Pleiadians - 7even Sister7

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if this third album does justice to the name. At least the cover design echoes reminescent imagery of previous great works. Never judge a book by its cover I've learned.

My thoughts are this: Filteria created some superb songs in their style with Sky Imput and Heliopolis. Why can't they?

I always wondered if they heard Sky Imput and if it would awaken that inner energy/creativity inside them which seemed shut off since Headspin and Meter impressed almost everyone years back. But then I figured that Head Spin was probably more crafted by the other two artists in the group who now left because they have a life. Oops, I mean because Pleiads songs since 2000 have have paled in comparison to their first two albums and Crop Circles songs.

If two of the Pleiadian artists left the group years back...they still have half the people who made great tunes before. But these people have not impressed me once since F.O.L. My wish is that they'd all reunite for a final Pleiadians album that just blows everyone away. Yeah right that will happen. Will it be a differenct type of style other than their releases on comps over the last 5 or so years?, cause those comp songs don't sound anywhere near the intricate, elaborate style I loved from their first two albums, especially I.F.O.

I sense disappointment. Virtually all tracks they've made on comps over the past 7 years have not been good.

It's a shame, but seems like most psytrance artists get worse as they go on - I'm not optimistic about the new Pleiadians album...

Why do psytrance artists follow the times anyway? Why would everyone want to produce a full-on album just because that's what's popular - you would think in this genre it'd be all about creating something original...

I'd be most excited about a Hallucinogen 3 I think - Posford seems to still have it, can't imagine him putting something lame or generic out...

I wonder which direction Infected Mushroom will go in? I'm encouraged that they've waited quite awhile to release another album...

I'd be most excited about a Hallucinogen 3 I think - Posford seems to still have it, can't imagine him putting something lame or generic out...

610254[/snapback]

Is it even official that he's doing a Hallucinogen 3?? That's been a rumor since a year or two after The Lone Deranger released.

The reason why he wouldn't put together something lame or generic is because, unlike Pleiadians who's group split long ago (they already smeared it by continuing the name on weak songs) Simon IS Hallucinogen. After FOL, Pleiads began to sound like a totally different group to me. It was as if they simply used the name for name recognition, to make more cash. In doing so...they lost alot of fans and support and gained some general newbies. Regardless Simon is aware enough to know the ramifications if he messed up his name. I too doubt he'd think of taking a chance using the legendary name if a third album wasn't going to be groundbreaking/amazing. Maybe he wants to leave the name in glory, as he left it with The Lone Deranger. In doing that, almost everyones memories of him are prestine or near perfect.

I wonder which direction Infected Mushroom will go in?  I'm encouraged that they've waited quite awhile to release another album...

610254[/snapback]

They've already chosen to do the boy band sell-out thing, proving it with several terrible songs on IM the Supervisor, the ones without the female vocals.

Maybe they'll get Britney Spears to make a cameo on the next one just to top things off. :D

i think people have all these expectations about new material from known acts. And some people wait for the old sound, some people hope it will evolve, some other ones hope it's something in between but not quite what they are doing. And at the end of the day, the only thing that's certain is that somebody is not going to like it, given their rigid concept of what is they should be doing. I guess quality permeates.

Some other artists were great at the sound they originally had (alien project, astral projection) and the scene changed, the sound changed and they found their adaptation to the times was not succesfull. Some others evolved in the 'right' path... but what i'm seeing lately is that unless acts go to proggressive or some other predefined little cluster of genre, it's not very well received (at least in this little corner of the web) who knows how things really are out there huh? can't keep everyone happy.

i think people have all these expectations about new material from known acts. And some people wait for the old sound, some people hope it will evolve, some other ones hope it's something in between but not quite what they are doing. And at the end of the day, the only thing that's certain is that somebody is not going to like it, given their rigid concept of what is they should be doing. I guess quality permeates.

Some other artists were great at the sound they originally had (alien project, astral projection) and the scene changed, the sound changed and they found their adaptation to the times was not succesfull. Some others evolved in the 'right' path... but what i'm seeing lately is that unless acts go to proggressive or some other predefined little cluster of genre, it's not very well received (at least in this little corner of the web) who knows how things really are out there huh? can't keep everyone happy.

