good triplet psy?

SeaWasp

i know .... infected mushroom--disco mushrooms... i've had enough of them...though... the hype for them sorta died down... space tribe released some kewl triplet trance also.... i don't want any thing going into four on the floor.... sort of... if you know what I mean....

anyway... was wondering if you knew any good triplet trance... (i already know juno reactor's conga fury, and conquistador...)

anyway, byes ;)

Do you mean triplet as in "quarter-note triplets" and so on? If so, I guess you could listen to my song "Technopagan". It's mostly triplets, until the end. I haven't really heard much if any trance with triplets, so sorry that the only one I can suggest is my own. :unsure:

http://www.veracohr.com/audio/Technopagan.mp3

Juno Reactor - Conga Fury!!!11

UX - Crysalis

Also ... many Hallucinogen's tracks feature parts in 3/4.

574971[/snapback]

I´d also recommend him, in some tracks like Horrorgramm or fluoro neuro shponge there is the 3/4 tact and them turns into the 4/4 tact, i wish it would be way more msuic like this out. simon Posfords percussion sounds are realy exceptional great, i don´t know other psytrance groups with such percussion sounds, chck them out.

I´d also recommend him, in some tracks like Horrorgramm or fluoro neuro shponge there is the 3/4 tact and them turns into the 4/4 tact, i wish it would be way more msuic like this out. simon Posfords percussion sounds are realy exceptional great, i don´t know other psytrance groups with such percussion sounds, chck them out.

574983[/snapback]

3/4 and triplets are not the same. Simon P's common trick is usually turning triplet 4/4 into straight 4/4. He does occasionally do some actually time sig changes as well (Snakey Shaker does go into 3/4 in the middle for a bit). However the famous "morph" he does is triplet to straight or the reverse straight to triplet.

3/4 and triplets are not the same. Simon P's common trick is usually turning triplet 4/4 into straight 4/4. He does occasionally do some actually time sig changes as well (Snakey Shaker does go into 3/4 in the middle for a bit). However the famous "morph" he does is triplet to straight or the reverse straight to triplet.

575068[/snapback]

ah good to know, and that´s the fascinating of his quality music, in his tracks even the rythms change, if i compare other tracks therythm don´t change in most psytrance tracks except hallucijnogen, way above other psytrance.

• 4 weeks later...

so you know, its not really 3/4, more like 6/8. Count it if you like, 6 beats a measture, 8 measures a bar!

so you know, its not really 3/4, more like 6/8.  Count it if you like, 6 beats a measture, 8 measures a bar!

590983[/snapback]

They are two different ways to skin a cat. I went to music school and studied A LOT of music theory for a lot of years. It CAN be counted as 6/8, but considering how the music would fall on sheet music in standard notation it makes more sense to call it 3/4. BTW, 6/8 means 6 notes (beats) to a measure, one beat equalling an 8th note.