Ugly Ducklings

seraph

I always mention Ubar Tmar's True in threads like these. It's a true masterpiece. There's nothing like it.

420539[/snapback]

of course!!

and not only true.. macrometasomacosmos rocks.. and basically all his work rocks so much!

(i think i keep agreeing with u about ubar tmar in these threads :P )

and there is a lot of underrated music to be found in the many releases of psy-harmonics.. their sound of course is not psytrance (since many years now) but there are some worthy trance stuff..

and of course newer masterpieces like shaolin wooden men - supermindway..

that is one psychedelic album :rolleyes:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow Seraph, thankyou very much - very flattering... I'll tell the lads!  It would be a fair amount of work to remaster the album (although I did design some new artwork for it a few years ago as people still as us for copies now and again) but if enough people were to express an interest I'd definitely consider it.  What's more exciting to me though is the prospect of re-engineering some of the tracks on that album (and others from the Time of Good Trance) and bringing them bang up-to-date production-wise but without fiddling with the writing/arrangement at all.  We've already remixed Kundalini a couple of times ;) and Silence, Spangled, Otherworld and perhaps a couple of others are also on the list.  It's a question of time and priorities - I've got a couple of projects on the go as it is right now.  B)

420531[/snapback]

God, I would LOVE to hear Silence reworked!!!

The first 4-5 minutes of that tune are so delicious - the main line is so

incredibly powerful. It is difficult to place the correct adjective on it but

there is a line from Milton's 'Paradise Lost' that goes something like:

...and they were like locusts, warping on the eastern wind.

\\n

wow Seraph, thankyou very much - very flattering... I'll tell the lads!  It would be a fair amount of work to remaster the album (although I did design some new artwork for it a few years ago as people still as us for copies now and again) but if enough people were to express an interest I'd definitely consider it.  What's more exciting to me though is the prospect of re-engineering some of the tracks on that album (and others from the Time of Good Trance) and bringing them bang up-to-date production-wise but without fiddling with the writing/arrangement at all.  We've already remixed Kundalini a couple of times ;) and Silence, Spangled, Otherworld and perhaps a couple of others are also on the list.  It's a question of time and priorities - I've got a couple of projects on the go as it is right now.  B)

420531[/snapback]

Heh, Colin, there is nothing more that I want to hear from you than a remix or whatever of OTHERWORLD ! That is easily one of the juciest psychedelic tunes ever, man...keep them rolling...

SILENCE !!! Whooo! Waiting for more of the brain twisting...

I say, remaster the bloody thing, I am sure MANY will enjoy in it now...;)

of course!!

and not only true..  macrometasomacosmos rocks..  and basically all his work rocks so much!

It doesn't matter if it's über psychedelic music like True or ultra melodic like Eigou Kaiki, it's all very unique.

(i think i keep agreeing with u about ubar tmar in these threads :P )

:)

and there is a lot of underrated music to be found in the many releases of psy-harmonics..  their sound of course is not psytrance (since many years now) but there are some worthy trance stuff..

and of course newer masterpieces like shaolin wooden men - supermindway..

that is one psychedelic album  :rolleyes:

420616[/snapback]

Yeah, Supermindway is yet another incredible and brilliant masterpiece that didn't get enough attention. Easily one of my favorite albums.

Psyko Disko - Psyko Disko

[psyharmonics, Australian style.. ]

420818[/snapback]

Agreed, thats one crafty album :)

I`d wager that the reason psyH releases are rarely noticed is that they lack proper distribution.

Look at the other Aussie labels, Demon tea , Edgecore...

Not to mention the Jap stuff, Equinox, Elejam, Comma...

I totally agree, Psyko Disko is great. I think Ollie Olsen and Gus Till were involved.

Edit: they weren't, according to discogs... I always screw up :)

Edit: yes, ollie olsen was involved. Phew!

Guest Elysium

I totally agree, Psyko Disko is great. I think Ollie Olsen and Gus Till were involved.

421432[/snapback]

indeed. true psychedelic music. People who say today's "psy" is psychedelic should take a listen to some of the old masters such as:

third eye (Australia)

shaolin wooden men (Australia)

orichalum (Denmark)

etc. etc. ect.

then they might get the point why some of us oldies protest when they write that fullon is psychedelic ;)

Guest Elysium

Orichalcum is ok, not a favorite of mine.... However, Third Eye has an old album with kind of synth-pop flavour. Really weird.

421435[/snapback]

Try and look at these:

Third Eye releases

Especially Ancient Future is amazing.

Guest Elysium

They (Orichalum) do not excist anymore but Besucht (I never seem to spell his name right) is still active as a DJ.

I think profane know more :)

They (Orichalum) do not excist anymore but Besucht (I never seem to spell his name right) is still active as a DJ.

I think profane know more :)

421441[/snapback]

why insist typing it "Orichalum"? everywhere, including album cover it's typed "Orichalcum"

:D

421691[/snapback]

OWNED.

true Pysko Disko was great

but is it underrated??

they were quite known and well respected in the scene

at early goa parties you could hear a track from them surely

they also have organized mostly fred I guess a lot of parties too

maybe the scene was small to make them known for a lot of people

but that few people loved them as far as I know

hmm maybe underrated now you mean

I still play and love my psyko disko vinyl