a93

We are pleased to announce a new Twisted Label Party Project!

We have secured the Brixton Academy for the third in the latest series of Twisted Label parties. With a dancefloor size of 3500 including a huge seated gallery area, this will allow you all to see the treats we have in store. Even if you are exhausted and need to go and sit down, you don't have to miss a thing! Our goal is to create a better environment with each party. A more comfortable, cosy and impressive place to party, somewhere you can get truly twisted.

We want to get a true concert vibe going. A main floor with a custom sound system, engineered by the best for maximum brain cell reconfiguration! With the last two parties being almost indoor festivals, spread out over several rooms and with the energy spread out also, this party is going to be much more focused on the old school live psychedelic performances with musicians, that can be shared by the collective party consciousness. Think Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Grateful Dead and Phish. Our contribution to this chain of greats will be a unique set from Hallucinogen in Dub, with Ott and Simon Posford on Guitars and Effects with the legendary Youth on the Bass. One day in the future it will be the full Shpongle work out but not this time.

There will also be an alternative back room of 500 capacity which will be housing some alternative beats and breaks and we are going to make this into a beautiful chill out area for your audio visual pleasure. We will of course be creating a unique custom-made decorative environment using cutting edge technology within the whole of this venue.

More info coming soon!

Friday 25th May 2007

Twisted LIVE in Concert

Prometheus - LIVE

Eat Static - LIVE

For more info please paste this link to our forum into your browser:

http://twisted.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t...3d0f90225e61a93

We are pleased to announce a new Twisted Label Party Project!

We have secured the Brixton Academy for the third in the latest series of Twisted Label parties. With a dancefloor size of 3500 including a huge seated gallery area, this will allow you all to see the treats we have in store. Even if you are exhausted and need to go and sit down, you don't have to miss a thing! Our goal is to create a better environment with each party. A more comfortable, cosy and impressive place to party, somewhere you can get truly twisted.

We want to get a true concert vibe going. A main floor with a custom sound system, engineered by the best for maximum brain cell reconfiguration! With the last two parties being almost indoor festivals, spread out over several rooms and with the energy spread out also, this party is going to be much more focused on the old school live psychedelic performances with musicians, that can be shared by the collective party consciousness. Think Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Grateful Dead and Phish. Our contribution to this chain of greats will be a unique set from Hallucinogen in Dub, with Ott and Simon Posford on Guitars and Effects with the legendary Youth on the Bass. One day in the future it will be the full Shpongle work out but not this time.

There will also be an alternative back room of 500 capacity which will be housing some alternative beats and breaks and we are going to make this into a beautiful chill out area for your audio visual pleasure. We will of course be creating a unique custom-made decorative environment using cutting edge technology within the whole of this venue.

More info coming soon!

well bugger me with a fish fork :(

if only I could attend. which I can't.

if any of you pieheads are going.. I bet it'll be fantastic - what a line-up

Because they said, stated, wrote and announced ssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooo many times all over the place that Nothing Lasts, But Nothing Is Lost would be the last we hear from Shpongle.

Erm.... either this or that Raja didn't add a significant deal of music into Shpongle?

It's simpler to say so :rolleyes:

Just got the email for this and my holy god, what an awesome line up. This will be even better than shpongle live. I'm so fucking excited, especially as i missed just about every one of them at the last twisted party due to spending most of the night in the goa/tribe of frog room and not realising how fast time went by... :rolleyes: Let's get those tickets on sale!!

Who's gonna come then?

Friday 25th May 2007

Twisted LIVE in Concert

Prometheus - LIVE

Eat Static - LIVE

Posted Image

sad to hear about the live..

but does anyone know, what happened to the shpongle box set?? i have'nt heared of it since that they wanted to launch it last year.. and i'm looking forward to hear these ureleased tracks that the extra cd should contain.. or will they just put them to their new album then? anyone knows something?

Aforth shpongle would be great but a forth hallucinogen album would be the killargh, something more uplifting, i would love 8 tracks in the style and melodies of space pussy, it would be jsut too amazing