10/10

Ov3rdos3

Guest Astro Cortex

Can people grasp the idea that 10/10 album is an album where there isn't single second you'd change?

10/10 album is an album where every track is equally good as they all have to be 10/10 tracks that the album would be 10/10.

f.ex. Hallucinogen's twisted

I for once think that "shamanix" is far better track than "alpha centauri".

Hypotetically, if "shamanix" would be 10/10, "alpha centauri" then couldn't.

And from that conclusion, "twisted" can't reach the 10/10 status.

Can you people honestly say that not a single track rises above from f.ex. "twisted" album?

ps. sorry for being a little grumpy old fag here... gotta go out get some fresh air. :)

407157[/snapback]

In my view an album can still be "perfect" if you like some tracks on it more than others, more than ever if your favorite track changes all the time :) .

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10/10 & perfect albums are a bit exagerated & more than  subjective concepts  ;)

407171[/snapback]

0% contribution detected.

and actully, if someone claims a certain album is 10/10. at the very least....it would still probably be a pretty good album. even if it is subjective. That is the point of this thread.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

0% contribution detected.

and actully, if someone claims a certain album is 10/10. at the very least....it would still probably be a pretty good album. even if it is subjective. That is the point of this thread.

407176[/snapback]

how about your 3 tons of 'skazi killargh' you posted in every thread some months ago ? :P:lol:

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

bashing skazi IS contribution.

viva la resistance

407189[/snapback]

when it's 3 tons by day it's boring , redundant & childish, the best to get rid off him if you did really want it, was to simply ignore him. More you talk about the guy more you give him free advertising :P

when it's 3 tons by day it's boring , redundant & childish, the best to get rid off him if you did really want it, was to simply ignore him. More you talk about the guy more you give him free advertising  :P

407192[/snapback]

i havent bashed skazi in about 6 months actually. ive moved on.

....it was a long time ago......it was the 80's...and i needed the money....*breaks down in tears...*

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

i havent bashed skazi in about 6 months actually. ive moved on.

....it was a long time ago......it was the 80's...and i needed the money....*breaks down in tears...*

407194[/snapback]

you mean between 1883 & 1887

Can people grasp the idea that 10/10 album is an album where there isn't single second you'd change?

10/10 album is an album where every track is equally good as they all have to be 10/10 tracks that the album would be 10/10.

f.ex. Hallucinogen's twisted

I for once think that "shamanix" is far better track than "alpha centauri".

Hypotetically, if "shamanix" would be 10/10, "alpha centauri" then couldn't.

And from that conclusion, "twisted" can't reach the 10/10 status.

407157[/snapback]

Part of me totally agrees with you, and part of me also realizes that just like a 4/4 star movie, one aspect may be slightly not as outstanding, but as a whole, looking at the whole picture, sometimes it's clear to see that it's a true and total masterpiece. Nothing is perfect, not in the eye's of everyone anyway. However, we can become more aware so to distinguish the best of the best. However, to reach total awareness goes beyong scoring and perfection. Thats total enlightenment which can't be fully achieved in body and mind (perception) anyway.We'd have to disregard all material, music (the idea of 10/10's) dissasociate the "mind," and return to The source for that, where all is One. But this is not the thread to discuss that. ;)

Even groundbreaking styles, albums like Pleiadians - I.F.O. have their not amazing song's (Celeano for starters) to end the album peacefully, however the album had songs at the time which were so beyond almost everything else ever made in digital music... Could I.F.O. had a better final song? Sure, (I rated the I.F.O. album 9/10 in 2000 because of this) however it's all a matter of perception. Some people have their 10/10 albums to listen/dance to, or the perfect ones to trip to, and you can imagine how different those 10/10 lists could be. When I was younger I had many more albums I considered 10/10's on my list. Then, the more music I heard, the more aware I became because I could compare. I lowered my ratings on almost everything else, except the ones which remained a 10 after being compared to all else! It's gotta be painful for a poor cd who hopes he's a 10, fearing the day he may lose his spot. :)

What happens when an artist builds up an album from great to excellent on purpose to trance the listener?.. think some earlier AP albums. The track listing was so carefully organized because of this I feel, and I do agree with you that every track MUST be great/excellent at the very least to achieve a 10/10. A 10/10 means perfection! Sometimes people forget to compare the stuff they love to the best stuff they ever heard. Anyway, I think it's an interesting topic, (I made a thread last year or in 2004 about what people consider a 10/10 or perfect album) and I don't want to side-track the thread too much from the point, which are OUR 10/10 albums.

