The Full-On as i see it

I thought about it and that's how i see the full-on scene today

I might be wrong and perhaps i didn't include all the names.

But there it is:

Kiddy (Cheesy) Full-On

Endorsed by mainly Israeli labels like Com.Pact, Utopia, USTA and Trancelucent.

Features prolific artists like Bizarre Contact, Ananda Shake, Miditec, Beat Hackers and more

Usual crowd: teenagers and shirtless arsim (chavs, mitras and such).

Killargh Full-On

Founded by Ex Metal Heads, Ex Gabba Heads or current Meth freaks.

Very popular in Russia, USA and lately gathers many fans in the holy land as well.

Notable labels: Deja Vu, Devils Mind, Mistress of Evil

Usual crowd: the label owners and their friends

Veterans Full-On AKA Geriatric Full-On

Made by people that were big in the Goa period but now trying to relive the vibe. They usually fail.

Notable artists: Astral Projection, Etnica, Dado, Space Cat

Fob'aaaa Full-on

Full of breaks full-on.

Notable artist: Ass Ki Mo

Usual crowd: See Kiddy Full-On

Pop Full-On

Usually concieved by people that were previously in the Veterans Full-On and were tempted by the green papers to round some edges and to add some vocals to their tunes.

Notable artists: Infected Mushroom, Yahel, Hypersonic, Future Prophecy, Skazi

UK Full-On

Usually made by UK artists and usually borders the progressive side

Notable labels: Twisted, Dragonfly, Organic, Wild Things

Israeli Full-On that doesn't fall in the previous sub-genres:

They do different stuff ok?

Notable artists: Hujaboy, Psysex, Domestic, Pixel, Panick

French Full-On

That's a lie, there's no French Full-On today, they all moved to Ibiza

Notable artists: Dado, Talamasca, Christof, Dimitry.

3rd World Full-On

All the Full-On that comes from the weird places like Brazil, Portugal and Hungary, Malta

Notable artists: Wrecked Machines, Blisagorgon Something, Audialize

Edit: nobody really knows where is Hungary and who are Blisagorgon Something but their name sounds weird enough to get included.

Swedish Forest Full-On

Yes it's Full-On for me.

Notable artists: Derango, Ka-Sol, don't know any else

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was going to argue on the appearance of etnica in that list, but then it crossed my mind, Sharp is already two years old.

so yeh, they earn their place in it today.

excellent categorizing there btw.

edit: you just had to add ka-sol there did you :rolleyes: the last of the lone derangers

Respect :)

Well, yes that's how it is... I'd also add Silicon Sound to French Full On... but isn't the second category called dark or something?

453125[/snapback]

Not for me. Can't see anything dark about their music. Delta and old X-Dream is dark.

Psykovsky is not dark.

Not for me. Can't see anything dark about their music. Delta and old X-Dream is dark.

Psykovsky is not dark.

453127[/snapback]

Although what is dark is something subjective (like everything is this world) I believe that a dark pad, a dark bass and some metallic sounds don't make a dark track. This is why X-Dream were never dark for me. Delta are dark, but most of the tech-trance artists are 'let's make dark' music and not pure dark. If you know what I mean.... Anyway different ppl-different tastes.

About your list.

The second category is not KILLARGH. Labels like these:Deja Vu, Devils Mind, Mistress of Evil are not killargh music.

You forgot two full-on categories IMO:

The real kilargh full on:

Suppose to be hard but it's not and they use many guitars.

Artists: Skazi, Skazi and Skazi. (Ok they're more. Paranormal Attack for example)

Blasting Full On aka THE REAL Full On:

Different fromany kind you mentioned. Hard, aggressive, blasting, this is what Full On means after all. ALso still melodic but not cheesy.

Artists: Shift, Twisted System, Phyx, CPU (firts album), Absolum, Killer Buds, Phatmatix, Azax Syndrom (2002-2004 tracks) etc.

:)

Oh shit and the SA Full-On of course that started as a huge promise and well, every dream has it's bitter end.

I still love Rinkadink though.

453144[/snapback]

LOL about SA. Don't tell me you're one of them who believes that Shift-Insane is better than Toxic Shake for example. :blink:

Oh yea there is!

Psychedelic Minimal. That's about the only Psychedelic sub genre that remained true to it's origins. Check Sensient's albums

It's minimal how can it changed? :unsure: It's the same for years and it will still be. Same thing again and again and again.

Although what is dark is something subjective (like everything is this world) I believe that a dark pad, a dark bass and some metallic sounds don't make a dark track. This is why X-Dream were never dark for me. Delta are dark, but most of the tech-trance artists are 'let's make dark' music and not pure dark. If you know what I mean.... Anyway different ppl-different tastes.

