3. WATER DRUMS

4. TWO FULL MOONS AND A TROUT

5. NO LIFE CAN SURVIVE HERE

6. FROMAGE FRAIS

7. LOLLIPOP MAN

8. THERE WILL BE NO ARMAGGEDON

9. TOUCAN

10.EPILOGUE

I am sure that probably all of you have heard about this album or even own it but I had to put a review for all those that haven't heard and are interested in origins of trance music. So, if you're looking for good trance album you should get this one. This is a classic from early period and it is real shame they only released one album. Simon Berry from Art Of Trance and Claudio Giussani from Terra Ferma released this album before they started making separately. You can clearly hear distinctive sounds of Simon Berry and clear melodies from Claudio. Practically all songs except ambient ones were released as singles and became enormously popular : TWO FULL MOONS AND A TROUT was the biggest hit and it is still great psychedelic melodic track. RED HERRING is another melodic and fresh classic. FROMAGE FRAIS is also amazing with delicous melodies and very good atmosphere. LOLLIPOP MAN was also released before, on Platipus Vol. 1 and it is pretty good. CACTUS was also huge hit, being released on numerous compilations. The only song I didn't like so much is NO LIFE CAN SURVIVE HERE. It is completely different than the rest of the album and has some dark feeling which title suggests. WATER DRUMS has good production and melody but the singing ruins it. THERE WILL BE NO ARMAGEDDON is the best ambient song on an album and it actually sounds like it has been made these days. The production of this song might be the best on album. TOUCAN is another very good ambient song. Overall, this album is a classic if only they skip those 2 songs from it. The rest is pretty amazing...9/10

• 2 weeks later...

An awesome record which is anything but mindless! A lot of depth, well textured, gentle, hugely influential and a rare treasure! 5/5 for the beautiful sound and historical significance. Almost all the tracks are gems in their own right and they haven't dated badly.

Btw how did they create those phased '3D'-effects over the voices in the title-track? Damn well done and higly detailed work!!

• 1 year later...

Quality from start to finish. Its not "rare" but I sure as hell dont see it in many record shops. I particularly like Cactus (first heard it on a carl cox mix) and the Title track. Some fucking great effects used on this album. Very trippy, especially when your not trippin!

• 8 months later...

UNION JACK - THERE WILL BE NO ARMAGGEDON

PLATIPUS

1. RED HERRING

2. CACTUS

3. WATER DRUMS

4. TWO FULL MOONS AND A TROUT

5. NO LIFE CAN SURVIVE HERE

6. FROMAGE FRAIS

7. LOLLIPOP MAN

8. THERE WILL BE NO ARMAGGEDON

9. TOUCAN

10.EPILOGUE

I am sure that probably all of you have heard about this album or even own it but I had to put a review for all those that haven't heard and are interested in origins of trance music. So, if you're looking for good trance album you should get this one. This is a classic from early period and it is real shame they only released one album. Simon Berry from Art Of Trance and Claudio Giussani from Terra Ferma released this album before they started making separately. You can clearly hear distinctive sounds of Simon Berry and clear melodies from Claudio. Practically all songs except ambient ones were released as singles and became enormously popular : TWO FULL MOONS AND A TROUT was the biggest hit and it is still great psychedelic melodic track. RED HERRING is another melodic and fresh classic. FROMAGE FRAIS is also amazing with delicous melodies and very good atmosphere. LOLLIPOP MAN was also released before, on Platipus Vol. 1 and it is pretty good. CACTUS was also huge hit, being released on numerous compilations. The only song I didn't like so much is NO LIFE CAN SURVIVE HERE. It is completely different than the rest of the album and has some dark feeling which title suggests. WATER DRUMS has good production and melody but the singing ruins it. THERE WILL BE NO ARMAGEDDON is the best ambient song on an album and it actually sounds like it has been made these days. The production of this song might be the best on album. TOUCAN is another very good ambient song. Overall, this album is a classic if only they skip those 2 songs from it. The rest is pretty amazing...9/10

484574[/snapback]

nice review seraph, first time I read a review of indeed this considering it's time age way way way above album,

the speaking sound formula what is now used by everybody but here present and created by pioneers,

goatrance or not, it's good :D

• 4 weeks later...

but I had to put a review for all those that haven't heard and are interested in origins of trance music.

Thank you guys for this one !

I hadn't never heard union jack before.

Two moons and a trout has really been a

superb discovery.

Now I can't stop listening to that song .

I found also two great remix :

the first by Tektonik (tender, more centred on the

"estathic" vocalism) and the second by Caspar Pound,

with a great progression among different environments

(starts with melancholic piano, grows with some

4/4 kick drum and "old school" loops, breaks into

a "mystical" bridge with the vocal sample, and then a great

trance closing).

Sorry, I had to download them from emule :( ... does anyone

know a compilation or a cd with these remixes ?

• 3 months later...

I found also two great remix :

the first by Tektonik (tender, more centred on the

"estathic" vocalism) and the second by Caspar Pound,

with a great progression among different environments

(starts with melancholic piano, grows with some

4/4 kick drum and "old school" loops, breaks into

a "mystical" bridge with the vocal sample, and then a great

trance closing).

Sorry, I had to download them from emule :( ... does anyone

know a compilation or a cd with these remixes ?

For me the best remixes of this track are in this release. You can buy it cheap!

Thank you .

Support original goa :wub:

I understand that is not goa. For me Union Jack is one of the best autor of old Trance music.

And this album is the perfect album. Ambient and Trance of maximum level on the same release.

(if you like this kind of music see the releases of Platipus label)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This was an enjoyable listen, but I fear it hasn't aged well. I appreciate the historical significance of this music (way ahead of its time), but today it seems slightly empty. With all the technological advances in music today, the music feels like it can't compare with the more full sound of today.

Mdk

• 11 months later...

I only just discovered this album, and I'm blown away. Such pure melodic trance and ambient, very beautiful sound! Favourites are Red Herring, Two Full Moons and a Trout and Fromage Frais. Incredible.