610286[/snapback]

I also think that some acts are known for more general things like the power of one's sound and the force of one's originality, two things Pleiadians used to have, but Etnica not so much after FOL. The fact is that Pleiadians were very likeable for all sorts of people with varying tastes, so if they confine themselves to being enjoyed only by dancefloor types then I feel they'll have failed in comparison to their first two Pleiadians releases.

The samples I've heard from this album sound very full-on, unfortunately, but hopefully they'll at least do it well. Galactic sounds pretty cool, actually - full-on but with a Goa melody.

We'll see! :D

610286[/snapback]

So true. I couldn't agree with you more.

The samples I've heard from this album sound very full-on, unfortunately, but hopefully they'll at least do it well. Galactic sounds pretty cool, actually - full-on but with a Goa melody.

610303[/snapback]

Hi Otto Matta, is it at all possible for you to post the info to locate the samples so we can hear whatever you heard on their new album too?

So true. I couldn't agree with you more.

Hi Otto Matta, is it at all possible for you to post the info to locate the samples so we can hear whatever you heard on their new album too?

610318[/snapback]

Samples

They're very short and not great quality. Hopefully that part in Galactic isn't the only cool one... B)

Samples

They're very short and not great quality. Hopefully that part in Galactic isn't the only cool one...  B)

610321[/snapback]

Thanks Otto! Yeah the samples are very short and poor quality. I can't fully judge the songs yet but from what we're given so far...the initial reaction is that it's disappointing which is no surprise to me. There were only 6 songs of the 9 available so...

My question is: Why didn't they put some samples up on this site to get feedback from listeners, fans... from us??? That would have been a smart move on their part. There are some very aware psytrancers on this site that could've really hooked them up with insight. Now it's too late I presume. :unsure:

The track actually called "11 seems to carry some good goa sounds. I'm interested in that song, but the others sound like boring, regular Full On. When I heard the melodies in "11," I thought okay...it's not I.F.O. or F.O.L., but okay, this is actually cool by these two members, if they keep this cool, newer goa/psy style. But if 11 is the only track that waves layers of sounds like that...this album will lose my interest fast. I don't see why they couldn't have made the entire album in this more goa-esque sound as it seems they have on the track called "11."

It sounds like any artist producing Full On now days could have made these songs and attach the "Pleiadians" name to it. Far as I see it...the two remaining artists in the group had an opportunity to create great, innovative tracks that are their best tracks since F.O.L. So far things aren't looking too hot, but then again, those samples are bad quality, but still...they sound pretty weak tracks regardless.

The other track I'm more curious about is "GALACTIC" because you mentioned it above...but I was unimpressed by the little melody they have going there. Of course it's a 20 second sample and I pray this isn't the middle of the song or anything...just a layer that will develop with many more layers of sounds and melodies. This is all speculation I suppose, especially coming from all these sites that keep advertising Pleiadians as

"THE GREAT MENTORS ARE BACK!!"

huh? I thought they were releasing disappointing songs over the past 7 years? Where in Gods great ass crack did they come back from?? :unsure:

2006 is the beginning of a New Era. The psytrance Mentors are back! A living legend of psy trance with numerous releases since the dawn of this scene strikes back with a massive and solid release to make the old fellows to recall and the new to admire the unique sound of PLEIADIANS.

Wow...a massive and solid release! Let's celebrate with bathtubs filled with cocaine! :D:)

A unique album that would be one of the highlights for 2006 and footstep to be remembered the upcoming years.

Highlights for 2006??? They'll write anything to sell copies. I think this will be THE biggest disappointments of 2006 because Pleiadians were one of the TOP Goatrance names reduced to creating basic dance trance. How awesome it would have been if they through together 7-9 melodic masterpieces that are also danceable like the older stuff. Sadly, nothing they've done to my knowledge in the past 5 years have led me to expect much. It's like Terminator 3. The franchise should have ended with T2, where James Cameron ended things...the sequel hurt the originals IMHO. Sometimes a great impression is altered when a classic name is associated with something poor or average. It taints the image.