About your list.

The second category is not KILLARGH. Labels like these:Deja Vu, Devils Mind, Mistress of Evil are not killargh music.

You forgot two full-on categories IMO:

The real kilargh full on:

Suppose to be hard but it's not and they use many guitars.

Artists: Skazi, Skazi and Skazi. (Ok they're more. Paranormal Attack for example)

Blasting Full On aka THE REAL Full On:

Different fromany kind you mentioned. Hard, aggressive, blasting, this is what Full On means after all. ALso still melodic but not cheesy.

Artists: Shift, Twisted System, Phyx, CPU (firts album), Absolum, Killer Buds, Phatmatix, Azax Syndrom (2002-2004 tracks) etc.

:)

453143[/snapback]

I agree with you partially. But donno none of the artists you mentioned are making IMHO interesting or innovative Full-On. They all kinda stuck in the same presets and sounds. Absolum and CPU sound the same for some years now. And SA music used to be innovative but it already became the same generic sound that the Israeli Full-On became earlier. I just heard the last Hydraglyph, Pitch Hikers and Artifakt albums and it just sounds tired. Artifakt used to bring the pearls of every compilation he appeared in, and the album was like behhhhh. And don't let me get started on Damage and his CC album....

LOL about SA. Don't tell me you're one of them who believes that Shift-Insane is better than Toxic Shake for example.  :blink:

It's minimal how can it changed?  :unsure:  It's the same for years and it will still be. Same thing again and again and again.

453150[/snapback]

Of course i prefer Shift over Onan's Shake and Tripe Vibe any day. But it stills sounds like nothing happened in the last 2 years. Ok, the BPM's increased a bit. Wow.

As for Sensient, just give him a chance. It's harder to digest but it surely 100% more evolving and intelligent than the Pith Hikers album for example.

But that's just my opinion.

BTW, i do like Full-On a lot. Scorb for instance or Panick. Those guys really do their own thing.

I agree with you partially. But donno none of the artists you mentioned are making IMHO interesting or innovative Full-On. They all kinda stuck in the same presets and sounds. Absolum and CPU sound the same for some years now. And SA music used to be innovative but it already became the same generic sound that the Israeli Full-On became earlier. I just heard the last Hydraglyph, Pitch Hikers and Artifakt albums and it just sounds tired. Artifakt used to bring the pearls of every compilation he appeared in, and the album was like behhhhh. And don't let me get started on Damage and his CC album....

453153[/snapback]

What's CC? Chemical Crew? They suck IMO!

About SA now. I really believe that they have changed a lot. Back in 2003 when they started releasing stuff they were more techno stuff with no melodies. Just a fats bass, phat percussion and some fx. Now days they're melodic, many ideas, climaxes etc. If you don't believe me listen to the Shift-Excession album. Innovative full on IMO.

About CPU you're right, He was a God back in 2003 but he's second album was dissapointing. Absolum though still has he's 'Inside The Sphere' aggressive style. Inside The Sphere BTW is a perfect example that how a more full on album can be better that the early techno-oriented stuff-> Wild. Kinda boring IMO. <_<

Of course i prefer Shift over Onan's Shake and Tripe Vibe any day. But it stills sounds like nothing happened in the last 2 years. Ok, the BPM's increased a bit. Wow.

As for Sensient, just give him a chance. It's harder to digest but it surely 100% more evolving and intelligent than the Pith Hikers album for example.

But that's just my opinion.

BTW, i do like Full-On a lot. Scorb for instance or Panick. Those guys really do their own thing.

453161[/snapback]

Sensient ain't bad. :)

What I mean about minimal is that it can't changed dramatically because..... it's minimal. There are few things to change in a minimal style track. Know what I mean, right?

Sensient ain't bad.  :)

What I mean about minimal is that it can't changed dramatically because..... it's minimal. There are few things to change in a minimal style track. Know what I mean, right?

453169[/snapback]

Most of the minimal sucks. Just as most of the Full-On sucks and just as most of the Progressive sucks.

I wasn't stating that Full-On is inferior to the rest. It's just the amounts of it today are beyond comprehension.

Killargh Full-On

Founded by Ex Metal Heads, Ex Gabba Heads or current Meth freaks.

Very popular in Russia, USA and lately gathers many fans in the holy land as well.

Notable labels: Deja Vu, Devils Mind, Mistress of Evil

Usual crowd: the label owners and their friends

453117[/snapback]

hehehe. that's funny.

KaSol full on ?

My god, we're going to release Full on music in 2 months !

Hold me people i'm gonna faint !!!

453182[/snapback]

Oh, yahey. SunTrip the killaaarrgghh label. Be sure to change your logo to a pentagram.