To all Transwave fans

Templar

Possibly not entirely related to Transwave since I haven't heard anything new from them yet, but I seem to notice a trend recently where people only seem to listen to the bassline production and if it is vaguely strong at all, they instantly write off everything else about the track by saying its "full on". A large number of the old goa classics have the same damn basslines yet nowone seems to care to remember and somehow they aren't "full on" purely based on the fact that the bass production wasn't as good back in the day. For that reason alone I tend to ignore any and all accusations of being "full on sell outs" until I listen to everything else. I wish people would listen to all the track like they used to back in the day...  :P

585931[/snapback]

Bassline fetishists.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly not entirely related to Transwave since I haven't heard anything new from them yet, but I seem to notice a trend recently where people only seem to listen to the bassline production and if it is vaguely strong at all, they instantly write off everything else about the track by saying its "full on". A large number of the old goa classics have the same damn basslines yet nowone seems to care to remember and somehow they aren't "full on" purely based on the fact that the bass production wasn't as good back in the day. For that reason alone I tend to ignore any and all accusations of being "full on sell outs" until I listen to everything else. I wish people would listen to all the track like they used to back in the day...  :P

585931[/snapback]

Well, the Goabasslines are often more varied both in sound, intensity and keychanges and often more then the double in length (often 16th up to 32nd of notes) long. This gives a complete different condition of flow for the music (often resulting in more complex melodies). Which we like, yes?

It's not hard to understand why it's hard to hear the difference between different Full on artists music when they deliberately are limiting themselves in both sound, intensity, keychanges and length of loops. It's not hard to understand why so many thinks it's boring music. Have you heard one you have heard them all, right?

Kinda like meeting a girl 10 years after and expecting her breasts to look the same, don't you think?

585620[/snapback]

Maybe they would have stayed the same or even look better if she hadn't done the same plastic surgery as the other girls

Well, the Goabasslines are often more varied both in sound, intensity and keychanges and often more then the double in length (often 16th up to 32nd of notes) long. This gives a complete different condition of flow for the music (often resulting in more complex melodies). Which we like, yes?

It's not hard to understand why it's hard to hear the difference between different Full on artists music when they deliberately are limiting themselves in both sound, intensity, keychanges and length of loops. It's not hard to understand why so many thinks it's boring music. Have you heard one you have heard them all, right?

585969[/snapback]

I'm well aware of the differences between "goa" basslines and the so called "full on" ones and I agree with you on a lot of points (although to be honest I find the bulk of goa basslines to be just as generic as full on ones... and I'm a very serious goa fan just to set the record straight). I just find it amusing that so many people will completely write off so much music on the basis of one part of a track that is, when all is said and done, really only a supporting part of a track (lots of exceptions granted). Couple this with the fact that I'm sure A LOT Of those classic goa artists would have been making much more in your face "modern" bass sounds back in the day if it had been as easier back then. Basically no matter what a well known artist does they are screwed... if they change, they are "selling out", if they don't change they are "ripping off their fans by selling them the same thing over and over" ... but we drift off topic. :P

what can I say...

I heard their live act in Boom and I must say it was worth a 5.5/10, not much if you expect a lot...

For instance Trold who played before Transwave rocked the place much more with insanely psychedelic melodic music, what a blast that was...

And then Transwave starts...

Land of Freedom 2006 rmx, Trashish rmx... not bad, but not too good either, it is NOT typical full on, but has some full on influences, and what makes me sad, the tracks seem to be only 1 layer of their old tracks, the melodies are sometimes there, but only simple and plain compared to their old stuff...

so Transwave is like a shadow of theirselve, but not yet a ghost... :P

ps to Detox: goa trance is clearly not dead, even if it became very small, there is more then "big names" you know

ps to Detox: goa trance is clearly not dead, even if it became very small, there is more then "big names" you know

586048[/snapback]

doing the same shit over and over again, artificially, for the sake of being labeled as killargh goa artist, doesnt count.

doing the same shit over and over again, artificially, for the sake of being labeled as killargh goa artist, doesnt count.

586064[/snapback]

Trold, torakka, ka-sol, maybe khetzal have quite unique albums and aren't doing the same over and over again. Don't know if 3 or 4 artist qualify as not dead though :(

Guest Rezwalker

GOA TRANCE IS DEAD,ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY DEAD SO GET OVER IT AND DONT BUST OUR BALLS EVERY DAY IN THE FORUMS.