Saikosounds link:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5981

Samples:

http://www.discobole.gr/en/product.asp?pid=108849

I haven't listened any of these samples (20 sec sample and judge?) but what I can't understand is why Max and Mauricio can't make a really good melodic track. We all know that the melody masters were Andrea and Carlo, but if you check the tracks Hell's Kitchen and Ritual Plants (both made only by the two current members) you'll notice that even Max and Maurizio CAN write a good old chool style melody. Plus, this album was been prepaired for a long time, right? Is it that difficult to write some good melodies?

So, I guess the bottom line is that: Max and Maurizio can write good old/new shool style Psy, but they don't want to. And they don't want to, cause they're afraid that they'll sound out of date to the ears of the new Psy fans, which is of course a lame excuse, especially for the Pleiadians project.

More comment when I'll hear the album.

I haven't listened any of these samples (20 sec sample and judge?) but what I can't understand is why Max and Mauricio can't make a really good melodic track. We all know that the melody masters were Andrea and Carlo, but if you check the tracks Hell's Kitchen and Ritual Plants (both made only by the two current members) you'll notice that even Max and Maurizio CAN write a good old chool style melody. Plus, this album was been prepaired for a long time, right? Is it that difficult to write some good melodies?

So, I guess the bottom line is that: Max and Maurizio can write good old/new shool style Psy, but they don't want to. And they don't want to, cause they're afraid that they'll sound out of date to the ears of the new Psy fans, which is of course a lame excuse, especially for the Pleiadians project.

More comment when I'll hear the album.

611280[/snapback]

i apsolutly agree with you on this, sales wouldnt change anyway, people would buy their stuff simply because of PLEIADiANS name on it, for the history of project, so imo - be it goa or full on copy-paste music - they wont lose any money if they release melodic album [not cheesy but,eh, you know, "oldschoolish" or sort of :D] compared to their recent music [they might lose moneys on bookings tho :P].

i apsolutly agree with you on this, sales wouldnt change anyway, people would buy their stuff simply because of PLEIADiANS name on it, for the history of project, so imo - be it goa or full on copy-paste music - they wont lose any money if they release melodic album [not cheesy but,eh, you know, "oldschoolish" or sort of ] compared to their recent music [they might lose moneys on bookings tho ].

Yeah, you right, but do you know what pisses me of the most?

Well, they released many crappy/mediocre or just good music with the Etnica project, right? Ok, they ruined the Etnica name. But they've only released three or four tracks under the Pleiadians name. It's like they're saying: We're gonna keep the Pleiadians project for the melodic stuff, that's why we released such a few tracks under that name, cause we want them to be really quality and melodic, while we're gonna continue releasing other stuff under the Etnica project. Am I right?

And now they're gonna release typical full on music under the Pleiadians name! I mean what's the point to wait seven years for a new Pleiadians album, if it's gonna be similar to the Etnica ones? I don't get it!

Yeah, you right, but do you know what pisses me of the most?

Well, they released many crappy/mediocre or just good music with the Etnica project, right? Ok, they ruined the Etnica name. But they've only released three or four tracks under the Pleiadians name. It's like they're saying: We're gonna keep the Pleiadians project for the melodic stuff, that's why we released such a few tracks under that name, cause we want them to be really quality and melodic, while we're gonna continue releasing other stuff under the Etnica project. Am I right?

And now they're gonna release typical full on music under the Pleiadians name! I mean what's the point to wait seven years for a new Pleiadians album, if it's gonna be similar to the Etnica ones? I don't get it!

611341[/snapback]

The point is long lost so there is no point anymore into finding the point. :D

So long Pleiadians, we will have to be satisfied with Humans now. :(

Don't lose hope Seraph. I'm sure that one day some other new group we'll take their postition. Zeta Reticulians maybe?  :D

611349[/snapback]

Then they should come and save us as soon as possible coz these humans have just lost it. :D