Hallucinogen - Overrated?

Cinos

we have to give Hallucinogen some credit, but yes, he's over-rated. and over-hyped for nothing new.

427047[/snapback]

Over-rated? Over hyped?

Ever heard of an album called Twisted, it was delivered from the heavens in 1996 and remains the best example of goa-trance ever produced. No?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over-rated? Over hyped?

Ever heard of an album called Twisted, it was delivered from the heavens in 1996 and remains the best example of goa-trance ever produced. No?

427152[/snapback]

There's only one way to treat infidels. Let's do it the Shariah style. Off with their heads.

My patience is through.

Over-rated? Over hyped?

427152[/snapback]

yes, i have it. LSD is on the list of my favourite tunes ever, and the first or the second psy track i ever heard.

now we're 10 years later, i see no new album released under the name of Hallucinogen.

the fact that you think it's the best example of goa-trance ever produced doesn't change my mind about him being over-rated & over-hyped though. :)

i don't think there exists a number one in the goa-trance scene. you do. that's the difference.

yes, i have it. LSD is on the list of my favourite tunes ever, and the first or the second psy track i ever heard.

now we're 10 years later, i see no new album released under the name of Hallucinogen.

the fact that you think it's the best example of goa-trance ever produced doesn't change my mind about him being over-rated & over-hyped though. :)

i don't think there exists a number one in the goa-trance scene. you do. that's the difference.

427231[/snapback]

The fact he hasn't rushed out a third Hallucinogen album just makes the guy even more special in my opinion. How many artists with his reputation would resist the temptation to release an album that on name alone would sell by the bucket-load and make lots of money in the process? Very few, that's how many.

I've said this before but great artists stay true to themselves and produce music that turns them on, they do not cater to public demand.

I honestly don't see why we need to keep discussing whether Simon/Hallucinogen are good or not. People aren't going to start liking them because someone on a message board says they are killarghh, and vice versa. I am one of the people who loves Hallucinogen and the first 2 Shpongles, but if you don't like it that's fine. To each his own :)

Hallucinogen is overrated only in the individuals mind.

just because you don't happen to like hallucinogen's music shouldn't take your sense of objectiveness away.

How can anyone say LSD was nothing new in 1993?

FFS it's something new even today!

"the man's A GOD!"

427145[/snapback]

TRUE!!! Maybe the administration will bunn as all :lol::lol::lol:

hey taika-kim, are you alzo registered on KVRaudio? I downloaded some tracks from you there, really awesome stuff, i like the track flowers whatever? very very

much. Can you tell me what synths you use to make so good tracks or cut you send me some presets that you saved?

427043[/snapback]

Yeah, I usually post unfinished tracks to there for some feedback. It's really the best audio forum I know.

I use some VST plugins, mostly freeware stuff like Polyibit... Synth 1 is also great. Then some VST effects, what there is really to say? I don't think my presets would be of much use because I tend to like simple sounds, and I never the presets anyway... I used to have some synths, but using hardware is SO five minutes ago ;)

You can download all my music free from http://www.aavepyora.net , there's several albums, altough the older ones are a quite mixed bunch, quality-wise :)

Also if you want to see how my tracks are made, remix them or anything, the project files to most of them can be downloaded from http://psycle.pastnotecut.org/

If you must have some presets, Cosmosis has a ton of his Albino sounds on his webpage. But, well... they're just sounds, anybody can get the same ones with a bit of tweaking, the skill is in the overall production, live tweakage & creativeness...

The fact he hasn't rushed out a third Hallucinogen album just makes the guy even more special in my opinion.

427244[/snapback]

not in my opinnion. you're hyping. :P *i'm so evil*

How many artists with his reputation would resist the temptation to release an album that on name alone would sell by the bucket-load and make lots of money in the process? Very few, that's how many.

