To all Transwave fans

Templar

Sometimes I wish you would get your facts straight before you respond ;)

First of all I do not defend anyone. And also not old-school artists. My point was that it's totally up to each artist to do what he/she please. No one have the right to tell any artist what name he/she should use to release the music under. As I have said all along. That's up to the artist to decide. And no one else.

2nd (and this is where your lack the facts) I have indeed released progressive under the Elysium name (with "project" at the end).

The reason why I do not use Elysium anymore for progressive (or anything else) is because I have another project Holm & Andersen. So why bother use Elysium when Holm & Andersen is the project that I choose to use my time on?

591371[/snapback]

ah you did release progressive under the name Elysium? When and where? Anyway, I agree that ultimatley it is the artist who decides BUT I was just saying that it would be more "ethical" to change names when releasing stuff under a different style, that's all... Imagine going to your local grocery and discovering it has turned over night into a pharmacy but still has the same name in the window and noone informed you about the change. You wouldn't be too happy, would you?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rezwalker

If a band wants to take a new direction in their music why don't they go for a new bandname aswell then? What's the point in keeping the old name when doing completely different music..

591192[/snapback]

agreed. and btw because i see some of u are talking about evolution...

evolution isn't bad thing..but if that evolution converted to something total different, this isn't evolution, this is experiment.

for example personally i can't call x'dream's ambum "we interface" as evolution...

a nice techno-electro album BUT this album has nothing to do at ALL with their sound.

i understand. for many of artists its necessary to create something fresh and new, but personally i have no interesting about experiment albums without meaning.

p.s FP i remind u once again here is general forum and not the off-topic. if u have something to say about topic just post it and stop the stupid photos, and personal attacks.

Guest Elysium

ah you did release progressive under the name Elysium? When and where? Anyway, I agree that ultimatley it is the artist who decides BUT I was just saying that it would be more "ethical" to change names when releasing stuff under a different style, that's all... Imagine going to your local grocery and discovering it has turned over night into a pharmacy but still has the same name in the window and noone informed you about the change. You wouldn't be too happy, would you?

591386[/snapback]

I did a release with BLT on Tribal Visions first compilation "Urban Legends" and did a remix for Frogacult for Iboga.

I simply do not agree with you at all :) I dont think it's un-ethical to change your style of music and still use the same name. And frankly as I wrote earlier I have more respect for those who do change their music than those who year after year stay in the same loop as some do for various reasons.

Guest Elysium

for example personally i can't call x'dream's ambum "we interface" as evolution...

a nice techno-electro album BUT this album has nothing to do at ALL with their sound.

For you maybe it's not their "real" sound but for them it's for sure their real "new" sound ;)

I simply do not get why people "bitch" so much about artists changing direction. Yes people love a certain band for it's original sound but again it's the way things are and instead of bitching go and find something else that appeal to you and appriciate the good times you had with Band X or try to open up your ears to the new sound. I do not call it experimenting. Experimenting is when you try something different and then return to your old sound. I call it progression when you change and do not look back to what has been.

PS! I am writing "you" in a general term.

Guest Rezwalker

Come on now let's be real.  Why should artists care so much what certain people want. Artists should do exactly what they want to do without thinking about a small group of "sour grapes" that refuse to le go of the past (not pointing fingers at you).

591229[/snapback]

Kris, sorry but what makes u believe that there is a "small" group"???

the 90% of the posts in various forums talking about FEARS for the upcoming cd

if will be full-on..so?

and yes..it's my pleasure to be a part of that group. it's my own business at least. or maybe i should be a part of new age crappy randomized noises scene with"artists" like derango, kindzadza, fungus funk etc etc? no way...

so 1000 times its better to be part of small group of "sour grapes" that refuse to ley go of the past, as u said! no problem! :)

For you maybe it's not their "real" sound but for them it's for sure their real "new" sound ;)

I simply do not get why people "bitch" so much about artists changing direction.  Yes people love a certain band for it's original sound but again it's the way things are and instead of bitching go and find something else that appeal to you and appriciate the good times you had with Band X or try to open up your ears to the new sound.  I do not call it experimenting. Experimenting is when you try something different and then return to your old sound.  I call it progression when you change and do not look back to what has been.

PS! I am writing "you" in a general term.

591405[/snapback]

It's even more funny if you compare for example Astral Projection who have to take the piss because they still make the same music (just with a modern touch) with Infected Mushroom who also have to take the piss because they change their style with every album. No matter what you do, there will always be people who bitch, so why care about it?

Guest Rezwalker

Don't forget that some people have kids to feed, and music is the only job they have.

591436[/snapback]

what the hell means that???

and i have the same question to labels:

what makes u believe a cd with full-on tracks for example it will be sell more cd's compared with a melodic trance cd? (not necessary goa)

i really can't understand that weird "logic".

what makes u believe a cd with full-on tracks for example it will be sell more cd's compared with a melodic trance cd? (not necessary goa)

591448[/snapback]

I guess the sale's figures lead the labels to believe that.