My 10/10 list as follows...

*HALLUCINOGEN: THE LONE DERANGER .......... A

*INFECTED MUSHROOM: CLASSICAL MUSHROOM .......... A

...................................................................................

The following may be 9.5+ out of 10 (or very close to what I consider 10/10) and regardless, these are several of the most TOP greatest albums of all time!

PLEIADIANS - I.F.O.

ASTRAL PROJECTION - DANCING GALAXY

COSMOSIS - COSMOLOGY

CHI-A.D. - EARTH CROSSING ... (one track on this album is good while the others are of such greatness and excellence... this is the highest scored album I EVER HEARD that was not released! I am certain. This album is awesome even if it was released. An underrated, beautiful, stunning, imaginative, marvelous goatrance gem!

Nothing we humans do can reach 10/10 IMO.

407241[/snapback]

Goes without saying, but we can also say that 10/10 is the best stuff ever made and name the best stuff ever made? Just for comparison. Let's say perfectness is (enter the symbol of infinity) and 10/10 is the best stuff that humans have made?

slide/unstable

psychopod/headlines E.P.

hallucinogen/twisted/the lone derenger

total eclipse/delta aquarids

alinated/ff

orichalcum/live

shakta/silicon trip

x-dream/radio

psychaos/cause and effect

darshan/awakening

abakus is very very nice

but track ´magenta´ and ´lux boutique´ are not so good... so its near, but not 10/10 for me

407101[/snapback]

agreed.. :) only 10/10 album i know of is vangelis-1492, however it seemed a bit off topic as this is a psyforum hehe..

glad you agree with abakus though!

cheers,

.x

407157[/snapback]

Yes.

That being said, my list is pretty short, since I wait to do a really thorough review of a release before arriving at the elusive 10/10 mark. So far I have:

Double Dragon - Continuum

12 Moons - Solid State

Jaia - Fiction

I will probably find some more 10/10s if I go back and check into old Koxbox and Hallucinogen albums. I'm very picky about the perfect mark though...

Guest The Journey Man Project

for me...

Psytrance:

V.A - "Trust In Trance 2"

V.A - "Order Odonata (The Technical Use Of Sound In Magick)"

V.A - "Tantrance Vol.4"

V.A - "Tantrance Vol.6"

V.A - "Voices Of Madness"

V.A - "Psychotic Micro vs Trashlords"

V.A - "Acid Mutants"

Astral Projection - "Trust In Trance"

Astral Proejction - "Another World"

Total Eclipse - "Delta Aquarias"

Elysium - "Monzoon"

Wizzy Noise - "Cyclotron"

Space Tribe - "The Ultraviolet Catastrophe"

M.F.G - "The Prophecy":

Yahel - "Waves Of Sound"

Space Cat - "Beam Me Up"

B.L.T - "Presence"

Chillout:

Shulman - "In Search Of A Meaningful Moment"

Entheogenic - "Entheogenic"

T.I.P - "Mystical Experiences"

The Kumba Mela -"East Of The River Ganges"

V.A - "Mystery of the Yeti Pt I & II"

V.A - "Twelve"

Databloem catalogue

V.A - "A Magical Journey"

these are not 10/10 but my fav cd's... nothing is ever gonna be 10/10 because nothing man made will ever be perfect.

Edited by The Journey Man

Guest Elysium

For me there's only 2 releases I can truely say are as close to perfect as they can be in my opinion. Not 10/10 though since no music is 100% perfect.

Eat Static : Abduction

Abduction

and

LDC : Plasma

Plasma

Edited by Elysium

for me...

Psytrance:

V.A - "Tantrance Vol.4"

V.A - "Tantrance Vol.6"

Ah yes! Brilliant compilations! Both of them :) I also enjoyed 2 and 3 alot!

S-Range - Space

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden

Etnoscope - Drums From The Dawn Of Time

that's it

yes, three is not much ... but nothing comes close to those - in my opinion

OTT - Neon Tetra

Venetian Snares - Winnipeg is Fucking Over!

Venetian Snares - Hajnal

Aphex Twin - To Cure a Weakling Child

Infected Mushroom - Dancing with Kadafi

Shpongle - Levitation Nation

DJ Sharpnel - I'm a Maid (C-Type Remix)

Emotional Joystick - Eight

The Flashbulb - If Trees Could Speak

I've been listening to a lot of IDM/Noizecore lately, especially Venetian Snares.