Ka Sol full album

Woow, alot of comments in this thread...! :)

First of all the reason why Ka Sol never released an album so far... There were contacts with several labels in the past (like Boom! indeed) but always the label thought his music was too extreme or weird... Once there almost was a deal but the label changed it's style by the time an album would have been compiled...

Second: schlabbaduerst is indeed by David Buddha and he has help of his Upssalla friends :) The reason why they never released a Ka Sol album is actually because they want it to be a little more professional (which means printed etc!) but now the time seems right for them too :)

Battle Buddhas were 4 people in the beginning, but somehow 2 of them were not into trance music any longer, so they stopped producing with the other 2 (David Buddha and Magnus), that's already pretty long ago... So the Buddhas are 2 people since a long time

Also, Ka Sol were 3 people in the beginning, but the same happened there...

The definition of forest trance then... Well, hard to say, the name actually started in the mid 90's because of the Orebro freaky open air parties deep in the forests... The sound played on those parties was different from usual Astral Projection and MFG, it was more shroomy psychedelic and harder... And like with all music styles it evoluated and I think we can say now we have a lighter (style Schlab 002, Little Blue Man,...) and a darker (Derango, some Procs,...) Forest music, the Ka Sol one will be brighter for sure...

The album: it has several styles on it, the first tracks are pretty dark and hard, but still melodic forest trance... The last 4 tracks were made under his alter ego AHS (Alien Hand Syndrome) so those tracks are more melodic (check the AHS on Schlab 002)

and ps to Lemmi: Christer is making morning music for 10 years already... But nobody ever released it, except for the Kavator compilation and Schlab 002 :P But he always made melodic goa trance too :)

And as ending I can tell you the cover will be made out of this drawing:

Posted Image

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cosmogenesis

Anoebis, any chance to see a Battle of The Future Buddhas tune in a suntrip compilation? I tell this because, IMO, Battle of The Future Buddhas and Ka-Sol sounds are quite similar, even if their style of music are not the same. Maybe I'm wrong? ;)

Anoebis, any chance to see a Battle of The Future Buddhas tune in a suntrip compilation? I tell this because, IMO, Battle of The Future Buddhas and Ka-Sol sounds are quite similar, even if their style of music are not the same. Maybe I'm wrong?  ;)

443905[/snapback]

Nothing is planned so far, but if we compile a new compilation I'll ask David for sure,and then we can see if it would fit the cd :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Battle Buddhas were 4 people in the beginning, but somehow 2 of them were not into trance music any longer, so they stopped producing with the other 2 (David Buddha and Magnus), that's already pretty long ago... So the Buddhas are 2 people since a long time

I have seen on the discogs site that "Twin Sharfkins", BOTFB first album, was produced by all the four men of the group (http://www.discogs.com/release/90941).It is really true, because I don't trust too much this website?

If discogs are right, maybe BOTFB consists in only two guys after their first album?

It is true that 4 people were credited on Twin Sharkfins, but if they all contributed equally is another discussion. Anyway, for the last few years, most tracks are made by David alone or by David + Magnus. The other two were also somewhat involved on Demonizer: http://www.discogs.com/release/132488

Otto: The artist who drew the picture in my avatar is the late Zdzislaw Beksinski. I strongly recommend buying The Fantastic Art Of Beksinski.

• 3 weeks later...

ka sol cd in suntrip is just ok and in my opinion 7/10 tracks sound commercial and goa,but thats ok

! a label has to make some money to continue to exist ...but for those who want to experience the true Uppsala old dark and hard schlabbaduerst sound wait for his album in schlab records,,,this will be a cd people will listen for years and years and years.....i advice listen to it when fucked up on hard psychoactives and many weird things can happen ahh best combination sooo,

gOod lUck Mr LoOmStROoM

ka sol cd in suntrip is just ok and in my opinion 7/10 tracks sound commercial and goa,but thats ok

! a label has to make some money to continue to exist ...but for those who want to experience the true Uppsala old dark and hard schlabbaduerst sound wait for his album in schlab records,,,this will be a cd people will listen for years and years and years.....i advice listen to it when fucked up on hard psychoactives and many weird things can happen ahh best combination sooo,

gOod lUck Mr LoOmStROoM

495351[/snapback]

well, you may have noticed the cd will only be releases in 1.5 month, and it was not spread anywhere so far so what is your source :rolleyes:

And if those tracks sound commercial I am Micky Mouse, what a *#*è! I am waiting for this music to be played on parties for YEARS! oh so commercial...

The cd itself contains out of 50% pure forest style music (track 1-5) and more melodic goa trance tracks with a twisted mind (6-10, style Schlab 002)

no its not spread of course, i had the pleasure to listen to a lot of ka sol tracks when i was in sweden and meet with Christer..and ok i was a bit wrong to say the word commercial...ka sol cannot be commercial...its just that the tracks on suntrip cd is just very light stuff compared to other tracks that he has done and hopefully he will release some of them on the schlab cd..but again he has done even darker and harder tracks which he will never release or even play at a party..and i m sure you know that...ka sol is my favourite artist for various tracks he have done and for the kind of person he is and i wish him the best for both releases..

hail from Greece

And if those tracks sound commercial I am Micky Mouse, what a *#*è! I am waiting for this music to be played on parties for YEARS! oh so commercial...

The cd itself contains out of 50% pure forest style music (track 1-5) and more melodic goa trance tracks with a twisted mind (6-10, style Schlab 002)

495412[/snapback]

u will be judged about this micky...

But again he has done even darker and harder tracks which he will never release or even play at a party..and i m sure you know that...

496038[/snapback]

;)

• 3 weeks later...

Isnt the White Magic track extremely old ?  :P

Nice cover  :)

507667[/snapback]

White Magic is as old as Puke in the Dust indeed, but when I heared the song I was sure I wanted this on the cd, and after some new mastering and some reworking it sounds fucking awesome, believe me! :)

The cd is delayed though (not our fault), it is now sheduled the 14th of may! And we will put samples on our site soon which are a little longer as the Arabesque ones... (as Ka Sol is NOT the music that can be heard in 20-30 sec samples!)

Guest Cosmogenesis

(as Ka Sol is NOT the music that can be heard in 20-30 sec samples!)

507700[/snapback]

Yes, I agree. But the short samples of Arabesque (around 1:30 min) have already convinced me to buy this high quality album, which promises, with any doubt, a lot. :D I'm specially very impressed by the extract of the last tracks of Fairytale (white magic, sticky web & no return), which sound unbelievable! :)