Stupid artist names!

Ormion

Nice avatar.  I've always thought our logo looks best on a white background though; the black is a little difficult to read at that size.

499779[/snapback]

I chose it primarily because "Flourostani transcendance" was the very track that made me interested in whole genre back in 96 (at the time I listened to Prodigy). It really changed my life, and now, ten years (and many hundreds of tracks o' goa) later it still remains as the single best track imo.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose it primarily because "Flourostani transcendance" was the very track that made me interested in whole genre back in 96 (at the time I listened to Prodigy). It really changed my life, and now, ten years (and many hundreds of tracks o' goa) later it still remains as the single best track imo.

504701[/snapback]

That is one of my all time favourites too (although I have many).

I heard it first on Flying Rhino's Singularity (great comp!!) and always wanted (but never got) to hear more of there stuff :(

I think Hujaboy is a pretty lame name... But look who's talking! Amygdala has given me some odd remarks along the way... Especially from those whose native tongue is greek ;)

Anyway - I kind of like "Psysex". At first it's really lame because it has the "sex" in it, but when pronounced it becomes "SysEx" - system exclusive :)

-A

Oh, I forgot - I recently stared at the title of the new BUS album - it's neat in the same way, because at first it's nonsensical: "more business link you there"... But on closer inspection, and with an open mind: "More bus, less slinky out here" :D or am I messed up again?

personaly, i think shpongle makes sense

hallucinogen makes sense, partly because when he started using that name, there weren't 3 million artists with drug-associations in their names as there are today.

Personaly i can't understand all the Psy-stuff

like. im just gonna mindstorm here

PsyMan

PsyForce

PsyCraft

PsySpace

PsySide

PsyLife

PsyMushroom

PsyMotherfuckingYah

PsyBitch

how many fucking Psy are there out there by now? i get them all mixed up.

I call myself Verb. and it actualy means something, and it just so happens that i can greatly identify with all that it means. so it makes sense, and also my music is kindah like verbs anyway. and so am i as a person.

That is one of my all time favourites too (although I have many).

I heard it first on Flying Rhino's Singularity (great comp!!) and always wanted (but never got) to hear more of there stuff  :(

504771[/snapback]

There was only ever one more Unconscious Collective track written by the original lineup, and it is unreleased to this day - "Cosmic Ken's Magical Spaceship". Crazy tune. It was written at Steve's parent's house while they were out on holiday, by me, Steve, Nigel, Tim and Jeremy (aka Starseed), and perhaps because we were unused to the sound of the room it never sounded good enough to release - very muddy, and the kick was way too quiet. Unfortunately, although I still have the Cubase file for it we no longer have the samples or much of the kit it was written on, so there's not much chance of a remix. Much better to move on and write new tunes!

You might be interested to know though that 'way back when', we did a dub version of Fluorostani Transcendance which will probably be released when we get round to doing an Unconscious Collective album... UC is now the home to the chillout side of what we do as OOOD though, so don't expect 10 unreleased dancefloor killarghs. :)

It's immensely gratifying to have been involved in the creation of a piece of music that seems to have touched so many people's lives in such a positive way. Even at the time we knew that track was something special and for people to be mentioning it 10 years down the line is just... awesome. More than I could ever have expected.

It's immensely gratifying to have been involved in the creation of a piece of music that seems to have touched so many people's lives in such a positive way.  Even at the time we knew that track was something special and for people to be mentioning it 10 years down the line is just... awesome.  More than I could ever have expected.

509927[/snapback]

"A piece of music"? You have done more than one piece of music that has touched people lives. :)

You might be interested to know though that 'way back when', we did a dub version of Fluorostani Transcendance which will probably be released when we get round to doing an Unconscious Collective album... UC is now the home to the chillout side of what we do as OOOD though, so don't expect 10 unreleased dancefloor killarghs. :)

509927[/snapback]

Cool! I'll be looking forward to that album :)

with all those dreads you allready have :P

509934[/snapback]

Funnily enough, the weight of them has caused the skin on my scalp to stretch down past my ears; the folds of extra skin tend to collect mucus from my sinuses so when I have a cold they inflate with snot and it actually does make my head twice as big as it should be.

Funnily enough, the weight of them has caused the skin on my scalp to stretch down past my ears; the folds of extra skin tend to collect mucus from my sinuses so when I have a cold they inflate with snot and it actually does make my head twice as big as it should be.

509938[/snapback]

Ah, more headroom. No need for 32bits anymore :o

Everything that is a cliché, most importantly all kinds of drug refences and psy-something or something-psy, except Psykovsky, because it's so clever. I could adopt the name Psibelius because I'm from Finland and we have a classical composer called Sibelius.

And then there is the class of highly refined taste, exemplified by the likes of Analog Pussy.

509938[/snapback]

:huh::o:blink: TMI. :lol:

psycomedy

angry dwarf

naked tourist

texas faggot

frogacult

phony orphants

squaremeat

burn in noise

crazy lions cult

kick bong

rinkadink

paper squad

psytrain (ok, i understand psysex, psyfactor etc., but this??)

soundless

breacking dishes

earsugar

candy power

baggage handlers

and wtf is Toï Doï ?

mr biscuit (i think mr peculiar is ok)

analog pussy

Grapes Of Wrath

green nuns of the revolution

burning style

oszilla

twelve monkies

bushman

super punk

etc

naked tourist

rinkadink

Grapes Of Wrath

512802[/snapback]

Naked Tourist will be in Montreal (6 hour drive from me) this weekend!!!

I think it's a very cool name! :P

Rinkadink!?? :o .......Vana rules man! Love his project name! :wub:

Grapes of Wrath... Different and memorable too! Great name as well! :D

IMO anyway........ :rolleyes:

green nuns of the revolution

512802[/snapback]

Are you crazy ? It's one of the best names in the scene ! It's so right ! :D

512979[/snapback]

I have to agree, green nuns of the revolution (while silly) is a really cool name.