Guest Rezwalker

I guess the sale's figures lead the labels to believe that.

591453[/snapback]

this not sure 100%.

i will remind u the big succes from suntrip releases

1) VA apsara 2) khetzal

and suntrip has voted as best label for 2005.

and besides that ...i like to inform some ppl about the DRAGONFLY'S interest

(in near future) for similar releases...

remember that! i know allready some names who interest dragonfly for contract (YES from new school goa style)

obviously they know better their work ;)

591448[/snapback]

It's not hard to understand. When goa was big I could buy most of the commerical goa compilations in record shops in my home town. Normal kids in my school listened to it and thought it was cool. But that was then ... The people who listen to goa these days have a special interest in it. So sales these days won't even ble close to what they were "back in the days".

I personally would of course like to see a comeback of the melodic but non-full-on style and maybe the sales are indeed rising. But if it's not about the sale's figures what else would the labels use to judge what to release? They must have at least a bit of business knowledge or else even more labels would go bankrupt.

I don't know the actual figures of the record sales since I don't have contacts with labels and stuff so I can only guess. But just because Suntrip was voted best label, doesn't mean they've automatically also sold the most CDs... (sadly)

Guest Rezwalker

It's not hard to understand. When goa was big I could buy most of the commerical goa compilations in record shops in my home town. Normal kids in my school listened to it and thought it was cool. But that was then ... The people who listen to goa these days have a special interest in it. So sales these days won't even ble close to what they were "back in the days".

591464[/snapback]

well maybe then it's better the nowdays situation...it has a nostalgic touch and u feel speciall at least :P hehe :)

Guest Rezwalker

But just because Suntrip was voted best label, doesn't mean they've automatically also sold the most CDs... (sadly)

591468[/snapback]

agreed but u cannot pass that so easily! it means there are still ppl nowdays who like that kind of releases. and we must respect them and not make comments such "they like to live in past" etc.

yeap it's their own business :)

this not sure 100%.

i will remind u the big succes from suntrip releases

1) VA apsara 2) khetzal

and suntrip has voted as best label for 2005.

591462[/snapback]

You are confusing between a choice of 200~300 users of a forum and real life sales.

Before the polls closure i didn't even hear the name Khetzal before. And i am not the only one.

agreed but u cannot pass that so easily! it means there are still ppl nowdays who like that kind of releases. and we must respect them and not make comments such "they like to live in past" etc.

yeap it's their own business :)

591476[/snapback]

Of course, you are right. I do respect those people and I am also very interested in new goa releases myself. But imho it's also necessary that the old people respecnt the young one's even when they have a different taste.

Guest Rezwalker

You are confusing between a choice of 200~300 users of a forum and real life sales.

591490[/snapback]

suntrip has voted best label and from isratrance forum too.

so? u will answer me now there are 600 ppl?

Guest Rezwalker

Of course, you are right. I do respect those people and I am also very interested in new goa releases myself. But imho it's also necessary that the old people respecnt the young one's even when they have a different taste.

591492[/snapback]

if that goes especially for me...hm..well im not against the PPL im against the "artists"

as u see in my signature i said derango sux :P

this is NOT personal attack to anyone here...from the other side im sick every day to watch comments about all those "weird guys" who like to live in past (THIS is personal attack and disrespectul)

:)

591495[/snapback]

Well, there are a lot of people (also here in the forums) that only download the music. So this votings have not that much meaning to me.

if that goes especially for me...hm..well im not against the PPL im against the "artists"

as u see in my signature i said derango sux :P

this is NOT  personal attack to anyone here...from the other im sick every day to watch comments about all those "weird guys" who like to live in past (THIS is personal attack and disrespectul)

:)

591502[/snapback]

It's up to you if you like Derange, no doubt about it. But some people (I don't know if you belong to them or not since I don't know you that well so please not that that I'm generaly speaking) have the tendency to look down on people because those people like music (like Derango) they can't appreciate themselves. So it's not exactly a surprise if some poeple get not so nice comments back.

that's right! not that much meaning to YOU  :P

591504[/snapback]

And sadly also not to the labels. I'm quite sure labels orient themselves on the sales figures and not on votings on internet forums. But let's agree to disagree. :)

591495[/snapback]

really I never knew that...

And about the sales, I can assure you we don't come even close to the sales of "half famous" full on/Dark artists in this scene... we sell enough to survive (which IS a succes these days) but that's about it... it's SUPER crisis in the music industry, and for sure in the trance-scene where the nr 1 medium is internet (which means people download even more as the usual music)

Don't forget, every cd that is sold originally now, has 10 copies floating around... but ok, as said, we can't complain, we survive :)

Guest Rezwalker

And sadly also not to the labels. I'm quite sure labels orient themselves on the sales figures and not on votings on internet forums. But let's agree to disagree. :)

591510[/snapback]

hehe ok peace ;)