Shulman - Endless Rhythms of the Beatless Heart

Was sent this info from aleph zero

The new Shulman album is ready- the name is "Endless Rhythms of the Beatless Heart"- and it is a challenging musical journey as only Shulman can deliver! We can promise you it is as groundbreaking as the previous Shulman albums were when they were first released. The tracks are now getting the last tweaks and the cover is being conceived already, so you can expect it early next year.

I'm looking forward to a proper album from Shulman. The last on was okay but lacked direction (Obviously) but this sounds more promising!

Yah I'm a little skeptical of Shulman these days - I loved "In Search of..." but the last psuedo-album seemed like there wasn't too much inspiration...

Felt the same way about the last Bluetech album - hopefully Aleph Zero isn't going down the pooper...

Yah I'm a little skeptical of Shulman these days - I loved "In Search of..." but the last psuedo-album seemed like there wasn't too much inspiration...

Felt the same way about the last Bluetech album - hopefully Aleph Zero isn't going down the pooper...

The last shulman album wasn't really an album just a collection of random tracks, as it said! I have higher hopes for this one!!

The last shulman album wasn't really an album just a collection of random tracks, as it said! I have higher hopes for this one!!

+1. I actually liked the third 'collection' although many of the tracks have been released already.

• 7 months later...

some new news

Shulman- Endless Rhythms of the Beatless Heart- new album- out Oct. 15th! (about time :P)

At long last it is here- Shulman's much awaited fourth album- "Endless Rhythms of the Beatless Heart"! After establishing themselves as a leading group in the downtempo electronica world and defying genre definitions, the Shulman duo take the next step and deliver an album, which we at Aleph Zero feel we can honestly say is going to revolutionize the electronic music world.

"Endless Rhythms of the Beatless Heart" offers a combination of electronic and acoustic music that creates something never before heard. Using their unrivaled mastery of sonic manipulation and hosting an impressive cast of highly skilled musicians, playing a vast array of musical instruments from east and west, Shulman manage to construct a musical journey the likes of you've never encountered before.

With this album Shulman once again succeed in building a musical bridge between East and West, Classic and Contemporary, Past and Future. Blending revolutionary hi-tech sounds, classical Indian, Arab & Greek music, Contemporary Jazz and much more, they weave a complex and detailed musical pattern that rests upon the world around us and adds to it an infinite depth and a magical halo.

ok now

lets hope they dont release like twisted

October 15th is not far away

I hope its a much better effort than the track on the last aleph zero compilation

I love shulmans earlier work, and I believe they can push some boundaries, lets wait and hear :)

Ah, but that was a collaboration with ishq a very ambient artist so it might not have been to your liking or what you were expecting.

I'm sure his solo stuff will be more upbeat!

Actually I do enjoy very ambient albums

but its a very interesting genre, very hard to accomplish good ambient albums (tracks alone are incoherent in a way in this genre)

so far from the psyside of things only solar fields and cbl along matt hillier satisfy me going into ambient

the upbeat and playful stuff on the other hand that defies genres, like Shulman themselves

are good at what they re doing, and I prefer to hear them to do what they re good at

They re kinda limited in their unlimited genre, they can pay along everything, go jazz, back to indian music then turn into drum n bass but still it s actually their music.

I dont know if I can communicate what I try to say but its an interesting paradox really. They re good at what they re doing which seem unlimited but not good at quality ambient, or quality drum n bass. They re doing an eclectic music, and doing it with a heavy dose of psychedelia and I love it, and that psychedelia element makes them free to experiment, and this eclectism maybe lets them not to cover the whole bases of the genres they re playing along. This is not something bad by the way... at the end its the music I love to listen :)

Unsure what to make of the news. The last album, Entheogenic, was so devoid of passion, direction and soul and so blatantly hurriedly released to cash-in on the success of the brilliant "In Search of.." that it left a very bitter taste in my mouth that has yet to subside and tarnished most the respect I had for the guy.

Hi all,

Thanks for all your comments- we really appreciate it and try to follow and read your thoughts.

Unsure what to make of the news. The last album, Entheogenic, was so devoid of passion, direction and soul and so blatantly hurriedly released to cash-in on the success of the brilliant "In Search of.." that it left a very bitter taste in my mouth that has yet to subside and tarnished most the respect I had for the guy.

Well Charlie,

I won't of course say anything about your opinion about the music itself of Shulman's last album, I totally respect it, and we will take it into consideration and hope to get better from it, as we try to do with all responses we get from people who listen to our music and comment.

However a few objective facts I can and want to comment on:

1. Shulman's last album was called "Random Thoughts" and not Entheogenic.

2. As the name suggests (on purpose), as it is written on the album's cover and in the release notes, and as Abasio kindly explained it was not really an artist album per se, but more of an artist compilation that collected different projects of various nature together. Experimental stuff, remixes, one time collaborations etc. There is no direction on purpose- it's Random Thoughts.

