Ethnic Recomendations

Starlancer

1.Tom Heasley - Desert Triptych [ didgeridoo = main element, i've reviewed this,2005 section]

2.Vidnaobmana - Spore [2003] [didgeridoo is just an element here, rich ambience]

3.David Hudson - Rainbow Serpent

4.David Hudson & Steve Roach - The Art of Didjeridu

5.Gary Thomas - Ancient Sound Of The Future

1.Tom Heasley - Desert Triptych [ didgeridoo = main element, i've reviewed this,2005 section]

2.Vidnaobmana - Spore [2003]  [didgeridoo is just an element here, rich ambience]

3.David Hudson - Rainbow Serpent

4.David Hudson & Steve Roach - The Art of Didjeridu

5.Gary Thomas - Ancient Sound Of The Future

445361[/snapback]

also, sir eel - shiva subcontractor

• 2 months later...

This Diablo 2 soundtrack is sooo good! I'm listening it right now and wonder where did the other file, hl-track_13.mp3, came from?

When I listened to your sample toru.mp3 I was not particularly impressed, but when I downloaded the soundtrack in the meantime and found out in which context the track appears (didn't bother to check the ID3 on your sample) and listened to it with the whole context and wasteland/desert Diablo 2 atmosphere fully loaded in my consciussness I was completely blown away. I don't remember but I think I even cried a bit. I was like: ^_^

Long live Matt Uelmen! :)

Thanks for the answer in advance :P

Ishq

Makyo

Puff Dragon

445138[/snapback]

TOIRES:

Oued [1998]

Sanati [2002]

445772[/snapback]

These are excellent recommendations and for sure the right ones for this topic.

I can add : AB DIDJERIDOO OBLIVION

This Diablo 2 soundtrack is sooo good! I'm listening it right now and wonder where did the other file, hl-track_13.mp3, came from?

When I listened to your sample toru.mp3 I was not particularly impressed, but when I downloaded the soundtrack in the meantime and found out in which context the track appears (didn't bother to check the ID3 on your sample) and listened to it with the whole context and wasteland/desert Diablo 2 atmosphere fully loaded in my consciussness I was completely blown away. I don't remember but I think I even cried a bit. I was like: ^_^

Long live Matt Uelmen! :)

Thanks for the answer in advance  :P

526194[/snapback]

Sorry, i have no idea of the other samples origin. These samples were given to me by another guy who was looking for similar tracks. I will ask him about it, but it might take some time.

The new Shulman album has some nice ethnic sounding tracks, although it has too many non-original (remixes) for my tastes. My favorite non-psy ethnic music is Ravi Shankar (indian) and Moktar-Al-Said (Middle eastern, not sure exactly where from).

hmm I got this maroc internet-radio

http://213.186.36.89:8000

They often play a lot of nice ethnic music!

HAve u heard:

Arabian Travels Vol.1&2,

full of great ethnic stuff some mixed with electronic other just plain ethinc vibes :)

More "happy" indian sounding:

Prem Joshua - Dance of Shakti

Its a bit new age kind'a but its alright.

Shaka Zulu

:ph34r:

For ethnic, I'd recommend

Adam Shiakh

Mayko

Ishq

makyo

puff dragon

enigma

deep forest

and

Gus Till's last album, electric oceans.

It's all chill out

445138[/snapback]

These are excellent recommendations, also try:

Kaya Project & Pedra Branca

...Generally the most ambient - chill artists have many ethnic elements in their music!!! :)