D-Nox & Beckers

amphiton

PLZ, let's not get into a pointless discussion about how somebody DID or did NOT act? Not to pick any sides but I've known lots of artists to be absolute shitheads from time to time, but that doesn't change their music, does it? I try not to jump to conclusions about anyone untill I can speak from personal experience & even then it might just be "bad timing"...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherlock, you always seemed so wise and level-headed to me, how come this sudden outburst of accusations? I wouldnt be surprised if certain other members acted like this, but I expected better of you. I guess that just proves the whole point, even good people have their shitty moments sometimes.....

And I pretty much agree with SEPH, accept that stupid line "because we all know how brasilians like this blablabla and anything is a good subject for a forum... come on!!". Was that really necessary? With a statement like that you kinda disqualify your otherwise very good post.

Guest Elysium

Ok I am going to interupt here and give you my 2 cents.

First of all it strike me as quite funny that SEPH (whoever that is) only sign up to defend his "good friend" and at the same time fail misserable to act according to his own preaching. SEPH maybe it was a good idea to cumminicate your "message" in a less offensive way?

Secondly. As I wrote earlier Christian is a ok guy but he does have a slightly arrogant attitude toward people at times. I myself have experienced it. Now I do not say that he is a bad guy. not at all. But in my example (I can only speak of what I have experienced) he should have thought twice before saying what he said to me. I wont get into what the example is all about and I am not trying to mock him or anything. But I suggest that people stop saying that Sherlock make up stories. I too have heard those stories about Christian and from people I do trust very much who happened to be there at the wrong time. Again I do not judge Christian. I am the first to understand how stressful it can be to travel a lot and to have a very busy schedule. I do also not think Christian is a bad person. Not at all. He is indeed also very kind and giving. But as I said. He does not always act correctly. We all have good and bad sides of us. That's how things work in the real life.

I heard things that I wont talk about here.. but what a friend did see himself (and I was there in the later part of this story):

in Alto Paraiso, dnox was staying in this small hotel/bed and breakfast place that a friend of mine was too..  He wanted something (I dont remember exactly what)..  and he was asking this humble guy who worked here for what he wanted... But the guy didnt speak english (like most brazillians dont)

and d-nox kept insisting that the guy had to understand him.. He was being quite agressive, really making the guy feel super-bad, be ashamed....

and this lady was translating for the guy, but dnox was like: "no, I dont want you to translate, HE has to speak english, its his obligation" (or smt like that.. )..  and the humble worker was really unconfortable with it..  later a friend went to talk to the poor guy.. and the guy said like: 'what can I do, he wants me to speak english, but I dont! I never had the money and nor the opportunity for it..  this sucks, I feel bad"

now tell me thats a good attitude of his?  sorry but even if Im super stressed out, I would never humiliate some poor humble worker for something he simply cant do

420965[/snapback]

you cannot expect everybody to speak english in a "small hotel / bed & breakfast".

and then, if you want 5 stars treatment, treat 5 stars.

i've seen nice people doing the opposite: going to a foreign country and trying to speak few basic words in the local language (even though both parts in dialogue knew english), to show their appreciation. but those were nice people.

about the music, i've nothing to say. i only know Switch. i won't talk shit about Switch, as you nice people don't bash full on either. :lol::lol:

sorry it was just a joke cause i see the people who gathered in this thread :P

Sherlock, you always seemed so wise and level-headed to me, how come this sudden outburst of accusations? I wouldnt be surprised if certain other members acted like this, but I expected better of you. I guess that just proves the whole point, even good people have their shitty moments sometimes.....

And I pretty much agree with SEPH, accept that stupid line "because we all know how brasilians like this blablabla and anything is a good subject for a forum... come on!!". Was that really necessary? With a statement like that you kinda disqualify your otherwise very good post.