585954[/snapback]

DETOX u don't want to know how much bust our balls and some other guys who trying to convince us, for "masterpieces" albums like the lasts from electric universe, space tribe,mfg. etc..(guess for which person im talking about)

obviously u not have a chance to listen real masterpieces like "paradise connection_ from boris blenn or old quality stuff from space tribe..

that's why we are against full-on..the reason named "comparison"

and yes goa-trance nowdays is dead (not at all) but if u think the future is the full-on.... :rolleyes:

Kasol as someone already mentioned earlier in this forum has some Goa elements in his new album but i doubt that his music can be characterised as such.I mean tracks like White Magic sound really oldschool but the majority of his album is a mix of many styles.

Filteria is trying to do Goa indeed but his latest album is like remixing the same track all the time and the whole project sounds like a Pleiadians rip off.Nice try but not enough i guess.

Trold's music i wouldnt like to comment but all i can say is that this music is not goa trance for sure not to mention that the guy hasnt even released an album yet if i am not mistaken not to mention that his released tracks can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Even if all the people that you mentioned were pure goa trance producers we got to admit that 10-15 people who produce this kind of music (or at least try which reflects more to reality) cannot bring back a dead music style.People dont listen to goa trance anymore (apart from the old releases in their home ofcourse),people dont produce goa trance,parties dont play goa trance and the whole thing is dead either you like it or not.Fortunately or unfortunately this kind of music isnt supported any more by enough people.

People can pretend to produce or release goa trance music but i am in the sad position to inform you that Astral Projection,Transwave,Pleiadians,Chakra,Power Source,MFG,California Sunshine,Electric Universe,Man With No Name,Mystica and their friends have left the building long time ago.

I miss goa trance too but times change and so do people and so does music.

Rezwalker i didnt mention the term Full On anywhere in my posts in this topic and ofcourse i never mentioned that Full On is the evolution of Psychedelic Trance and ofcourse i didnt compared the amazing albums that you mentioned with the new works of the very same producers.

What i am trying to say here is that Goa Trance is dead (either we like it or not) not that Goa Trance moved to another level either this is named Full On or Progressive or Dark Psy or whatever.

So please dont put such words in my mouth because i never said such things.

Goa Trance is dead like Happy Hardcore is also dead today,YES they were really famous and popular some years ago BUT today very very few people are still interested in them so they are really dead if you ask me.

I miss Heliotrope by Transwave maybe even more than you but there is nothing i can do about it mate.

People can pretend to produce or release goa trance music but i am in the sad position to inform you that Astral Projection,Transwave,Pleiadians,Chakra,Power Source,MFG,California Sunshine,Electric Universe,Man With No Name,Mystica and their friends have left the building long time ago.

586119[/snapback]

I doubt somebody can nowadays produce such pieces as LSD, Let There Be Light, Teleport or Full Mental Jackpot.

None of todays Goa Producers have sufficient talent to pull gems that size. I did enjoy the first Filteria album to some extent, but i think that if it was released in 97' it would go unnoticed.

Guest Rezwalker

Kasol as someone already mentioned earlier in this forum has some Goa elements in his new album but i doubt that his music can be characterised as such.I mean tracks like White Magic sound really oldschool but the majority of his album is a mix of many styles.

Filteria is trying to do Goa indeed but his latest album is like remixing the same track all the time and the whole project sounds like a Pleiadians rip off.Nice try but not enough i guess.

586119[/snapback]

i agree. ka-sol's last album has some goa elements but of course the sound has nothing to do with pure goa even the 2nd half (tracks 5-10) who are more melodic..

as for filteria imo his 2 albums was terrible. artists like goasia, khtezal, ethereal, ypsilon 5 etc are much more talented.

even suntrip records imo has only 2 pure goa-trance cd's...1)khetzal and 2)va apsara

as for the evolution nowadys...the reason is well known...goa trance is (almost) dead cause of labels.

it's a shame for example big talents such ethereal and ypsilon 5 to not have a chance for new releases cause all the doors are closed..

I doubt somebody can nowadays produce such pieces as LSD, Let There Be Light, Teleport or Full Mental Jackpot.

None of todays Goa Producers have sufficient talent to pull gems that size. I did enjoy the first Filteria album to some extent, but i think that if it was released in 97' it would go unnoticed.

