Petition for Billy / Cosmosis

Guest antic

Guest antic

In fact I recently finished a track for the new album that has a fully in-yer-face 303 line, but only for 32 bars of the tune during the final section. 

But I may well have to dust off the ol' 303 and fire it up again, if only to shut some of you guys up.  : )

Don't expect any Retro-Goa from the new album though,  just  Post-Psy-Neo-Full-On-Retro-Goa   ;)

Cheers,

Bill

527924[/snapback]

Bill, any release date has been established yet?

This year looks great, with upcoming releases from Cosmosis, OOOD, Error Corrective - proper british psychedelic madeness :):D

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really use flangers much.

Never used the JX16 on a track.

But yes, you should try to find your own sound.

Bill

527660[/snapback]

I´am lucky that i can talk with sucha big talented guy that is soooooo well known in the scene man. Havn´t you used flangers in your older tracks from the time of your first album? I´am sure you used a similar synth to the jx16, if you have cubase you can try it and see taht it sounds similar to the synthsounds in your tracks.

Guest antic

Dude, what is wrong with you?

527949[/snapback]

And what's wrong with you? This time Radi's right - it doesn't happen very often, especially in other scenes, that you can chat on forum with some of the best artists of the genre... We're lucky indeed :)

In fact I recently finished a track for the new album that has a fully in-yer-face 303 line, but only for 32 bars of the tune during the final section. 

But I may well have to dust off the ol' 303 and fire it up again, if only to shut some of you guys up.  : )

Don't expect any Retro-Goa from the new album though,  just  Post-Psy-Neo-Full-On-Retro-Goa   ;)

Cheers,

Bill

527924[/snapback]

ah well I guess that's better than nothing :)

And what's wrong with you? This time Radi's right - it doesn't happen very often, especially in other scenes, that you can chat on forum with some of the best artists of the genre... We're lucky indeed :)

527951[/snapback]

I absolutely agree - I just get the feeling that Radi was being a tad bit sarcastic....

527951[/snapback]

Exactly what i mean, i´ll tell my friends that i´ve spoken with cosmosis

Beh, i have a picture with Bill that i've taken outside my house.

Beat that!

528034[/snapback]

Ive got one of collins dreads hanging in my bathroom. He chopped it off and gave it to me at a party once. I dont think he'll remember though. He was really wasted.

Ive got one of collins dreads hanging in my bathroom. He chopped it off and gave it to me at a party once. I dont think he'll remember though. He was really wasted.

528039[/snapback]

I remember allright... except it wasn't one of mine - what do you think I am, stupid or something? Dick Trevor gave me his dreads when he had his head shaved after the Rock Bitch tour; I've been using them as cat bedding ever since. Well, mostly as cat bedding; when I go out partying I always bring a short length of Green Nun dreadlock with me to give to give away when asked - I'd be as bald as a coot if I gave my own dreads away every time I was asked for one. :rolleyes:

I remember allright... except it wasn't one of mine - what do you think I am, stupid or something?  Dick Trevor gave me his dreads when he had his head shaved after the Rock Bitch tour; I've been using them as cat bedding ever since.  Well, mostly as cat bedding; when I go out partying I always bring a short length of Green Nun dreadlock with me to give to give away when asked - I'd be as bald as a coot if I gave my own dreads away every time I was asked for one.  :rolleyes:

528438[/snapback]

alright but what do you do when a chick asks you for some of your pubes...? :D

527924[/snapback]

plz lol I surrender! :rolleyes:

the thing is, Cosmosis has made tracks where the whole track is a climax.

now you get "only for 32 bars of the tune during the final section."

I remember allright... except it wasn't one of mine - what do you think I am, stupid or something?  Dick Trevor gave me his dreads when he had his head shaved after the Rock Bitch tour; I've been using them as cat bedding ever since.  Well, mostly as cat bedding; when I go out partying I always bring a short length of Green Nun dreadlock with me to give to give away when asked - I'd be as bald as a coot if I gave my own dreads away every time I was asked for one.  :rolleyes:

528438[/snapback]

Fair enough, I guess you cant be expected to give your hair away to every fan who asks. But as asked above....do you carry other famous DJ's pubic hair around with you too, so that you can give them to your female fans and pass it off as your own ? although I see your point. Dont you think this is slightly dishonest and misleading your your fans?

I would be really hurt if someone gave me "their" pubic hair and I found out it belonged to some house DJ or some farm animal.

plz lol I surrender!  :rolleyes:

the thing is, Cosmosis has made tracks where the whole track is a climax.

now you get "only for 32 bars of the tune during the final section."

528607[/snapback]

Don´t be so ridiculous. How can a whole track be a climax? E=mc2 remember? no?... oh never mind...

I actually started to read and take on board some of the comments here as I thought it may be useful feedback. But now I realize that attitude was totally unrealistic as this forum appears to be composed mainly of pathological whingers.

Just look at this case:

Oopie hasn´t even heard one second of the track and yet he has already started to moan about it !

That to me looks like a seriously (pathologically) negative attitude that nothing will make a difference to.

So, I am back off to make music for the people that I have always made music for:

The people on the dancefloor at trance parties.

And Oopie, thanks for indirectly pointing out to me that I should be spending my time making music and not posting on pointless internet forums.

Cheers,

Bill

Don´t be so ridiculous.  How can a whole track be a climax? E=mc2 remember?  no?...  oh never mind...

I actually started to read and take on board some of the comments here as I thought it may be useful feedback.  But now I realize that attitude was totally unrealistic as this forum appears to be composed mainly of pathological whingers.

