Labels overdose

Ale

Please guys don't post to say bullshit. You have nothing to say, just don't post.

To answer to the thread, i'd say on the one hand this is good cause there is more different music to listen to, on the other hand it's completely unbalanced with the size of the scene. It ends up on small sales and everything that's written on the "cd" thread....

Also keep in mind a number of the labels on that list probably aren't even active anymore since this list goes back a number of years for everything they've ever stocked (unless they've gotten around to trimming the list, but it doesn't look like it)

Also keep in mind a number of the labels on that list probably aren't even active anymore since this list goes back a number of years for everything they've ever stocked (unless they've gotten around to trimming the list, but it doesn't look like it)

406462[/snapback]

a LOT of labels but ONE sound

disappoited :angry:

a LOT of labels but ONE sound

disappoited :angry:

406464[/snapback]

Yes, there are too many labels and a lot of them release the same stuff, but to claim they all represent one sound you either have to be be deaf, ignorant or a conservative goa dork.

Digital Structures

Horns and Hoofs

Acidance

Tribal Vision

Liquid Sound Design

Boshke Beats

Hommega

Sundance

Parvati

Flow

Spun

Aleph Zero

Iboga

Timecode

Interchill

Twisted

Oxygen

Case closed.

I don't mind that there are so much labels. The scene is getting bigger and bigger and there are also way more styles than 10 years ago so this is not really a surprise. Maybe it's not really necessary and it's also more than difficult if not impossible to keep track with all the small labels. But in the end the market will regulate that itself: some small ones will die and some successfull ones will stay.

I partly agree with Ale ... there are already a bit too many labels out there.

I mean, I have nothing against many labels - where there are many labels there is much competition to bring out better releases and that is a good thing! But I think that meanwhile it's getting too much, you know. And meanwhile they are cutting themselves in their own flesh in a way too, because there are only many little ones that all have very few money on their own which in the future can result in poor artist payment/ripping off, poor advertising, bad quality and whatever things.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer a big variety of labels, but come on, is it really necessary to have SO many? If some labels with similar style and who get along well with each other would join themselves to one greater "label group" or something like that they would be able to share their work, combine their experiences, organize things better, work more efficiently and they would also surely be able to raise more funds for better advertising, artist payment and quality. And if two or three labels would come for each "label group" I say we'd still have enough labels!

I don't know if there are too many labels but there are too many lables releasing sub-standard trance. Maybe it's a good thing, a sheep dressed in wolf's clothing, maybe some of them will go under and those left will go back to concentrating on quality rather than quantity. We'll see.

Yesh when you put them all together there's loads of labels. I generally only stick with a few labels who I know release quality tracks every time. When I click on the labels I've not heard of then most of them have only had one or two cd's released. I guess that says something about running a record label and making it continually successful.

Agree with Charlie about lots of labels releasing sub-standard trance. On the one hand I think 'fair play for sorting it out and getting something released' but when it's the same old shit as released on many of the other labels then it's hardly worth it.

I think if people are gonna start up a new label it needs to be something completely fresh...there's plenty of labels out there who churn out the same old same old.

Please guys don't post to say bullshit. You have nothing to say, just don't post.

406457[/snapback]

just because you don't think it's a quality response, officer, doesn't meant it isn't. ;) not everything has to be dead fucking serious, you know..

on the whole label argument, the variety in the music has increased, while the overall quality has decreased. it's a trade-off.. i would never want to go back to when there were only 10 labels releasing most of the music. everybody was playing the same shit all the time, you'd hear the same track at every party for months. boooring.

you'd hear the same track at every party for months. boooring.

406801[/snapback]

erm doesn't that happen anyway?? I definately hear the same tunes at lots of parties and festivals....sometimes you hear the same track like 6 times at a festy. And it's usually the cheesy-psy-pop ones as well :blink:

erm doesn't that happen anyway??  I definately hear the same tunes at lots of parties and festivals....sometimes you hear the same track like 6 times at a festy.  And it's usually the cheesy-psy-pop ones as well  :blink:

406804[/snapback]

well, judging from our underground scene here in Colorado, the variety in music has increased dramatically. we are not very commercial here at all, so not a lot of poppy tunes - mostly very psychedelic stuff here. People have gotten kicked off the decks for playing top 40 psytrance before. :P

well, judging from our underground scene here in Colorado, the variety in music has increased dramatically. we are not very commercial here at all, so not a lot of poppy tunes - mostly very psychedelic stuff here. People have gotten kicked off the decks for playing top 40 psytrance before. :P

406811[/snapback]

Scene in colorado eh? Well I never. Anything happening in 2 weeks time? My mate is going over there for the snow....

:)

Guest Elysium

well, judging from our underground scene here in Colorado

Do you have indoor bullrides on those mechanical bulls? :P

just joking.... colorado sound damn cool.. I mean you got the Mountains man.... perfect spot for secret underground events :)

Scene in colorado eh? Well I never.  Anything happening in 2 weeks time?  My mate is going over there for the snow....

:)

406826[/snapback]

well, we do have a couple of monthly events in Denver coming up on Jan. 7th and Jan. 28th.

and I shouldn't say my judgement is based solely on Colorado - I travel and play quite a bit around the US, and in general the variety in music has increased a lot since the scene started growing again back in 2001-2002 or so.

Do you have indoor bullrides on those mechanical bulls?  :P

just joking.... colorado sound damn cool.. I mean you got the Mountains man.... perfect spot for secret underground events :)

406829[/snapback]

yes.. small secret underground events in the mountains are fun indeed. though they've been getting bigger, you still get to know and make friends with almost everyone.. we've been trying hard to keep it real and non-commercial, and so far we've had success..

but back to the original thread now. ;)