422042[/snapback]

what do you mean by "I expected better of you"?

information is good for people, information is food for the brain, and i doubt alien is a liar. why would he talk shit?

i don't know but .. i like it when people that make good music are also nice people.

if you make nice music but you're an asshole, then you know where you can stick your music.

and i don't like having a false image on people. it can be pretty annoying to discover somebody is the opposite image of what they express.

what do you mean by "I expected better of you"?

information is good for people, information is food for the brain, and i doubt alien is a liar. why would he talk shit?

i don't know but .. i like it when people that make good music are also nice people.

if you make nice music but you're an asshole, then you know where you can stick your music.

and i don't like having a false image on people. it can be pretty annoying to discover somebody is the opposite image of what they express.

422067[/snapback]

Yeah, but the information he spread is pure hear-say and rumours and just one little story, and I know from first hand-experience, and from Fluffy, who knows D-Nox very, very well, that D-Nox is nothing like Alien said here. Ive met a couple of "artists" , and D-Nox was certainly amongst the nicest and most unpretentious of all of them.

In german we have a word for what alien did, its called "Rufmord", loosely translated as "Reputation Murder". And look what Alien accomplished, you already called D-Nox an "asshole" in your post. That how bad rumours get started, and they just build and build and build. And D-Nox certainly doesnt deserve that. He might have had a bad day, but he certainly isnt an asshole, as you just claimed.

And with "I expected better of you" Im trying to get at the fact that Alien always makes these Über-wise and Über-mature comments about everyone, and they are always great and sensible comments, but then he falls back to an elementary school level here accusing someone who cant defend himself on a public forum. There are others here where this behavior would have been perfectly normal (im not gonna mention any names), but not for Alien, at least i thought so.

well, ok, i understand your point.

in my post i was generalising. i didn't mean for it to look as if i have already labeled D-Nox as an "asshole", i don't rush to conclusions that quickly.

that's why i started my sentence with "if", i just wanted to express an idea. i am very much against discrimination based on economical/financial level or educational level.

do you treat people bad when you have a bad day Alex? and then you go to people and tell them: "oh man i've been bad in Maroc, i treated a local bad, wanna know details about it?". it's not something that people show off, is it?

i've seen stuff like this happen here as well (in my country). the fact that you have more money than me doesn't give you the right to treat me bad, even if you JUST had a bad day.

but i have gone way too off topic, i apologise for this.

Guest Elysium

Personally i don't have the need to be a superstar dj to be an asshole. Just give me a reason and i'll verbally rape you. Just try me mofo's. I am Israeli, we invented rudeness.

422229[/snapback]

I will soon start to charge copyright money for those words.

Mofo and FOBaaaaa are Patrick Visions and my copyright. Pay up dude or I will verbally torture you :angry:

:):):)

Edited by Elysium

Oh, I see, when I was living in Brazil we had 10 people working at our house, two of them actually slept at our house, and for the first few weeks we treated all our servants as equals, good western europeans that we are. We let the housemaids eat at our table etc... But, the housemaids were always really uncomfortable with that and started to run from the table as fast as they could, even though we tried to be very nice with them. So after a while they started to eat at their own table. After a while our relationship with the employees changed because they were around us all the time, and you cannot act normal if you have equals around you, so you start seeing the employees as part of the inventory, and start doing your thing no matter if they are there or not.

We were still nice to them and talked to them and everything, but a definite master-servant relationhip established itself, something i thought unimaginable half a year earlier. I didnt even regard them as people anymore, because otherwise their mere presence would have driven me crazy. But I never treated our servants badly or screamed at them, I just started to ignore them. A little friendly "Hi, how is it going", and that was it.

But that was in brazil, in germany we dont have servants anymore, I have just a cleaning lady, and I get along with her perfectly.

Guest Elysium

Oh, I see, when I was living in Brazil we had 10 people working at our house, two of them actually slept at our house, and for the first few weeks we treated all our servants as equals, good western europeans that we are. We let the housemaids eat at our table etc... But, the housemaids were always really uncomfortable with that and started to run from the table as fast as they could, even though we tried to be very nice with them. So after a while they started to eat at their own table.  After a while our relationship with the employees changed because they were around us all the time, and you cannot act normal if you have equals around you, so you start seeing the employees as part of the inventory, and start doing your thing no matter if they are there or not.