3. Shulman wanted to share that music with their fans, and from most of the comments we got and from sales, they were pretty happy with it. You have to remember that a lot of Aleph Zero listeners are not trance people who follow every single release and most of them were not aware of the remixes, for example.

Hope you like the new album. I personally think it is revolutionary, as I wrote in the release notes, but I might be biased.

Cheers & have a great weekend, all!

Shahar @ Aleph Zero.

Random Thoughts was random indeed. It lacked flow, but all tracks are quite good, I have to say and I'm sure they'd work wonderfully in chill sets.

We expected it to be just like the previous Shulman albums with a story behind it.

Anyway, looking forward to the next one. I like Aleph Zero's approach, just like Native State's in evolving their sound, trying something different to all this standart chill/ethno-stuff that we've heard billion of times before.

15 October?

Well Charlie,

I won't of course say anything about your opinion about the music itself of Shulman's last album, I totally respect it, and we will take it into consideration and hope to get better from it, as we try to do with all responses we get from people who listen to our music and comment.

However a few objective facts I can and want to comment on:

1. Shulman's last album was called "Random Thoughts" and not Entheogenic.

2. As the name suggests (on purpose), as it is written on the album's cover and in the release notes, and as Abasio kindly explained it was not really an artist album per se, but more of an artist compilation that collected different projects of various nature together. Experimental stuff, remixes, one time collaborations etc. There is no direction on purpose- it's Random Thoughts.

3. Shulman wanted to share that music with their fans, and from most of the comments we got and from sales, they were pretty happy with it. You have to remember that a lot of Aleph Zero listeners are not trance people who follow every single release and most of them were not aware of the remixes, for example.

Hope you like the new album. I personally think it is revolutionary, as I wrote in the release notes, but I might be biased.

Cheers & have a great weekend, all!

Shahar @ Aleph Zero.

Sorry, I got mixed up regarding the names of the albums. I'm pleased to hear you consider new album revolutionary because, as previously stated, 'In Search Of..' is a stunning album and there's no question he's a talented musician. With that in mind I look forward to, hopefully, having my faith restored.

In search of.. is one of my all time fav albums but man, some tracks on Random Thoughts, Zero Degrees and Midnight Bloom for example, have grown so much on me, absolutly love them. Really looking forward to the new album ofc, great news :D

• 1 month later...

psyshop now has the samples

go and check them out

its hard to believe its a 80kbps mp3, the production seems top notch

music sounds more mature and more ethnic influenced

I was hoping for a mushroom therapy kind a track

but maybe samples do not provide it :) will be happy to buy this one

"Soundscapes..." is one of my favourite ambient albums ever.

"In search ..." was very good too, and "Random Thoughts" was.... random...?!

;)

The new samples sound really interesting, but a little more ethnic than i expected.

I think 7th track "Mia nihta mono den ftani" is a remix of a greek song....?

I don't get it...

:huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Let's make it official- release next week, already available for presale....

Shulman- Endless Rhythms of the Beatless Heart (AlephZ08)

Posted Image

Release Date: October 15th, 2007

At long last it is here- Shulman's much awaited fourth album- "Endless Rhythms of the Beatless Heart"! After establishing themselves as a leading group in the downtempo electronica world and defying genre definitions, the Shulman duo take the next step and deliver an album, which we at Aleph Zero feel we can honestly say is going to revolutionize the electronic music world.

"Endless Rhythms of the Beatless Heart" comes after 4 years of hard work and offers a combination of electronic and acoustic music that creates something never before heard. Using their unrivaled mastery of sonic manipulation and hosting an impressive cast of highly skilled musicians, playing a vast array of musical instruments from east and west, Shulman manage to construct a musical journey the likes of you've never encountered before.

With this album Shulman once again succeed in building a musical bridge between East and West, Classic and Contemporary, Past and Future. Blending revolutionary hi-tech sounds, classical Indian, Arab & Greek music, Contemporary Jazz and much more, they weave a complex and detailed musical pattern that rests upon the world around us and adds to it an infinite depth and a magical halo.

Track list:

1. Retroscape

2. Transmissions in Bloom

3. Odd Reflections

4. One Step Closer

5. After Silence

6. Invention

7. Mia Nihta Mono Den Ftani

8. Eternal Bliss of the Grateful Souls

Release page is here: http://www.aleph-zero.info/AlephZ08release.html

It is available online at:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/shulmanmusic4 (USA & Canada)

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ale/ale1cd008.html (Europe)

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=6819 (Japan, Asia & Australia)

http://techno.to/detail/coming.php?cat_no=ALEPHZ08 (Japan)

http://www.backroadsmusic.com/index.php?p=...&aID=140020 (USA & Canada)

iTunes link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...istId=264947972

And also through Aleph Zero: http://www.aleph-zero.info/shop.html

In addition beautiful high quality print posters are available here: http://www.aleph-zero.info/shopp.html