586132[/snapback]

but it was produced and released in 2004 [or produced in 2003?], so lets not talk how great would people take it in 97 ;).

the thing is - then some of those names produced something original and each one of them had their own unique sound, they mixed up eachothers sound etc etc, it was something new.

now when ~decade has passed the new "producers" are not driven by inspiration, it seems, but by wish to be someone, someone else, not themselves, seems to me that some of them think that its cool to label oneself as "goa trance producers", they, IMO, contribute nothing to goa trance sound, its all overdone, and they dont realise it, they try to copy "old" music, not create something new, and create new not because for the sake of being "new" or "killargh", but because theres a free space, free range/sound/genre to make/fill/explore/create/ EXPAND CONSCIOUSNESS THROUGH AN "ART" or kinda like that.

my 0.02$

theres a character/story/trip in oldschool goa tracks, the ones ones - i dont see it there, they just sound too pretentious and artificial, trying to revive goa trance genre - thats where they fail, they are trying to revive it :rolleyes:

Guest Rezwalker

Rezwalker i didnt mention the term Full On anywhere in my posts in this topic and ofcourse i never mentioned that Full On is the evolution of Psychedelic Trance and ofcourse i didnt compared the amazing albums that you mentioned with the new works of the very same producers.

So please dont put such words in my mouth because i never said such things.

586128[/snapback]

correct if im wrong but i remember u have say that the "silence in action" album from Electric universe in your opinion is his best album in his career...

Guest Rezwalker

I think you are mistaking me with the user Planet Ben who also happens to be one of the distributors of this album heh.

586171[/snapback]

oops..u are right....sorry m8 i apologise for that :)

In my opinion, Goa trance is now basically a museum piece (and I mean this in the best way). The everyday rank and file artists of its heyday are mostly forgotten while the classics of the genre are well known, well hailed, and on display. People regularly go to the "museum" and look at them and fondly say "yeah, there was some quality stuff back in the day". Some people visit the gallery more than others, a few people try to recreate the same kind of art, regardless, everyone can enjoy the classics from time to time, but in everyday life, the rest of the world has moved on to other things. This isn't good, nor bad, it just is... It's art and art is never static.

Trold's music i wouldnt like to comment but all i can say is that this music is not goa trance for sure not to mention that the guy hasnt even released an album yet if i am not mistaken not to mention that his released tracks can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Even if all the people that you mentioned were pure goa trance producers we got to admit that 10-15 people who produce this kind of music (or at least try which reflects more to reality) cannot bring back a dead music style.People dont listen to goa trance anymore (apart from the old releases in their home ofcourse),people dont produce goa trance,parties dont play goa trance and the whole thing is dead either you like it or not.Fortunately or unfortunately this kind of music isnt supported any more by enough people.

586119[/snapback]

Interesting points here...

-Trold released an album a few years ago but that one doesn't sound like what they are producing today, we can wait for another album before we can judge... But at the Boom it was real crazy goa trance

-Also, there are far more people then 10-15 people producing real goa trance these days, we at Suntrip had 50+ promos from allover the world with real goa trance, not all of them were good of course, but it's still bigger then you think, and also, many of the promos were made by very young artists... So I'm sure there still is a future!

And then, the thing about parties and listening to goa trance...

-I organise goa parties here, and I mean 100% real goa parties with only old school and we still have loads of people... To give you an idea, the Belgian scene has maximum parties of 1200 (the biggest ones, when MFG or so plays), when I brought the Muses Rapt to Belgium we had 850 people, WITHOUT any decent advertisement... it's almost as much as with a super major act of 3000€!!

-Also, I know of some artists, famous from the past, that they are tired that ALL organisers ask them to play old music... because the people really want that! Also, Twisted will do an old school party soon... I also know in Sweden, Turkey they have rather big old school parties... So just to let you know it's NOT dead (yet) and people still listen to it (otherwise Suntrip was a bankrupt company), and I even dare to say the small goa trance movement is growing a little again, I noticed more melodic released lately and some progressive trance artists on Boom played almost 100% goa trance (like some tracks of Liquid Soul and Andromeda)

Conclusion: I realise 100% these are only small spasms of a movement that was once huge, but I don't think it's entirely dead in many countries, altough in some countries it is dead indeed.

.People dont listen to goa trance anymore (apart from the old releases in their home ofcourse),people dont produce goa trance,parties dont play goa trance and the whole thing is dead either you like it or not.Fortunately or unfortunately this kind of music isnt supported any more by enough people.

586119[/snapback]

Hah! I've talked to a lot of people , both old ones [entering the scene before 2000] and people getting into the scene after 2000 and almost all of them would love some oldskool psychedelic/goa trance party taking place... ;)

As Anoebis said in belgium these parties have very good attendance, so why not in greece too?

But no, let's bring Astrix, Gms, Alien Project ,Skazi for the 54394th time and charge something like 30-40 euros... :D