Unknown, less famous Psy-trance artists.

Ormion

I can't believe nobody mentioned Amanite FX! Every track I have of them is superb!

Also Quatermass always drew my attention

The Athena alias of Miranda is even better as her Miranda project imo...

Slinky Wizards old school songs never failed, extremely psychedelic! :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I want to add:

Underhead, Semsis, Virtuart, Stanley Shanti & The Chillum Wallas, MK-Ultra from Koyotte records

Sheyba, Millenium, Moog, Somaton (other project of Shakta), Color box, hunab-ku

Guest Cosmogenesis

I forgot also Hyperion, Pharagonescia, Pergamon, Vectrolab, Psycho Meditation, Psychonauts (greek project), Tyoussi, Marmion, Phoenix, Gada-Gong, Witchcraft, Kailum...

There are so many groups, and I'm surprised to see that some of them have made only one track in their career! :blink:

Underhead, Semsis, Virtuart, Stanley Shanti & The Chillum Wallas, Moog, Hunab-Ku

497431[/snapback]

Hyperion, Pharagonescia, Pergamon, Vectrolab, Kailum...

497445[/snapback]

Yeah, those were amazing projects that I miss so much...I agree with Anoebis about Amanite FX...

I can also add Psychlopedia, X-Frame, Mama Indica, Ushuaya, Razor's Edge, 100th Monkey, Rhythmystec, Spectral, Masaray...

Hmm, where is this world going to when Slinky Wizard, Snake Thing & the rest are classified as "unknown"???

Hmm then again, maybe if I listened to trance that was less than 8 years old, I might have perspective :P

But Underhead, yes, definitely underrated, and for some reason didn't appear so often on CD comps either. I just have one EP + a few tracks on CD but they're mostly very very good.

I suppose there would be a lot of great stuff with much cross-over potential to psy territory on Tunnel... Should really try to get my hands on some of those old Tunnel comps. Too bad I've never seen them in mp3 circulation or any used record shops either :/

Hmm, where is this world going to when Slinky Wizard, Snake Thing & the rest are classified as "unknown"???

498287[/snapback]

Ummm, yeah, wondered the same thing myself...SLINKY WIZARD is well known psychedelic act, just cause they haven't released an album doesn't make them unknown...but how they rule, yes...;)

anybody heard of cassiopeia?

have found 4 tracks (which i hope i still have somewhere)

one was called the deepest house and its all goa-ish sound and brilliant!

and its not the cassiopeia on discogs ; )

there's also one greek project, interstellar overdrive.. they ve released one track as prisma in the 2nd samothraki comp. but its not like the few unrlsd killarghs that were (and might still be) roaming around the interweb.

that was totaly amazing goa.. too bad they dont like releasing their music..

Ummm, yeah, wondered the same thing myself...SLINKY WIZARD is well known psychedelic act, just cause they haven't released an album doesn't make them unknown...but how they rule, yes...;)

498327[/snapback]

So is Semsis imo.

Haven't you heard Crossing Mind?

496820[/snapback]

He was an mp3.com -artist, and you could download most of the songs free at www.mp3.com/crossingmind/, but however as the old mp3.com died, he's project seems totally lost. Behind Crossing Mind was a single person, a Frenchman. I dont remember anything more really. Good stuff, nontheless.

Btw about Underhead: I found that Olivier has a website that has an whole album of his unreleased music, but the download link doesn't work :P

Has anybody heard these? Are they on par with the releases made as Underhead with that other guy whose name escapes me right now...

http://virtuart.free.fr is the site.

Quatermass!

I have only two tracks, Beyond Sunrise & Jiva, but these both rock! There's these crazy "talking" legato sounds, I'd love to know what that synth is... That portamento sounds really mad!

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Quatermass

Nasha!!!

I have only _one_ track, Chai Machine from White Rhino, but I looooove this, there are these deeeppp sarangis & stuff all over... This is still one of the few "eastern style" goa tracks that I like, usually the faux eastern scales just sound like shit :P

They have more trax on Cosmic Conspiracy, that 1997 comp... But that's so rare I won't even dream of finding it anywhere ever :/

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Nasha

The whole Japan oldschool is way underappreciated... Tokyo Tekno Tribe 1 is still one of the best old goa comps IMO... But Kuro, Charm & the rest of the lot rarely get the same amount of praise than the brits & rest of euro goazers...

Nasha!!!

I have only _one_ track, Chai Machine from White Rhino, but I looooove this, there are these deeeppp sarangis & stuff all over... This is still one of the few "eastern style" goa tracks that I like, usually the faux eastern scales just sound like shit :P

They have more trax on Cosmic Conspiracy, that 1997 comp... But that's so rare I won't even dream of  finding it anywhere ever :/

499497[/snapback]

Don't worry, it's not the same Nasha:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Nasha+(2)

The White Rhino Nasha was a project by George Barker, Gus Til & Mad Sheer Khan.

• 2 weeks later...

Cybel (all them tracks)

Beyond Third Spring (ganesha)

Evolution (Riding High Bullet 350 rmx is REAL good)

Domestic

Radiotrance

Liquid Lunar (Only know one track but it ROXX, Hydrophobia)

Aurax

Kaledoid

Paranoize (almost but not nitzonot)

Moonweed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! totally insane, luv it

get back on this asap :)

ps: not that unknown, but phreaky beats em all ;)

Namedropping in this topic makes a newbie wanting to go hidding back to isra. Anyway my 2 cents:

Voodoo People (Superb track of theirs in Retrodelica 2 by Flying Rhino),

Masaray (Time Traveller of Trance anyone? Pfiff, I guess you all knew that already),

Psychonauts (Skies tou Feggariou, greek classic),

Moksha (Haven't heard a lot about them, but they surely rule).

I'll go do my homework then and come back for more.

Guest Astro Cortex

Moksha (Haven't heard a lot about them, but they surely rule).

I'll go do my homework then and come back for more.

506741[/snapback]

Yeah, do your homework and try to get their awesome double album Mindworx 97-99. ;)

Yeah, do your homework and try to get their awesome double album Mindworx 97-99. ;)

506745[/snapback]

D/l has been my friend in this case :ph34r: . Listening to it a bit more would do me good though :unsure: .

Cybel

Beyond Third Spring

Evolution

Domestic

Radiotrance

Liquid Lunar

Moonweed

506731[/snapback]

Agreed ! I always wondered why these artists haven't made more tracks or even an albums except Beyond Third Spring that made one... :unsure: