i got myself 1351 psytrance albums now.. here's my list.

Cinos, you're the most annoying prick on this forum - and that's saying a lot.  :huh:

356237[/snapback]

What did I say now? Anything in this topic is nothing compared to my more annoying posts.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would die for Ukiro's collection. He always tops me on records I want on eBay though like the Pleiadians Alcyone Promo that we had a bidwar with. Then came the Spectral release on subliminal records - I wasn't giving that one to him since he got the promo and the spectral was a lot cheaper too! What'd you pay for that promo, wasn't it like 162 USD?!?@!? plus shipping HEHEHE =]]]]]]]]] Anyways, I admire Ukiro's collection. Believe me, having something to invest in even if it's just plastic (yes, records are plastic and can melt, warp and numerous other things over time) is quite some fun. I collect vinyl not because it's oldskool, but because I know this median isn't going to be around forever.

My son will have "immense pleasure" from owning a phat goa collection someday when he grows up as well as a nice pimped out volkswagen just for him. I do it for my music love, I do it for my son's future of having a medium that no longer MAY exist! =] OH, I SAID IT, RECORDS JUST MIGHT DIE, but I will ALWAYS ENJOY THEM MORE THAN CDs.

I had an invention for a RECO-DISCMAN! With jogging being allowed. You could have your record bag behind you, and this big briefcase RECO-DISCMAN at your side. You could go running! Flip open the record bag, flip through your 40 albums, pull out one of the 3 12"'s from that particular album, and listen to a song or 3 and have it automatically read the other side. They do have a record player out there now that uses lasers to read them which is awesome for some lameass who can afford to drop 2500 dollars on one. =] I don't own any collector records, I own records I listen to! So, it wouldn't fair me anyways.

Music that sits is just music that's wasted! =]]]]]]] I'm done ranting. By the way, I have to say one more thing, way to go on reviving a 3 year old post nearly, fawk sakes. I guess I'll just go google old posts =]]]] to revive them tehe!

Aaron

Yeah that Pleiadians 12" cost me 83 quid or something, which is insane for a single track I already had on both CD and vinyl... BUT - that's one of the finest collectors items in the genre, and from one of the finest groups too. I don't regret that purchase at all, and 80 pounds is just about 10 days record shopping budget for me anyway! So viewed in that perspective it's not much. I have all the super-rare Etnica/Pleiadians/Crop Circles vinyls now, so completing that series felt very very nice, and was certainly worth a 80 pound expense. I later found another copy much cheaper (outside of eBay) and sold it for more than 80 pounds, so I got my money back eventually =)

I gave up on the Spectral 12" because I was very very low on money that time - I would love to complete Subliminal Records but I'm still missing 4 records there.

I would die for Ukiro's collection.  He always tops me on records I want on eBay though like the Pleiadians Alcyone Promo that we had a bidwar with.  Then came the Spectral release on subliminal records - I wasn't giving that one to him since he got the promo and the spectral was a lot cheaper too!  What'd you pay for that promo, wasn't it like 162 USD?!?@!? plus shipping HEHEHE =]]]]]]]]]  Anyways, I admire Ukiro's collection.  Believe me, having something to invest in even if it's just plastic (yes, records are plastic and can melt, warp and numerous other things over time) is quite some fun.  I collect vinyl not because it's oldskool, but because I know this median isn't going to be around forever.

My son will have "immense pleasure" from owning a phat goa collection someday when he grows up as well as a nice pimped out volkswagen just for him.  I do it for my music love, I do it for my son's future of having a medium that no longer MAY exist!  =]  OH, I SAID IT, RECORDS JUST MIGHT DIE, but I will ALWAYS ENJOY THEM MORE THAN CDs.

I had an invention for a RECO-DISCMAN!  With jogging being allowed.  You could have your record bag behind you, and this big briefcase RECO-DISCMAN at your side.  You could go running!  Flip open the record bag, flip through your 40 albums, pull out one of the 3 12"'s from that particular album, and listen to a song or 3 and have it automatically read the other side.  They do have a record player out there now that uses lasers to read them which is awesome for some lameass who can afford to drop 2500 dollars on one.  =]  I don't own any collector records, I own records I listen to!  So, it wouldn't fair me anyways.

Music that sits is just music that's wasted!  =]]]]]]]  I'm done ranting.  By the way, I have to say one more thing, way to go on reviving a 3 year old post nearly, fawk sakes.  I guess I'll just go google old posts =]]]] to revive them tehe! 

Aaron

356526[/snapback]

what if your son wont like goa :unsure: ?!

what if your son wont like goa  :unsure: ?!

356555[/snapback]

Hahaha, if he does not like it well, I can always make homemade goa tupperware! melt it down and pouroff into a mold and make plastic food containers, how fun! =]

Ukiro, yeah dude, it was worth it. I couldn't had afford going any higher than I did on it so I backed down and let you have it. That's a record for a frame =] which would look nice with the I.F.O. cover next to it in one of those record double frames. Funny, I frame some vinyl, but just for the cover art so... Anyways, Ukiro, your girlfriend is hot too! hahahaha. =]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Anyways - really, if my son doesn't like goa, which I already assume he might not because he seems to be more in tune with the ambience/soundscapey stuff I play, then I might just have to come here and trade my collection for a lot of LSD when I am on my deathbed (my way out of this world) *laughs*

Time to go pick up my car bright and early *yawns*

Aaron

my headphones are un-pwnable.

Posted Image

well, perhaps they arn't, but not by much.

356707[/snapback]

Actually those are pwned by quite a lot of other headphones, in sound quality. I've also read they break easily, but that I can't confirm.

I've also read they break easily, but that I can't confirm.

356709[/snapback]

I can confirm they break easily. I have 4 different friends I can think of off hand that had those and than them break on them rather quickly. All of them at the round tube-like swivel joint where they attach to the head-piece. They are quite well known for it actually, to the point where when I was shopping for some DJ-ing headphones the staff at the shop I was at even mentioned it. I was never really impressed with the sound quality of them either. Its not terrible, but my old roommate had those and at the time I just had some cheap $25 headphones and we both actually thought my cheap headphones sounded better, although not quite as well insulated soundwise.

• 4 years later...

This topic was fun to and make me realize how in 2005 was really l33t to own over 1000 records. now with discogs i see collections of over 4000 records so often and i think nobody is surprised no more (but tell they often are of mixed genres). On the Goa side i am happy to be one big collector myself and i always had so much joy in finding some rare obscure record and to discover it was worth the chase :).

Also i think joint/shared collection are a real rare thing nowadays.

This topic was fun to and make me realize how in 2005 was really l33t to own over 1000 records. now with discogs i see collections of over 4000 records so often and i think nobody is surprised no more (but tell they often are of mixed genres). On the Goa side i am happy to be one big collector myself and i always had so much joy in finding some rare obscure record and to discover it was worth the chase :).

I suppose I am on the opposite end of that cycle, having nearly sold or given away my entire collection :) Looking forward to the day where I have nothing left, no baggage!