Do you listen Tiesto or Armin Van Buuren?

Guest Cosmogenesis

Guest Cosmogenesis

Wtf man,i am greek !why would i want to explain that i am not greek when i am?

495631[/snapback]

Don't be angry, my greek brother! :) But I can't understand why you have included "you are living Cyprus"? Tell me the relations between Tiesto & Cyprus? :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be angry, my greek brother!  :)  But I can't understand why you have included "you are living Cyprus"? Tell me the relations between Tiesto & Cyprus?  :D

495632[/snapback]

because when i said that he came here last summer i meant in cyprus!

sorry for the reaction,but we have a lot of shit here coming from the "aristera" stating that we are not greeks.... :angry:

Guest Cosmogenesis

because when i said that he came here last summer i meant in cyprus!

sorry for the reaction,but we have a lot of shit here coming from the "aristera" stating that we are not greeks.... :angry:

495634[/snapback]

What are you talking about man? You know, I have Cypriot friends who are proud to say that they are Cypriot but not Greek. But I think it's a little uncorrect. "Greek Cypriot" is a more appropriated name. Don't you think? :blink:

So, I'm not a shit and a fucking aristera politic! Never compare me like those "turkish" extremists and fanatics! And don't judge me with misunderstandings ! ;)

What are you talking about man? You know, I have Cypriot friends who are proud to say that they are Cypriot but not Greek. But I think it's a little uncorrect. "Greek Cypriot" is a more appropriated name. Don't you think?  :blink: 

So, I'm not a shit and a fucking aristera politic! Never compare me like those "turkish" extremists and fanatics! And don't judge me with misunderstandings !  ;)

495647[/snapback]

wow man easy i didnt said that YOU were the fucking aristera,i just said why i overreacted.... :)

..says the ape-man. :P

495803[/snapback]

ape man good...

...good

GOOD, YOU HEAR THAT :ph34r: !

I don't like to limit myself to a small subgenre. That's stupid imo, because you're missing out so much if you do.

495811[/snapback]

heh, true true ninja :D!

lol, youre like some kids - allmost started fight over NOTHING!

shame on you cavemen - you should go out more instead of sitting in front of fire in your cave :P:lol:

495801[/snapback]

the fire keeps us warm and keeps the animals away!

you d better watch your language ape-man or i will sacrifice you to the bear goddess! :ph34r:

:P

I had heard a few euro-trance artists before I got into psy, although it tended to be the really floaty/chilled-out type stuff. Man With No Name was one of the "eurotrance" artists actually. I asked on some forum if there was any trance that wasn't so boring/simplistic, and I got TONS of recommendations for progressive euro-trance but i didn't really care for it. Then one person recommended I check out psy-trance and recommended I check out Hallucinogen - LSD. The rest, as they say, is history

I do like some other electronic music though, my favorites being Aphex Twin/AFX and Amon Tobin

Pffff, this will never happen to me....

I have a lot of trance vinyls (more than psy/goa stuff if you don't count the psy CDs I have) and I really enjoy that style. No matter if it's old hardtrance/rave or new trance stuff. I still go to trance parties and I enjoy myself a lot there (it's been some time since the last one, but I'm not going out much anymore). I don't care what people think about this music, for me there are tracks that move me in a similar way like psy does, with or without drugs. It takes some time of digging to find the real good records (the one I consider real good... ;) ) but it's worth it for me.

495405[/snapback]

of course it's all about taste :)

i still have a couple things i consider amazing pieces form the trance/rave generation. Dave Seaman is one of them... i could probably start digging out a number of names, but i'd rather keep looking forward into what is new in psy. Once again a matter of taste

• 1 month later...

The current Tiesto and Armin van Buuren and their labels and fellow similar producers/DJs are exactly the reason I'm listening to psy trance nowadays.

Was really happy to find out that there was even more to trance than I already knew.

The current euro trance scene is in its most pathetic state ever, with the most amateurish bedroom producers and their moms being signed to the biggest labels with the worst quality tracks ever. Several DJs, who can barely mix a record properly, are being worshipped like gods.. etc.

