Worse releases in 2006

Guest Elysium

Guest Elysium

To counterbalance the other best of 2006 thread it's only fair to also mention the bad (in your opinion) releases of 2006.

I will also post my favorites in the other thread in the end of the year. So dont get started ;)

I can say that 2006 so far had an overflow of mediocre or downright very dissapointing releases in almost all genres. Since this is a psy/goa forum I will focus on this genre (admit it... 99% are not into progressive house/trance here so it's a waste of time hehe).

Kox Box. What a shame and pity. When I last spoke to Frank he told me he was working to break the boring Fullon trend and had something very new up the sleeves. Then he moved to Ibiza and I guess living next door to GMS, Dado etc. has not improved anything. On the contrary it has infected him with a deadly doze of fullon kilarghhh kik's and bassline and fast BPM's. As I said what a shame. If it had not been for Ian's contribution on the last 3 tracks (still to damn fast guys) then I am sure it would have been yet another 100% fullon Ibiza power CD with a little drop of something that once used to be good.

MFG. Please no more religious releases thank you. It seem to me that almost every comeback these days have seen the killarghhh "light" and jump for the mighty Dollar sign. I really got nothing more to comment on this one. Horrible release that will soon be forgotten in the sea of hit and run releases.

Yes there's so many other poor releases but to be honest i can't even remember them anymore. Guess they were THAT bad ;)

PS! I can't wait till Transwave release their new CD (if ever?). But I do not expect much. In fact I expect yet another kilarghhh inspired CD. Maybe with some melodies. Ibiza style all the way!

I agree about a lot of mediocre or bad releaseas in any psy genre (full-on, prog, whatever) but I wasn't especially disappointed with something I've bought so far (means I only bought good releases and the rest is out of my mind ;) )

Guest Elysium

Koxbox album is very boring yeah but I'd hardly call it one of the worst releases of the year..

620848[/snapback]

That's why I made sure to write (in your opinion) in the start of my 1st post ;)

I haven't bought any 2006 releases... saw a few live acts this summer though, and i've been disappointed by Deedrah. Silicon Sound was a surprise, he did half full om, half progressive, so he made us all curious. :)

I agree about MFG but personally disagree about Koxbox

Kox Box. What a shame and pity. When I last spoke to Frank he told me he was working to break the boring Fullon trend and had something very new up the sleeves. Then he moved to Ibiza and I guess living next door to GMS, Dado etc. has not improved anything. On the contrary it has infected him with a deadly doze of fullon kilarghhh kik's and bassline and fast BPM's

I don't know but I wouldn't even call it fullon, a lot of tracks are closer to techno structure , on just 1-2 tracks you could maybe say there are fullon elements.

It's some nice psy with techno influences [or techno with psychedelic influences]

imo...

I don't buy and tend to avoid putting energy (once hearing samples) into bad releases.

UPDATE:

Based on samples, Electric Universe sucked.

Not sure if it's the worst but the most dissapointing piece of crap had to be Electric Universe - Vomit in Action! The track the Bomb had to be the worst track I've ever heard. Some tracks were okay, some were garbage but that track was pure hell to sit through :angry:

Guest Rezwalker

Space tribe vs electric universe-ESP (gms dogma-stupid & boring basslines, non-inspired melodies, maded just for bookings part 1)

Oforia-inner twist (crap and labels rules dogma)

MFG-message from god (except the killer track "the world is a narrow bridge)(cheesy israeli fullon+labels rulez)

Koxbox-u-turn (recycle bin)

Ka-sol-Fairytale (goa elements and forest its not possible to married)

Electric universe-silence in action (gms dogma stupid & boring basslines, non-inspired melodies, maded just for bookings, part 2)

I've been abstaining from getting much Psy Trance releases lately and i am really glad i did it. There were few albums that were too hyped here or isratrance and i've unfortunatelly checked are:

Ka-Sol (probably the winner in the "non-sense psy trance" category this year)

Protocutlure (the winner in the fastest decline from being a big promise to being the biggest cheese connoisseur)

And there were lots of really bad albums that i've had the fortune of forgetting.

I haven't bought any stinkers myself this year, since I tend to listen to clips on saikosounds a fair bit before buying stuff, but based on reputation this must qualify for a "worst of 2006" list:

The Next Generation

621058[/snapback]

dont have time to listen to those sample atm but track names could be more variable :lol:

05. DNA - Sound Blaster

06. Stereotype - Stereo Blaster