Post your best or most stupid OLDIES

Any style of music.

Just tracks you made long ago... maybe from the period when you were just starting to make music...like old stuff made in trackers.

Silly tracks you might laugh at now... or maybe good tracks that you still like in some way.

It will be fun! :)

Nice idea indeed :)

I recently had a hdd crash though so I'm afraid I am unable to contribute :P

Lyrics? Sounds interesting, gonna listen :D

By the way megaupload sucks teh ass! Use www.yousendit.com or whatever.

One of my early dance tracks is available online - it's from 1987. I can't remember the direct link to it though, so you'll have to go to the Voice of Cod website, click on 'Biography' on the left, then download the track from the bit where it talks about my history. Sorry about that!

It's off cassette; the track was recorded on a Tascam 8-track tape machine and was sequenced using a Chase Bit master keyboard slaved to tape by FSK sync, with a Chase Bit 99 analog synth doing the acid line, an Akai S612 doing the samples, a Yamaha drum machine and sound module, and an Alesis Microverb for FX, all mixed on a Soundcraft 16-channel mixer.

oh man, i'm gonna regret this. i wrote this crap as a joke many years ago. i never write lyrics except when the content is ridiculous. this song makes no sense, the mixing is terrible and the singing is even worse...in other words my greatest work :rolleyes:

Big Dogs

oh man, i'm gonna regret this. i wrote this crap as a joke many years ago. i never write lyrics except when the content is ridiculous. this song makes no sense, the mixing is terrible and the singing is even worse...in other words my greatest work :rolleyes:

Big Dogs

509163[/snapback]

is that your voice? grooveyy

this is really great man, sounds like 80's hip hop :D

are you saying this is really your first track?

I knew you were talented but man... this is huge for a _first_ track :huh:

what year did you make this?

edit: as you may or may not know, my taste sucks. that meaning, even if you think some of your tracks are "poor quality" I will most likely love them.

as you've made like 7 albums (??) I'd really like you to upload them some time.

[kevin mcallister]Could I just hear them? I'll never want another thing as long as I live if I can just hear them. I know I won't hear them tonight, but promise me I can hear them sometime. Any time. Even if it's just once and only for a couple minutes.[/kevin mcallister]

haha, thanks man.

oh no, it's not my first track, but it's my first lyrical track. i think i wrote this in 2000. not sure though.

btw, did you ever get the CDs?

509176[/snapback]

I haven't got anything yet but it usually takes a moment for something to arrive from the states. though I'm starting to wonder soon if some mailman knew good music when he saw it... :(

I haven't got anything yet but it usually takes a moment for something to arrive from the states. though I'm starting to wonder soon if some mailman knew good music when he saw it... :(

509178[/snapback]

dammit, are you serious?! i swear everytime i send something overseas it takes like a year to get there. well, if you haven't gotten anything by next week let me know. i'll gladly send it again :)

Big Dogs. Hehe. Great stuff. Solid. You gotta roll with the big dogs. :lol: Sounds a little like Primus doing laid back electronic rap.

Colin - That early track is pretty cool, man. Especially for 1987. A year later's when I started. Wish I had some recordings of that stuff. Heavy electro shit, with little equipment but a lot of adolescent heart. :)

Colin - That early track is pretty cool, man. Especially for 1987. A year later's when I started. Wish I had some recordings of that stuff. Heavy electro shit, with little equipment but a lot of adolescent heart. :)

509205[/snapback]

I'd already been working with synths and 4-tracks for a year or so by then. I'll upload some earlier stuff sometime; I haven't got the VERY first thing I ever recorded any more but I've still got 99% of everything I've ever written so I can get pretty close :)

I'd already been working with synths and 4-tracks for a year or so by then.  I'll upload some earlier stuff sometime; I haven't got the VERY first thing I ever recorded any more but I've still got 99% of everything I've ever written so I can get pretty close :)

510101[/snapback]

Would love to hear it. :)

The first song I completed start to finish.

Surprises me now considering I knew next to nothing about production back then.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=527979&t=9393

The first thing I ever put out was an ambient/soundscape track, messing with some samples I had. Its still pretty good I think. http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=407880&t=9393

tell you the truth, I still use a tracker!! ITs Renoise tracker, which is also a damn fine VST host. I used to use nothing but samples, but nowadays the only samples are sfx and the kick.

This song is one of the best of my early ('03-'04) songs, made before I had any real understanding of psytrance and song mechanics and logistics. I just knew I wanted to make psychedelic sounds, rhythmically. I call it Sacred Freedom, the Logans Run samples really illustrate that idea. I used to call myself Spiral Starflame (cheesy I know but theres a story behind it, or was... or something). The file is 22.01 mb mp3 output from the tracker I used, ModPlug, which actually had VST support but no real vsti implementation. Not like renoise at least...

ok so here it is. in all its awful sound quality...

sacred freedom @ yousendit

today is th 17th of april

Great Topic :)

I did this shamefull and horrible page at soundlift two years ago, when i started producing

I just need it somewhere to put my tracks on line in order to others listen to it and help me...but i must say i'm not really proud of my first tracks, but here we go

Beh

Great Topic :)

I did this shamefull and horrible page at soundlift two years ago, when i started producing

I just need it somewhere to put my tracks on line in order to others listen to it and help me...but i must say i'm not really proud of my first tracks, but here we go

Beh

511573[/snapback]

Yikes, bro. d :unsure: b

Some interesting moments in there, though. ;)

Here's a more recent oldie from 5 years ago, I still like it because it was more or less made on the fly and I never made something like this before. It was done on a Roland XP-80 when I just got the synth and made some sounds and edited some presets. Starts slow with ambient intro, second part is more melodic.

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?act...EB1883D1236ECC8