What strikes me the most is that a number of these huge name DJs, such as Tiesto, make us think that he is a great trance producer, while he just has producers doing all the work for him, dare to call themselves 'artists'. And let's not mention the popstar attitude some have.

I've seen people complain about the ever rising number of psy labels appearing, releasing nothing special, but it can't be half as bad as the euro trance scene, where since the rise of digital download stores like beatport.com, a huge amount of digital-only labels have turned up, churning out one piece of excrement after another... which they easily can because they have no production costs whatsoever since all they have to provide is the .wav file in order to sell their stuff through digital stores..

I used to love trance.. just 'trance'.. but it certainly lost its dignity for the biggest part in my opinion. The good old days are gone that's for sure, but not much people appear to be trying to make something decent. There's a handful of euro lads still doing their own thing without going 'commercial', such as John '00' Fleming to mention just one, but what do you think he plays mostly nowadays.. psytrance, naturally.

It really bugs me I didn't discover psy trance and psy ambient until somewhere late 2004.. doing a lot of catching up these days! :D

Also for some odd reason I've experienced that the most mature people I meet on music forums such as psynews, or tranceaddict for instance,.. are people who don't really listen to euro trance.. lots of ignorant people in that scene.. but not everyone ofcourse ;) or perhaps it's just coincidence..

sure I like some of it (mostly mid-late 90s stuff), same goes for psy: a lot is crap, some is good

and as far as I can see the crappiest forms of psy have reached a new low, that is even lower than the crappiest eurotrance ever was

Guest Cosmogenesis

A few new Hommega releases or tracks become euro-psytrance crap. This is one of the full-on's fashion now. For my case, I still prefer eurotrance lonely than europsytrance.

And especially about Chakra, I can't really define his new style as psytrance. "Opacity" track is eurotrance style according to me.

I don't listen to anything else than :wub: Tiesto :wub:. I'm on this forum to spread the Gospel of True Trance and indeed the comments of some of you poor souls shows that not everyone has accepted the Divine Love.

[/sarcasm]

JackCheese, exactly where did you hear that Tiesto's music is done by other producers? That is so strong a claim that you'd better a have credible source.

For those who want to be convinced :

Abel Ramos vs Shane 54 - Kippenvelmeter (Original mix) (!!!)

Ace's delight - Mental theme (Ultra trance mix)

Ace's delight - Sunrise (!!!!!)

Adam Selim - Stigmata (Original mix)

Adam White - Ballerina (Original mix) (!!!!)

Adam White - Ballerina (Matt Darey remix)

Airbase - The phoenix theme (2002 remix)

Airbase - Theme from the rock

Airbase vs Inzite - Unity of Earth 2002 (Lost cities remix)

Airscape - L'esperanza (Armin van Buuren's rising star mix)

Airscape - Sosei (Original mix)

Airwave - When things go wrong (2003 mix)

Alibi - Eternity (Armin Van Buuren's Rising star mix)

Angel ace - Emotion (Original mix)

Aria - Dido (Armin van Buuren universal religion mix) (!!!!!)

Aria one - Willow (DJ Tiesto Magikal remake) (!!!!!)

Art of trance & Caroline Lavelle - Breathe (Dawnseekers remix)

Astura - Cassiopeia

Blank & Jones - Unknown treasure (Mr. Sam's beyond the grace of God remix)

Blank & Jones - Watching the waves (Airbase remix)

BRUNI - Theme from nothingness (Original 2005 mix) (!!)

Cabala - Dark blue (Original mix)

CERN - The message (Southern mix)

Cindy Laser - The man i'd die for (Atlantis ITA remix)

Cosmicman - Krystal dreams

Cygnus X - The orange theme (Bervoets & De Goeij remix)

Cygnus X - The orange theme (Moonman's Orange Juice mix)

Delerium - Truly (Signum club mix)

DJ Tandu - Velvet

DJ Tatana - Always on my mind (Ronski speed dub)

DJ Tiesto - Close to you (Magik Muzik mix)

DJ Tiesto - Forever today

DJ Tiesto - Nyana

DJ Tiesto - Sparkles (Transa remix)

DJ Tiesto - Suburban train (!!!)