Just look at this case:

Oopie hasn´t even heard one second of the track and yet he has already started to moan about it ! 

That to me looks like a seriously (pathologically) negative attitude that nothing will make a difference to.

So, I am back off to make music for the people that I have always made music for:

And Oopie, thanks for indirectly pointing out to me that I should be spending my time making music and not posting on pointless internet forums.

Cheers,

Bill

529130[/snapback]

Don't be so harsh to him Bill, I think that he was giving you the compliment with the climax thing....okay, second part wasn't that nice...but still, I am sure that whole point of his post was ' I WANT COSMOSIS BACK ! ' :D;)

Don´t be so ridiculous.  How can a whole track be a climax? E=mc2 remember?  no?...  oh never mind...

I actually started to read and take on board some of the comments here as I thought it may be useful feedback.  But now I realize that attitude was totally unrealistic as this forum appears to be composed mainly of pathological whingers.

Just look at this case:

Cheers,

Bill

529130[/snapback]

Hate to say it guys, but...

... I can't speak for him but I reckon if you really want the answers to your questions you should STFU with the backchat and assumptions.

521437[/snapback]

...told you so.

Good luck with the tracks Bill, see you about somewhere no doubt :)

Just look at this case:

Cheers,

Bill

529130[/snapback]

ah come on mate a little constructive criticism never hurt anyone... and although Oppie's choice of words might not be the best I can get what he's saying: before (mostly on the Cosmology album) tracks would cause you a constant adrenaline rush, from minute 1 to the last. Now it seems that producers (I say that in general cause like you pointed out I haven't heard YOUR track so I can't comment on it) put random stuff in their tracks for the first 4 minutes leaving you think it's just there for beatmatching purposes and concentrate on making a killer last 1:30- 2 minutes... and yes, if I had the choice I'd prefer having the constant adrenaline rush rather than having to fast forward through the first 2/3s of the track to get there. Don't take this bad, I'm just saying my 2 cents :)

Guest antic

ah come on mate a little constructive criticism never hurt anyone... and although Oppie's choice of words might not be the best I can get what he's saying: before (mostly on the Cosmology album) tracks would cause you a constant adrenaline rush, from minute 1 to the last. Now it seems that producers (I say that in general cause like you pointed out I haven't heard YOUR track so I can't comment on it) put random stuff in their tracks for the first 4 minutes leaving you think it's just there for beatmatching purposes and concentrate on making a killer last 1:30- 2 minutes... and yes, if I had the choice I'd prefer having the constant adrenaline rush rather than having to fast forward through the first 2/3s of the track to get there. Don't take this bad, I'm just saying my 2 cents :)

529300[/snapback]

I agree. Mostly :)

Look at the wonderful "Telepathy" off Intergalactic or most of the tracks from Contact (my beloved "Inner Space" in particular) - they build for 5-6 minutes an there's only few bars of climax at the end, lasting for 30 sec. That's ridiculous! The whole Mumbo Jumbo album was arranged like that. But I love those tracks and albums regardless of that...

I long for the times where tracks had 8-9 minutes length, and even if there was a 4-5 minutes build-up you still had 3-4 minutes of climax at the end. On the other hand, it's hard to stand full 8 minutes of climax (like Filteria does, though I love some of his tracks still).

The best way IMO is a "sinusoidal" approach, with buildups, breaks and at least 2 or 3 climaxes in between. Want an example? "Howling At The Moon", "Moonshine", "Higher Access" from the old stuff and "Stormy Monday" or "Dead or Alive?" from the latest album are built exactly that way.

personally i think it's wrong to tell an artist how he should do his music...

if i would produce music, my main concern wouldn't be to make something ppl would like, that kills creativity and your own style.

either you like it, or you don't. but take it the way it is and don't complain on how you would like it to be.

IMHO

also,mr bagginz, i think you have 'long toes'. i don't think that that expression exists in english, but it means that it doesn't take much to upset you -though i do understand why. chill out dude..like you said, it's just a pointless internet forum, ppl say pointless things here.

btw, ppl here are also the people on dancefloors at trance parties...why would opinions be different between these two?

hasta luego

lars

Guest antic

personally i think it's wrong to tell an artist how he should do his music...

if i would produce music, my main concern wouldn't be to make something ppl would like, that kills creativity and your own style.

either you like it, or you don't. but take it the way it is and don't complain on how you would like it to be.

IMHO

also,mr bagginz, i think you have 'long toes'. i don't think that that expression exists in english, but it means that it doesn't take much to upset you -though i do understand why. chill out dude..like you said, it's just a pointless internet forum, ppl say pointless things here.

btw, ppl here are also the people on dancefloors at trance parties...why would opinions be different between these two?

hasta luego

lars

529323[/snapback]

I'm not trying to tell anyone how he/she should write music! I marely pointed out what I don't like in the way current psy-trance is being arranged.

I'll buy any new Cosmosis release without even checking samples, because I know I can't miss there. Regardless if there will be 30 sec or 3 min climaxes :)

527924[/snapback]

Hmmm....you should copyright that term or it will be the title of the next Yellow Sunshine Explosion compilation. ;)

I think he's Bulgarian.

527950[/snapback]

Thus born too close to Chernobyl, eh? :P

also,mr bagginz, i think you have 'long toes'.

529323[/snapback]

Um....foot fetish anyone? The superstar worship in this thread sickens me. First people are talking about collecting dreds from their favorite hippieshamansuperstars, now some are admitting to plucking those fallen pubes from the urinal after they find themselves standing behind one of them in the loo, and now delars is getting all excited over the lengths of their toes.

Where will it end!!

:P