427244[/snapback]

many artists with his reputation don't see music making as a "temptation to release" :P

they usuyally make it cause they like/love what they do. posford didn't like his 2 albums anymore so he stopped?

i've seen artists excited about releasing a new album and loving their music, so yes, also hoping to sell some CDs and get some gigs. what's wrong with that? i don't see ANYTHING WRONG in artists wanting to be able to make enough money out of their music. i don't think you'd like to have to search for a second job so you could get by.

if i were a tallented artist i'd use my talent to make money. money is good. but i'd do it smart-way, not skazi-way.

I've said this before but great artists stay true to themselves and produce music that turns them on, they do not cater to public demand.

427244[/snapback]

yeah, i guess that's possible in a scene like psytrance, cause as long as you release something good, the public will never forget you. the advantages of being in a small, non-commercial scene.

i'm np: The Lone Deranger album as i type, it's a great album, but i don't feel the need to discuss Hallucinogen over and over again because of it. i'm just doing it cause i like you you know.

but i'm warning you, if you go on, i'm gonna have to consider pulling out traveller's "who fuckin' cares?" picture :lol::lol:

ok.. kidding :)

but i'm warning you, if you go on, i'm gonna have to consider pulling out traveller's "who fuckin' cares?" picture  :lol:  :lol: 

ok.. kidding :)

427738[/snapback]

You wouldn't really stoop that low, would you?

hallucinogen is shit!

427745[/snapback]

mmm not the first time I heard it ;)

but still it's like ages agoo the guy released a hallucinogen album,

ok he did a lot of other projects but it wasn't goatrance like we used to know,

Is hallucinogen overhyped ? = now

Is simon overhype ? = yés

allthough they are both the same, still simon produces other music and what he produces under hallucinogen is not that overhyped, it's like pleiadians, old but still good imo :)

just because you don't happen to like hallucinogen's music shouldn't take your sense of objectiveness away.

How can anyone say LSD was nothing new in 1993?

FFS it's something new even today!

"the man's A GOD!"

427145[/snapback]

Nothing more original and new and unique than Planet BEN - Trippy Future Garden in 1996 ...

;)

No way!

He really just is one of the few from back then I can still listen to without getting bored (I mean his old tracks and off course not all of them) but LSD, Orphic Thrench, Gamma Goblins and similar stuff is still great, only the best can stand the test of time, and he has!

Do you think his new Hallucinogen will be as travelling in a psychedelic dimension as the first two? .. Or will it be like his recent compilation tracks?

427941[/snapback]

Lets hope so! Younger Brother had some really trippy/nice shit (at the same time) *exampel: Crumblenaut*, I know thats a few years ago, but he still has the psychedelic edge thats for sure, and thats enough for me to the keep the hope up! :ph34r:

Lets hope so! Younger Brother had some really trippy/nice shit (at the same time) *exampel: Crumblenaut*, I know thats a few years ago, but he still has the psychedelic edge thats for sure, and thats enough for me to the keep the hope up! :ph34r:

427950[/snapback]

To be honest, I dont fancy the Younger Brother album that much. *hides*

koxbox!

from seeing both koxbox and hallucinogen live, simon is better for home listening but no one ive ever seen was as sick as koxbox/psychopod live and loud.

it was right when the great unknown came out so they hadnt gotten IMO as cheesy yet, sound was coming out of the speakers that seemed impossible.

koxbox!

from seeing both koxbox and hallucinogen live, simon is better for home listening but no one ive ever seen was as sick as koxbox/psychopod live and loud.

it was right when the great unknown came out so they hadnt gotten IMO as cheesy yet, sound was coming out of the speakers that seemed impossible.

427980[/snapback]

I can imagine! :)

(is sad cause haven't seen koxbox live :( )

was talking about year 1996 ;)

Trippy Future Garden was a much more original and fresh/new release than Twisted

although i think both are great albums

427992[/snapback]

I was pointing to the matter that there was indeed Planet BEN sounding music all the way back in 1993.

However, LSD in 1993 was shocking!

Both great albums yeah :)

yes Trippy Future Garden was released in 96, but the tracks in it are most from around 1993..

And "welcome to the future" from 1991!! Which I found bloody amazing...

http://www.discogs.com/image/R-143228-1103887726.jpg