DJ Tiesto - Theme from Norefjell (Magikal remake) (!!!)

Estuera - Travels

F Massif - Somebody (Ferry Corsten remix)

Ferry Corsten - I love you (Ferry Corsten remix)

Ferry Corsten - It's time (Agnelli & Nelson remix)

Ferry Corsten - Sweet sorrow (The thrillseekers remix) (!!!)

Ferry Corsten feat. Elles de Graaf - Show you my world (Ferry Corsten remix) (!!!!)

Fire & Ice - Forever young

Fire & Ice - Lost emotions (2001 remix)

Frank T.R.A.X. - Nebuchan (O.r.g.a.n. remix)

Fred Baker presents Iguana - Sweet moonlight

Fridge - Mystery (Airbase remake)

G & M Project - Sunday afternoon (Nu-NRG remix)

Hemstock & Jennings - Crimson soil

Hemstock & Jennings - The passion (Original mix)

Hemstock & Jennings feat. Adam White - Reverence

Hemstock & Jennings feat. Adam White - Reverence (Darren Tate remix)

Ian Van Dahl feat. Marsha - Castles in the sky

Inzite - Everest (Original Mix)

Jaccot - Mu-v xpress

John 00 Fleming vs M.I.K.E. - Dame blanche (John 00 Fleming mix)

Kyau vs Albert feat. Julie - Not with you (Ronski speed vocal mix) (!!!)

Lange - Don't think it feel it (Cosmicman remix)

Laura Turner - Soul deep (Signum extended club mix)

Madelyne - Beautiful child (Hiver & Hammer remix) (!!!)

Matti Laamanen - Flakes (Ferry Corsten remix)

Modulation - Spirits (Cosmicman mix)

Moon project - Moments are forever (Original mix)

Motorcycle - As the rush comes (Above & Beyond Dynaglide remix)

Motorcycle - As the rush comes (Armin Van Buuren's Universal Religion Reconstruction) (!!!!!)

N-Fluence - Sweet substance

Nitromethane - Time to die (Cosmicman remix)

Nu-NRG - Free fall

Oceanlab feat. Justine Suissa - Beautiful together (Signum remix)

Paul Oakenfold - Southern sun (Dj Tiesto remix) (!!!!)

Plastic boy - From here to nowhere

Plastic boy - Twixt

Randy Katana - In silence (Ron Van Den Beuken remix) (!!)

Rhythm of life - You put me in heaven with your touch (Lange remix)

Riva - Time is the healer (Hiver & Hammer remix) (!!!)

Shane 54 - Equinoxe 4 (Original mix)

Shane 54 - Souvenir de Chine (Club mix)

Shane 54 - Vampire (Short club mix)

Shane - C'est musique (Armin van Buuren remix) (!!!)

Signum - Second wave

Signum - Push through (Original mix) (!!!)

Solar stone - Seven Cities (Armin van Buuren Remix) (!!!)

System F - Spaceman (Original mix)

Talla 2CLC - Is anybody out there (Taucher mix)

The muses rapt - Spiritual healing (!!!!)

The scarab - Soul sailor

Tony Walker - Field of joy

Tranquility base - Razorfish (Above & beyond full on mix)

Unknown source - Nadjanema (Original mix)

Vengaboys - Kiss (Airscape mix)

Veracocha - Carte blanche (Original)

Vincent De Moor - Green heaven

Woodshokk - Tulips & chocolate (G & M Project remix)

Yahel - Devotion (Armin Van Buuren Remix) (!!!!!)

Yahel - Devotion (Brisky Remix) (!!!!!)

I like melodic trance a lot, but it's true that there are lots of bad tracks, as there are lots of unforgettable ones.

Melodic trance brings me different emotions than psy, this is the music i like the most i think.