Vibrasphere - Archipelago

pr0fane

hey

I got a desperate call for someone who knows the tab for the guitar part in tierra azul

or someone who can play the part and give me the chords or notes that I need to play because I really really wanna learn it.

I have not been able to figure it out completely myself

I really love this song

so please please help me out on this one :D

greets

Juv

• 4 years later...

Today I decided to listen to something different. I have been immersed in Goa Trance and ambient/chill so much that I have ignored all the other subgenre's of this overarching genre called psytrance, apart from the occasional dark and twilight full-on releases.

So I went out, bought an Itunes card and downloaded this album. I waited till evening, uncorked a bottle of wine, dimmed the lights and just sat back and let myself experience this progressive sound. What can I say? I love it. It's got this kind of simple feeling to it, but it's soooo positive and uplifting. Sounds a bit housish, but just not enough to make me dislike it. And that's where my wonder lies: normally I don't really like house, I find it pretty boring. So one would say that everything that comes close to it should be pretty boring to me too. Yet, this does seem to do the trick. The subtleties are well present and the sound, while having a clubby feeling also feels right. I experience this as really deep chill with a beat, and I dig it!

Favorites are:

Tierra Azul: fantastic opener. Maybe one of the best album openers I have experienced. Ever. Really organic, smooth feeling with a piano that just pierces right through my heart. Awesome track.

Sweet September: a superb follow-up, driving the album into upbeat territory but not overextending. Still a really laid-back atmosphere, with great samples.

Landmark: astonishing melody work. Very simple, but somehow they manage to hit the right notes at the right time. It's a bit the same like carbon based lifeforms: their melody work, while being top notch, is always rather simple. So why is it so good? Right notes at the right timing. Same case here.

Morning breeze: the ending 'climax' just tickles my ILOVEYOU-bone. Really, it's fantastic.

• 2 years later...

A definite must hear album in psytrance. It has many tracks that are relaxing, smoooth, energetic or all 3. Definitely my favourite vibrasphere album. The production on this album is excellent as well with thick basses, smooth pads and overall a very clear aesthetic permeating throughout all the tracks.

Favourite tracks: Tierra Azul, Resevoir, Morning Breath.

• 3 weeks later...

Man I miss this project. There's plenty of great progressive trance these days, but this duo created some of the most emotionally stirring music around. Tierra Azul is a superb downtempo track that is like surveying the world and it's beauty from a mile high. Sweet September constantly evolves with the addition of delicate synth textures. The simplistic Resevoir though slightly minimal dances along the line between progressive trance and progressive house showing how big a track can be without overloading it.

Landmark showcases a slight goa element (one of the guys was in Subcouds after all) and the warm melodies break through the frigid cold of Seven Days. Morning Breath sounds so simple, but comes across as lush. The production on this album is fabulous. Hearing each sound echoing across the frozen tundra envelops the listener. The progressive trance is smooth and is more concerned with holding you aloft than packing the eardrums. It's hypnotic and a perfect vehicle for that mental getaway.

Mdk

• 2 years later...

Visiting this album after what 7 years and its still soo good . they just dont make it like this anymore . Hope they come out with some more material like this.

• Like 1

Visiting this album after what 7 years and its still soo good . they just dont make it like this anymore . Hope they come out with some more material like this.

I think the Robert Elster's album released this year is quite good and definitely has something in common with old Vibrasphere.

Or you may try Solid Snake. They are not related to Vibrasphere but most probably take their inspiration from the classic Vibrasphere sound.