Which one would you pick?

RTP

Okay, I saw them both for the same price, but I only want to get one of them, not both (so please don't answer "I'd take both", 'kay?), since they aren't uber cheap either and if I took both it would go on my money quickly, since there are also other CDs I'd like.

I know a few tracks of Goa Head 12 (Ra - Initiated, Dimension 5 - Limitless Dimension) and they are absolutely good, from that point of view I'd take the Goa-Head, since there is also the fact that I try to collect a few of them. But still, maybe the Pulse is better? They have been released in the same year (2001). The Discogs rating is kinda the same (3.5 for Pulse (2 votes) / 3.8 for Goa-Head (12 votes)). So I dunno.

Please vote for the CD that you would take if you were in my situation!

Tracklists here:

Goa-Head 12:

Posted Image

1-01 Prime Time Plastix - Nep-Tune (7:56)

1-02 Intact Instinct - Chicago Coin's Cinema (SBK Rmx) (6:42)

1-03 S.U.N. Project - Out Of My Brain (7:59)

1-04 Dimension 5 - Limitless Dimension (Gate 3) (7:43)

1-05 Ouija - Shit Happens (8:01)

1-06 Organic Noise - Labyrinth Of Colours (9:04)

1-07 Volldampf - Brainticket (8:37)

1-08 Disco Slickers - I Think... (8:06)

1-09 Hara Gobi - Holi Live (9:47)

2-01 Ra - Initiated (7:47)

2-02 Psychonaut - Chaidive (8:23)

2-03 Massimo Vivona - Isolation (9:07)

2-04 Space Tribe - Dance Like Nobody's Watching (9:05)

2-05 DJ Alex (2) & Element - Akasha (Remix) (7:25)

2-06 Lando - Landlizard Song (8:28)

2-07 Chi-A.D. - Total Perspective Vortex (8:29)

2-08 Koxbox - A Major Problem In Australia (Saafi Brothers Rmx) (7:44)

2-09 DJ Nitrogen - Secret Society (7:21)

Pulse 10:

Posted Image

1.1 Blake C - Nightmarket (Gabriel Le Mar's Remix) (7:34)

1.2 Corellian - State Of Mind (11:43)

1.3 Dienzephalon - F.O.M.P. (7:50)

1.4 Cass & Slide - Opera (C/S Phantom's Only Mix) (11:08)

1.5 Element - Cat. Walk (10:07)

1.6 Man With No Name - Reincarnation (Tripster Remix) (6:40)

1.7 SBK - Mitleid Express (7:42)

1.8 Doof - Dawn Of A New Error (7:47)

1.9 The Rootsman meets Gab! - Dub Oriental (Mystic Mantra Mix) (4:54)

2.1 Mittelstandskinder Ohne Strom - Elements (9:06)

2.2 Eat Static - Critical Mass (8:40)

2.3 Synchro - Eclectic (Hectic) (7:13)

2.4 Midi Miliz - Info (7:21)

2.5 Trickster - Y3K (8:23)

2.6 S.U.N. Project - Out Of My Brain (7:58)

2.7 Johann Bley - Leave Your Body (Jan Müller Remix) (8:41)

2.8 Organic Noise - Amplifier (6:57)

2.9 Authentik - Solid (6:11)

2.10 The Delta - Quiet And Still (6:56)

Interesting.

I always thought it was obvious to take the Goa-Head (because I like the series) and that there's no need for a poll actually...

turns out I was wrong.

I have them both and even though Pulse 10 has better artists on it and has some smashing hits, Goa Head 12 still owns it more cause of Prime Time Plastix, Intact Instinct, Dimension 5, Ra, Psychonaut, Organic Noise, Lando, Chi-A.D, Koxbox and even Nitrogen.

Pulse 10 has only Dienzephalon, Cass & Slide, Man With No Name, Doof, Synchro, Eat Static, Midi Miliz, Delta but you've probably already own half of stuff from there...

My marks : Goa Head 12 - 7/10, Pulse 10 - 6/10...

Pulse 10 has only Dienzephalon, Cass & Slide, Man With No Name, Doof, Synchro, Eat Static, Midi Miliz, Delta but you've probably already own half of stuff from there...

My marks : Goa Head 12 - 7/10, Pulse 10 - 6/10...

512976[/snapback]

No, I actually don't own any stuff from Pulse 10 - not a single track. From Goa Head 12 I know some few pieces (as I said), but owning as release I also do none.

So we have three people who say they would go for the Pulse and two for the Goa Head (although only one voted <_< ). Including my initial intention it's three. Three and three. Damn...

Guest Cosmogenesis

Without an hesitation, I advice you to pick Goa-head 12. I have it, and it's definitely one of my fav goa-head compilations. Generally, the quality of Leguan compilations sound is one of the best I have ever heard. I like to take my headphones and listen the compilation with them (a great experience!).

As for the tracks (it's the main problem of this question), if you don't know already Dimension 5, Ra & Chi-a.d., so this compilation could convert you in a novatekk releases fan, because all of those three tracks selected from this group are exceptional & awesome! Dj Nitrogen tune is also on the same line, very melodic and hypnotic.

The other tracks are more orientated "progressive" & "experimental" without melodies for some of them: Kox Box, Sun Project & Space Tribe don't need introduction. Psychonaut & Ouija songs are interesting.

The volume 12 presents globally an homogenic atmosphere and content (as for many other goa-head compilations) for a big accoustic and trippy experience. :)

I would buy neither of those.

they're your average comps that have more let-downs than good tracks.

and you said they aren't exaclty cheap?

so why don't you buy better stuff... for lower prices?

:):)

:)  :)

513006[/snapback]

Totally agree.

Haven't heard any of those but judging from the tracklist I would definitely buy Goa-Head 12.

