Koxbox - U-Turn

abasio

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever doesnt think this albums sound kicks ass needs to open their fucking ears!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is PSYTRANCE at some of its purest levels. This is not an opinion, it is a fact. Im very close minded on this matter. Just act like you dont know who produced the album and dont assume anything. Listen to it again. Any true lover of pure psychedelic music that doesnt conform to any standards, while still hitting hard with a level of flow and chaos at the same time will and should love this release. This shit just keeps going off!!! I reccomend a listen with a good sound system to grasp and understand the full effect and various elements that were crafted to produce this monster of concepts.

Whoever doesnt think this albums sound kicks ass needs to open their fucking ears!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is PSYTRANCE at some of its purest levels. This is not an opinion, it is a fact. Im very close minded on this matter. Just act like you dont know who produced the album and dont assume anything. Listen to it again. Any true lover of pure psychedelic music that doesnt conform to any standards, while still hitting hard with a level of flow and chaos at the same time will and should love this release. This shit just keeps going off!!! I reccomend a listen with a good sound system to grasp and understand the full effect and various elements that were crafted to produce this monster of concepts.

Opinion is fact?

at least you admit it :lol:

Almost exactly what I said in my review ;)

• 2 weeks later...

KoxBox is an exceptional project. Their music influenced all my life since i was 11. My first ever trance tape was their Forever After album... and my mind opened. From there i began to gather more and more music in the same direction. Of course i found Astral Projection - but who didn't? Anyway i now listen to this piece and i find it very enjoyable. FrankE and IanIon didn't lose the feeling - they moved even further. U-Turn now is one of my 10 favourite albums of all. Each and every track is ACE.

• 9 months later...

Okey, I have listened to this album enough now, to make have an honest opinion about it. This is one of the best full on releases I have heard this year. It is also one of the best Techno releases this year. Furthermore, its the best trance album released this year. I love every single track on it. Its not Koxbox oldschool style, but you can hear Frank in it.... Frank is still the man for me!

You hear those squelchy wet acid sounds?! Thats KOXBOX right there for you... Its The signature. I love his new sound! So, did I say that I think its the best Psychedelic release this year as well?! No I guess not.

I will do a track by track review later maybe, but for now, its simply going to be

11/10 the extra point for being an old man with long hair showing the kids how to fucking play ball! :D

There is not one single squelcy, wet acid sound in this album (and I haven't heard one of those in any Koxbox track ever, having heard most of their stuff).

But there is some good music.

• 3 months later...

KoxBox is an exceptional project. Their music influenced all my life since i was 11. My first ever trance tape was their Forever After album... and my mind opened. From there i began to gather more and more music in the same direction. Of course i found Astral Projection - but who didn't? Anyway i now listen to this piece and i find it very enjoyable. FrankE and IanIon didn't lose the feeling - they moved even further. U-Turn now is one of my 10 favourite albums of all. Each and every track is ACE.

could not have put it better my se;lf :posford:

this album rocks