We were still nice to them and talked to them and everything, but a definite master-servant relationhip established itself, something i thought unimaginable half a year earlier. I didnt even regard them as people anymore, because otherwise their mere presence would have driven me crazy. But I never treated our servants badly or screamed at them, I just started to ignore them. A little friendly "Hi, how is it going", and that was it.

But that was in brazil, in germany we dont have servants anymore, I have just a cleaning lady, and I get along with her perfectly.

422260[/snapback]

you spoiled brat :huh:

:):):)

Im not spoiled, its not my fault that my dad is a multi-millionaire :P

422269[/snapback]

Admit it: Your real name is Paris Hilton!!!! :ph34r:

Sherlock - I know you had no intention to trash Christian, but it has sort of become this. Publicly posting negative stories that you have only heard from friends, or that your friends have heard from employees, or that they read on a bathroom wall or tatooed on some hooker's back - without having actually seen it first-hand - is IMO inappropriate. This is how undue bad reputations come about.

Again, I know Christian, I know what kind of a person he is, and I know that he is not the type of person that would purposely humiliate a person for not knowing English (or for any reason, for that matter). He's a nice guy just like you or me. You have to remember, having not seen it personally, that even if there was some encounter between him and the hotel employee, it was taking place in a language which is native to none of the people involved. Misunderstandings are common when nobody is speaking or hearing their native language. Stories also get embellished (whether intentionally or not) when passed from one person to another. This is why I won't base a negative opinion of a person on stories of experiences that I didn't see myself.

Perceptions of arrogance are also something that can be falsely obtained, as well. If somebody is tired, sick, high or just in a bad mood, they might not be receptive to conversation or may seem unintentionally rude. I know I've seemed that way before (often stemming from my unease speaking conversational German in a party setting), and I consider myself a pretty friendly and approachable person most of the time.

I know you are not trying to purposely soil his reputation, but when somebody posts questionable something about a friend of mine that is 100% contrary to what I have *always* seen of them, I'm going to call bullshit. I'd do the same if somebody posted similar things about GaySatanicHilton...er...Hippie that sounded like BS. Unless of course it had something to do with him molesting a 15-year-old groupie backstage, which would probably be true - but I would defend him on that anyways since most likely I would have been involved too and the lawyers always recommend covering your bases even if you aren't indicted yet. :ph34r:

And even *if* that story really did happen as passed down the line, I've got to say that Christian was a helluva lot nicer to fucking cabana boys than I ever am. I usually strip 'em down to their briefs and ride them around the swimming pool like a bucking bronco while I make them scream (in English, of course) "ride mee like a cowboy, meester krelm" while I dangle a $5 bill from a string just out of their reach. They only scream when I kick them with my spurs.

And you don't even want to know what GaySatanicHippie does with them....

:P

PLZ, let's not get into a pointless discussion about how somebody DID or did NOT act? Not to pick any sides but I've known lots of artists to be absolute shitheads from time to time, but that doesn't change their music, does it? I try not to jump to conclusions about anyone untill I can speak from personal experience & even then it might just be "bad timing"...

422031[/snapback]

yep thats what I said.. regardless of what he is or not, he makes/plays good music, so at least for me, thats what I care about...

422042[/snapback]

Yeah, but the information he spread is pure hear-say and rumours and just one little story, and I know from first hand-experience, and from Fluffy, who knows D-Nox very, very well, that D-Nox is nothing like Alien said here. Ive met a couple of "artists" , and D-Nox was certainly amongst the nicest and most unpretentious of all of them.

In german we have a word for what alien did, its called "Rufmord", loosely translated as "Reputation Murder". And look what Alien accomplished, you already called D-Nox an "asshole" in your post. That how bad rumours get started, and they just build and build and build. And D-Nox certainly doesnt deserve that.  He might have had a bad day, but he certainly isnt an asshole, as you just claimed.