513006[/snapback]

More let-downs than good tracks? I wouldn't say so ... I have a few other Goa-Head compilations - also the vol. 13, which is said to be quite mediocre, but I find it quite good actually - and I haven't been disappointed by them.

The cheap issue, yeah, that's bugging. They aren't expensive, just 10,50 Euros for each, I think I would not find them cheaper so easily anywhere ... but I really don't wanna take both, that goes more on my money than I want.

Pulse 10:

Posted Image

1.1 Blake C - Nightmarket (Gabriel Le Mar's Remix) (7:34)

1.2 Corellian - State Of Mind (11:43)

1.3 Dienzephalon - F.O.M.P. (7:50)

1.4 Cass & Slide - Opera (C/S Phantom's Only Mix) (11:08)

1.5 Element - Cat. Walk (10:07)

1.6 Man With No Name - Reincarnation (Tripster Remix) (6:40)

1.7 SBK - Mitleid Express (7:42)

1.8 Doof - Dawn Of A New Error (7:47)

1.9 The Rootsman meets Gab! - Dub Oriental (Mystic Mantra Mix) (4:54)

2.1 Mittelstandskinder Ohne Strom - Elements (9:06)

2.2 Eat Static - Critical Mass (8:40)

2.3 Synchro - Eclectic (Hectic) (7:13)

2.4 Midi Miliz - Info (7:21)

2.5 Trickster - Y3K (8:23)

2.6 S.U.N. Project - Out Of My Brain (7:58)

2.7 Johann Bley - Leave Your Body (Jan Müller Remix) (8:41)

2.8 Organic Noise - Amplifier (6:57)

2.9 Authentik - Solid (6:11)

2.10 The Delta - Quiet And Still (6:56)

512953[/snapback]

I really like thos trax :rolleyes:

More let-downs than good tracks? I wouldn't say so ... I have a few other Goa-Head compilations - also the vol. 13, which is said to be quite mediocre, but I find it quite good actually - and I haven't been disappointed by them.

The cheap issue, yeah, that's bugging. They aren't expensive, just 10,50 Euros for each, I think I would not find them cheaper so easily anywhere ... but I really don't wanna take both, that goes more on my money than I want.

513098[/snapback]

Yeah, 13 was more interesting - wasn't that the one with the Trip Tonite remix?

Guest Cosmogenesis

Yeah, 13 was more interesting - wasn't that the one with the Trip Tonite remix?

513136[/snapback]

Yes, indeed. And "Astral Flight" from Ra and "Transformation" from Dimension 5 are also included in the cd one of the volume 13. I don't like so much the cd2 which sounds "robotic" & too progressive. BTW, I have lost this compilation two years ago in the Olympic Games of Athens 2004. But, I'm not sad for it, because I have already the best tracks in other albums. :P

Goa-head!

It is not the best Goa-head CD *IMO*

BUT! it has SUN.Project!!!!!!!!11

I love SUN.PROJECT! Get Goa head now!

hehe I become so Ignorant when Sun.Project is on a album because everything else is crap :P:P

Goa-head!

It is not the best  Goa-head CD *IMO*

hehe I become so Ignorant when Sun.Project is on a album because everything else is crap  :P  :P

513158[/snapback]

But there´s Kox Box too...and Koxbox kicks Sun Projects butt :P

Anyways..Goa head is the one to get :)

But there´s Kox Box too...and Koxbox kicks Sun Projects butt  :P

Anyways..Goa head is the one to get  :)

513167[/snapback]

:ph34r: oi!! you take that back!! lol :P

In times like these, who better to ask than Google Fight?

513229[/snapback]

Since Pulse 10 won the fight I'd go for Goa Head 12, it has to be the rarer one... ;)

Okay. I have made my decision.

It was not that easy.

I pre-listened to both. And well, the Goa-Head was better. That was because the second CD of Pulse 10 is fairly weak to me. On the first CD though Pulse 10 had some really good tacks ... the Corellian, the MWNN and the Doof one ... and the beginning and the end were quite good too. I liked the first CD of Pulse 10 very much! But on the second CD it all went down. Goa-Head 12 is better balanced - there are good tracks on both CDs. Listened to them and liked them. I especially like the fusion between oldscholish tunes and other psychedelic music styles.

Although ... if nobody buys the Pulse one (which is what I believe, no psyheads except me go shopping in that used CD store) and time passes they will lower the price for it. If the price was low enough one day and if nobody got it before me then I'll maybe get that one as well :)

By the way:

Goa-head!

It is not the best  Goa-head CD *IMO*

hehe I become so Ignorant when Sun.Project is on a album because everything else is crap  :P  :P

513158[/snapback]

The SUN Project tune is the only one that is present on BOTH compilations :lol:

Guest Cosmogenesis

Okay. I have made my decision.

It was not that easy.

I pre-listened to both. And well, the Goa-Head was better. That was because the second CD of Pulse 10 is fairly weak to me. On the first CD though Pulse 10 had some really good tacks ... the Corellian, the MWNN and the Doof one ... and the beginning and the end were quite good too. I liked the first CD of Pulse 10 very much! But on the second CD it all went down. Goa-Head 12 is better balanced - there are good tracks on both CDs. Listened to them and liked them. I especially like the fusion between oldscholish tunes and other psychedelic music styles.

Although ... if nobody buys the Pulse one (which is what I believe, no psyheads except me go shopping in that used CD store) and time passes they will lower the price for it. If the price was low enough one day and if nobody got it before me then I'll maybe get that one as well :)

By the way:

The SUN Project tune is the only one that is present on BOTH compilations :lol:

513397[/snapback]

Good decision, man! I have goa-head 12, and I doubt that you will not appreciate it. On the contrary, I'm pretty sure you will not be able to let your headphones after listening it! :D