OOOD - 'Free Range' is complete!

^ Mr. FrozenRealm here just passed this link my way and I have to admit (I hate walking in line with all these other OOOD-groupies, groovies, grouvies?) that I like it a lot. Funky, fresh, groovy, funny and booty-shaking. Haven't heard any psytrance in a long time, really listened I mean, but this is good! :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a big fullon fan but this preview is quite awesome.

Very VERY well done in terms of production.

Also way more original than half the shit passing for fullon thesedays.

I like the disco-song, very groovy.

respekt

This Friday we will be previewing the entire album live in the main room at Synergy Project in London, one of the UKs very biggest regular psytrance nights :D Anyone from the forum who manages to make it to the party should come and say hello!

Party information here

618379[/snapback]

Hmm looks like a really nice event indeed a lot of different stuff, if I was in London I would go for sure! Well good luck with the previewing!

:)

wanna send me a free promocopy for one of my very special and timeless reviews?  :P

621586[/snapback]

I'm jealous!!

<_<

:P

do I want this cd?  you bet I do!

625028[/snapback]

Me too!

:D

• 3 weeks later...

** OOOD - Free Range (Organic rec.) ** out now!!

Listen to OOOD - Free Range and get detailed informations at

http://www.chaishop-media.com/release/orgcd012/index.htm

Organic is respected for its high quality productions, vibrant artwork and of course cutting edge trance and chill-out music. Here comes their latest treat for the feet: “Free Range”, the third OOOD album since they started working together in 1994.

There are four core members of OOOD: Colin Bennun (Keyboards, Percussion & Mix), Steve Callaghan (Guitar, Percussion & Synth), Ramsay Melhuish (Ableton Live) and Ryokan Potier (Drum Kit & Electronic Percussion).

Colin (also part of Voice Of Cod) has been writing electronic music since 1986 and is currently a moderator on the UK psytrance scene's main forum. He also teaches music technology and masters tracks for other artists and labels. Steve, has been DJing and producing trance since 1988 and was co-founder of the legendary 'Datura' parties in the early 90s. Ramsay, another Datura co-founder, has been DJing trance since the early 90s and his passion for vocal samples make a unique contribution to OOOD's tracks. Ryo, a classically-trained violinist, drummer and dj, started playing out in 1994 at the age of 17; his perception on psychedelic dance music gives the band an added twist.

With this Album, OOOD will take you on an adventure filled with humor, electrifying movements and groovements!

They show their talent with funny samples, funky guitars and fresh basslines!

More info: www.organicrecords.net

Tracklist:

1. Welcome (Intro)

2. Free Range

3. Smoke A Lot (Ricochet mix)

4. The Humming

5. Solar Sway

6. … But Handy (interlude)

7. Oh My (Good Golly Me)

8. Marijuajuana

9. Rock My Soul (Joker v Operator mix)

10. Blue Seal

11. It Isn’t Just You… (interlude)

12. Eye Of The Beholder (with OTT)

13. We Love You (interlude)

EVERY COMMENT IS WELCOME!

Send your feedback to mikadho@chaishop-media.com

3 more days 'till Saiko Sounds releases it!!

Free Range @ S.S.

"Soon" @ Psyshop: Free Range @ P.S.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'm just a little excited about this release!

Posted Image:D

Okey here is my review....

i dont like it, I expected more from you Colin :(

Just kidding, gonna order right this moment!!! :D

Man, after all this buildup I hope you guys like it!  I'm gonna feel so stupid if it bombs.

643556[/snapback]

This is an official "No OOOD Bomb Zone"!

Fly by's are ok though........ ;)

No worries Colin, you guys have a sure-fire winner here! :D

Okey here is my review....

i dont like it, I expected more from you Colin :(

Just kidding, gonna order right this moment!!! :D

643559[/snapback]

:o

:huh:

:lol: ..... Must be Admin humor!

Psyshop does it once again :(

Why on earth "Free Range" is not on the first page, if it was just released? I won't even mention, that IMO it should be on top as the "CD of the week", but it doesn't appear there at all. You have to click on "New" to see it.

What the fuck?! Is it Psyshop's policy that labels have to pay to make their releases displayed on the first page?

Why on earth "Free Range" is not on the first page, if it was just released? I won't even mention, that IMO it should be on top as the "CD of the week", but it doesn't appear there at all. You have to click on "New" to see it.

What the fuck?! Is it Psyshop's policy that labels have to pay to make their releases displayed on the first page?

643694[/snapback]

I believe "pay for display" is common practise for many online shops, often in exchange for stock. Of course, the shops can choose to put CDs on their front page themselves if they really like them, so just because a CD is on the front page of a website doesn't necessarily mean that place has been paid for - just as it doesn't mean that the CD's actually any good :)

643694[/snapback]

Its totally on the first page. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Just ordered this from saiko sounds  :)

Well looking forward to it  :ph34r:

644977[/snapback]

Posted Image

Me too!!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Euhm, unfortunately... khm, samples.... eummm, don't sound promising to me.... except Smoke A Lot, Solar Sway and Eye Of The Beholder sounds perfect ! The rest, ummm, sorry Colin, why so many wacky voice samples ? Ok, I haven't heard the album, but from the samples to me doesn't seem capturing at all... but you can hear very solid production and stunning mastering... for the rest I cannot comment for now, I only feel bad coz more tracks don't have the same feel as Eye Of The Beholder....wow, that is so tasty ! :unsure::rolleyes:

Edit : Sorry Colin... didn't mean to sound bad, just stating my opinion...

No worries Seraph, we always knew that different people would find different tracks more to their taste than others. Still, 3 out of 9 ain't bad considering :) As for the samples, we laid the CD out so that most (but not all) of the interludes can be skipped. No apologies for putting them there in the first place though! This Is Not A Dark Album :)

BTW, DJs should find many of the tracks cue up very easily (including Eye Of The Beholder ;) )