And with "I expected better of you" Im trying to get at the fact that Alien always makes these Über-wise and Über-mature comments about everyone, and they are always great and sensible comments, but then he falls back to an elementary school level here accusing someone who cant defend himself on a public forum. There are others here where this behavior would have been perfectly normal (im not gonna mention any names), but not for Alien, at least i thought so.

422135[/snapback]

to others:

on one hand, if I look back at what I wrote, it seems some sort of gossip.. which is indeed some lower childish act.. maybe its this weird necessity we have of speaking even when we dont need to.. the fear of unconfortable silences, the desire to make a part of conversations.....

or, it could have been something else.. if we have information we consider other people would like to know, we spread it.. it could have been a more neutral act.. Should we only talk good about people? good about music? Are we not allowed to say the bad things too? We can say how this or that artist was friendly with us, but we cant say when he wasnt? Maybe its because you guys identify with him, and when we identify with someone, and that someone/something is attacked, we feel personally attacked... so then you guys try to 'defend yourselves' as if you were him...

Im putting all my thoughts about this question here..

One thing that striked me when reading all your posts, is that over and over there is an attempt to discredit my story.. Saying its 'hearsay', it's 'misunderstanding', or whatever.. what about considering the possibility that it was true? I saw that very little... yes, maybe I indeed acted in a negative way by 'gossiping', but that has no relation with the story and how d-nox himself acted...

I still am not sure about my intentions and motives when writting that story.. but it happened...

so back to the 'two sides' (about my own action).. Either it was some 'neutral' information spreading, and just the same as when someone speaks good about some artist, other people have the right to say bad things about artists... and in that way, I keep my opinion..

or on the other hand, I was indeed childish, and d-nox's mistake doesnt justify my own mistake of gossiping. in that way, I am sorry for how I acted and go right now through a half remorse-of-conscience (half because I really dont know which of the two sides is more true)... if when I die I go through another half remorse-of-conscience for this action, this means you guys were right and I did acted childishly :D

ok thats it for now.. maybe we should go back to talking about their music?

anybody also sees some resemblance between dnox - seven hours and dnox and beckers - the day after? Its been a while since I listened to both tracks, but I remembered it seemed the first time I listened to seven hours as if it was a remix of the day after...

and another thing: how is beckers djing? is he any good? or is he a good producer only?

you D-Nox lovers :rolleyes: next time i see you bashing full on artists i'll come and get you! :lol:

okok, lets get serious. i say both parts have few good points here, and if both parts are ready to accept eachothers' point of view, then we should move on.

of course, unless anyone feels harmed from these discussions, in which case, please speak up, and let's solve the problem.

I am Israeli, we invented rudeness.

422229[/snapback]

Ha... haha... hahaha...

Man that's like sad, yet deeply hilarious...

lol...

A wise man once said: "It's funny cuz it's true" (i think it was ralph from simpsons, not sure)...

you D-Nox lovers  :rolleyes: next time i see you bashing full on artists i'll come and get you!  :lol:

423053[/snapback]

it has nothing to do with full-on or not full-on, it has to do with bashing a person. If someone bashes d-nox music i wouldnt give a fuck, because like i said earlier i dont think his productions are that great.

but anyways, fuck it, lets all hug :wub: :wub: come here alien :wub:

Guest Elysium

it has nothing to do with full-on or not full-on, it has to do with bashing a person. If someone bashes d-nox music i wouldnt give a fuck, because like i said earlier i dont think his productions are that great.

but anyways, fuck it, lets all hug :wub: :wub: come here alien :wub:

423194[/snapback]

Actually I agree.

As a solo artist D-Nox have a long way to go IMO. Beckers is the man!

And I reserve the right to bash horrrible bad Fullon or progressive or or or as much as I like. :)

I do NOT hug men that do NOT have a full rich mustache! :angry: