derango

furthur

I have been listening psy from 2000, I've never done any psychedelic drugs =>

403105[/snapback]

Thats obvious,we didnt need to give an example.Just the fact that you didnt understand what i said its enough.

Stop all this bullshit. You're not enlightened, not elite, not fucking more fit to "get" the music than any other person just because you have been to a lot of parties / eaten psychedelics / have a huge-ass record collection.

Stop answering yourself you psycho.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop all this bullshit. You're not enlightened, not elite, not fucking more fit to "get" the music than any other person just because you have been to a lot of parties / eaten psychedelics / have a huge-ass record collection.

403106[/snapback]

Did I claim to be elite? Oh please. However, to totally dismiss the effect partying has on the way you percieve this type of music without having been to a single psy-trance party, is very narrow-minded and foolish.

Did I claim to be elite? Oh please. However, to totally dismiss the effect partying has on the way you percieve this type of music without having been to a single psy-trance party, is very narrow-minded and foolish.

403118[/snapback]

I've been to a party with pop. Didn't make my view of pop different. Music == music.

You know what cinos.There is a possibility one day you will have to face your beliefs about everything.Psychedelics,parties,music,psychedelia in general.And this is going to be very very difficult for you.Something like an inner war.Why dont you just,let it go.

I've been to a party with pop. Didn't make my view of pop different. Music == music.

403120[/snapback]

So you're saying that the context in which you get exposed to music cannot/will not affect your relation to said music? That context can't add to the experience in a way that will shed new light on the music afterwards? Fantastic.

403120[/snapback]

Not true.

For example I find it possible to enjoy myself at a party even when the music is very crappy. If it's danceable I can go with the music, accept it as it is and take it just as a medium of dancing and nothing else. Whereas at home I'd never listen to it.

edit: grmmöer

You know what cinos.There is a possibility one day you will have to face your beliefs about everything.Psychedelics,parties,music,psychedelia in general.And this is going to be very very difficult for you.Something like an inner war.Why dont you just,let it go.

403121[/snapback]

Yeah. Sure.

So you're saying that the context in which you get exposed to music cannot/will not affect your relation to said music? That context can't add to the experience in a way that will shed new light on the music afterwards? Fantastic.

403122[/snapback]

The context can add, yes, but not to a style of music, only certain tracks.

Thats one of the biggest problems of this scene.People who never had at least one psychedelic experience and want to believe they know things and can separate styles and express their opinions.Noobs.

403097[/snapback]

:blink:

Do someone need to go to psy-parties in order to have a "psychedelic experience" ? No.

Do someone need to take drugs in order to have a "psychedelic experience" ? No.

Can someone express his opinion on this forum despite the fact that he don't take drugs/don't go to psy-parties ? Yes.

Am I "one of the biggest problems of this scene" ? I really hope not.

Were you overreacting because of someone's provocation ? Probably.

Now back on toppic : do you Cinos put Derango in the full-on category just because of the basslines, or do you put everything you don't like in this category ?

:blink:

Do someone need to go to psy-parties in order to have a "psychedelic experience" ? No.

Do someone need to take drugs in order to have a "psychedelic experience" ? No.

403160[/snapback]

Do you actually know what the word "psychedelic" means?

Guest The Journey Man Project

Xenomorph is really, err... gay.

402885[/snapback]

:lol:

what a fucking immature thing to say... Cinos, once again, grow up and thingk before you post dumb shit.

christ,

i am really sorry i started this topic

Furthur, you won't like Derango.

403010[/snapback]

for some reason, i think i should trust you pavel, but i will check out fractal cowboys and that other act mentioned here in the future.

thx

p.s. this was supposed to be a quick-forgotten topic with some yes or no replies

:P

christ,

i am really sorry i started this topic

for some reason, i think i should trust you pavel, but i will check out fractal cowboys and that other act mentioned here in the future.

thx

p.s. this was supposed to be a quick-forgotten topic with some yes or no replies

:P

403197[/snapback]

sorry to go offtopic... but fractal cowboys over derango... nah man not even close... derango like the name implies is something you will enjoy more if you are 'experienced' furthermore production value-wise... they're on even on the same category... but to each their own

Do you actually know what the word "psychedelic" means?

403166[/snapback]

Well, when I look in the dictionary, it says that it's a psychic state and the definition never mentions a link betwen this state and drugs. Maybe it has a different meaning in english.

But take a look at this topic : it seems that everyone here has its own definition of psychedelic. So maybe you should exlain what you mean by psychedelic and why you think that Cinos never had that experience, why he shouldn't express his opinions......

@furthur: sorry to go off topic but it's just that I didn't like the "one of the biggest problems of this scene".

Well, when I look in the dictionary, it says that it's a psychic state and the definition never mentions a link betwen this state and drugs. Maybe it has a different meaning in english.

But take a look at this topic : it seems that everyone here has its own definition of psychedelic. So maybe you should exlain what you mean by psychedelic and why you think that Cinos never had that experience, why he shouldn't express his opinions......

@furthur: sorry to go off topic but it's just that I didn't like the "one of the biggest problems of this scene".

403208[/snapback]

well fact is that the term "psychedelic" was first used to describe the experiences on lsd , mushrooms, mescaline...

Now, I think that such an experience surely shows you another perspective,but anyways, to quote myself about psychedelia in art... :

well, by definition, psychedelic = something that brings the psyche[=soul] into surface,makes the soul apparent...

Generally, in art, I think that psychedelia could also be related to vivid colours, weird sounds,repeating patterns bringing chaos to order, surrealistic images etc etc....

some people call certain drugs psychedelic because they bring about psychedelic states

it does not necessarily mean that the only way to have a psychedelic experience is through these drugs

although they do offer a shortcut sometimes

403215[/snapback]

indeed, i never said the opposite, anyways i am not sure and cannot be sure about the following statement but i think that it's not exactly a shorcut since the states you reach after ingesting psychedelics and the states you reach with other means[e.g fasting & meditation] do have some similarities but still remain different [talking intellectually because of lack of personal experiences on the matter]

btw let us informed of what you think of Derango when you have a listen ,eh ? :D

Guest The Journey Man Project

yuh derango makes awesome tunes... very trippy, you don;t need to be on acid to get it... a lot of this *ahem* :lol: "Dark" psy is similar to late goa style eg Tantrance 6 with the very spacey trippy use... the bass and tempo is just really shit, it's like slowed down gabba...

indeed, i never said the opposite, anyways i am not sure and cannot be sure about the following statement but i think that it's not exactly a shorcut since the states you reach after ingesting psychedelics and the states you reach with other means[e.g fasting & meditation] do have some similarities but still remain different [talking intellectually because of lack of personal experiences on the matter]

btw let us informed of what you think of Derango when you have a listen ,eh ? :D

403219[/snapback]

fasting fuck you up hard mate

and breathing can take one far too

although, psychedelics? bleh, no need to categorize these things

"this is it"