Ocelot - Dream Selector

Trolsk

Remember Ocelot's ultra weird Vector Selector album from last year? Forget about that. In his new album the weirdness has been toned down (it's still there) and the melodies (yes, melodies) are the main attraction! I guess it would not be an exaggeration to say it's a flashback to old times:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=6048

Ocelot rules. I've been eagerly awaiting this album. He's one producer who imo hasnt produced a single mediocre tune. Most his tracks are standouts in compilations. The guy can trick minds with his sorcery. And this album contains melodies!! Can you imagine the lethal concoction that awaits us ??? :D

Good luck to vertigo crew on this ...boom on ya :)

I've heard the previews and was deeply dissapointed. His previous album was a shining beacon in the nonsense sounds dark psy genre.

615041[/snapback]

His previous album is indeed great, but I'm glad he decided to try something different. I would not have bought another Ocelot album if he had stuck to the same sound. A related example is Penta, his debut was great but the second album was just more of the same and I can't be bothered with that. Ocelot's new direction seems fresh and interesting to me. There's still the Ocelot weirdness in the music, but this time with melodies, a winning combination if you ask me.

My opinion may change when I've heard the full album, but so far, the samples have cought my attention.

I was waiting for someone to post this topic...

Ocelot's been one of my favorites recently and I was a bit surprised by the change in direction for him. Melody in dark(er) psy is for sure not a bad thing! A few of the samples sounded a bit cheesed out tho. Regardless, I purchased it.

the samples on psyshop really did'nt turn me on... but thats only samples I know... I normally really likes what he makes, but I'm not buying yet, the samples scared me a bit off I have to saY!

615198[/snapback]

listen to them on saiko sounds instead ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I heard this cd yesterday and I don't really know what to think.I don't really recognized the old Ocelot, imo it's not bad at all , just strange to hear how they took a new direction, I had the same thing with Para Halu - The World of Peace.

This one is like more funky then the older Ocelot sound.

I need to hear it again. :)