Lol @ Astral Projection

I loved the first 3 Astral Projection albums, the fourth was okay (had a few good tracks on it) but lost confidence in them after they released 'In the Mix' and 'Amen'. Is the remix album 'Ten' any good?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the remix album 'Ten' any good?

378597[/snapback]

NO

It doesn't in any way stand out from a normal full-on compilation... very lame album imo.

edit: i want to add that i really like old Astral Projection albums, so im not dissing them like some people that thinks AP is cheese. But the TEN album can in no way be compared to their old production.. it's just a bunch of rolling basslines.

Don't like that -Open Society- track. Like you said, rolling bassline, but not that bad as most fulll-on, but still YUCK!!! The melody doesnt "say" anything, it's just one sound in the background, which sounds for my taste too (normal) trancey.

Also they seem to have started some new (new..sure) tricks that you can hear in most of full-on tracks, these 1-second breaks of silence and then the track continues again & other tricks that we have heard million times before.

378594[/snapback]

This track is full full on crap how i said, worse ugly kicks that really hurt my ears and stupid vocal repeats in that only the vocal plays and no other synth, i havn´t thought that astral would ever make this. How can they be soooooooo stupid to make the long vocal repeats, everyone who don´t listen psy would say what is this shit, is this made from psychic ill musicproducers or what. The track quality is so fucking poor, that is really a shame for Astral Projection and they have made soo good albums like in particular order Another World, Trust in Trance 3, Trust in Trance 2/1, Astral Files, Amen, Dancing Galaxy. Much artists have tried to copy their style but now astral copy the style from other artists.

This track is full full on crap how i said, worse ugly kicks that really hurt my ears and stupid vocal repeats in that only the vocal plays and no other synth, i havn´t thought that astral would ever make this. How can they be soooooooo stupid to make the long vocal repeats, everyone who don´t listen psy would say what is this shit, is this made from psychic ill musicproducers or what. The track quality is so fucking poor, that is really a shame for Astral Projection and they have made soo good albums like in particular order Another World, Trust in Trance 3, Trust in Trance 2/1, Astral Files, Amen, Dancing Galaxy. Much artists have tried to copy their style but now astral copy the style from other artists.

378734[/snapback]

Woah now, just take a few breaths and calm down. Breathe slowly. Slowly. Repeat after Frank...

Posted Image

Serenity now. SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!

:ph34r:

(I still think the track is cool and I can't stand 99% of full-on ;) )

I think astral should get an example from ypsilon5 or etheral or the other artists on tranceform and suntrip.

378776[/snapback]

I think the two of them should each get an enema and cleanse themselves of this cheesy music they make.

Do astral projection read opinions of their albums or no, they should notice to yet that nobody likes their new stuff at all.

So, enlighten me, why are we judging their entire upcomming album based on a 3 minute long sample released on an entirely different CD with entirely different music? You could take it in a positive light and see that they made a full on compilation album so they can introduce to the full-on crowd what their style is and capture the interest of people who aren't familiar with Astral Projection. I mean they haven't had anything new since Amen in 2002, and Ten doesn't count because those were just remixes made by other artists.

How about we wait to listen to their new album before immediatly jumping on the "hate Astral Projection because their albums don't sound like they were made in 1993 anymore" bandwaggon.

That track is awesome.  :blink:

380234[/snapback]

The best joke i´ve ever seen :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I´m sure that Astral Projection will release a new full on album and that is stupid shit, i can´t get that they always have made one of the best melodic psytrance tracks (of course not better than simon posford but sitll better than all other) and know they make worse quality music, it´s better they would stop make music because they only release shit, do they need the guys which where there on earlier times like abom don and the other, i don´t know their namens.

God damnit, stop mentioning Simon Posford in every post. Are you obsessed with him or something like that?

380257[/snapback]

Who should i mention instead him? I alzo can mention boris Blemn because his new music is much better than astral´s new music.

Who should i mention instead him? I alzo can mention boris Blemn because his new music is much better than astral´s new music.

380411[/snapback]

Lollerskates! :lol::lol::rolleyes:

the astral track had some nice subtle vibes and atmospheres in the beginning.. not the best melodies though.. but seriously, if you're looking for innovative music, you should NOT look into trance music at all!! there are imo a very small number of original psy-trance artists out there that dare to thread into new unchartered oceans.

its just a compilation, in order to promote all those artists, imo

377961[/snapback]

true... I don't see the humor in it either...

hey threadstarter... the music style is called 'morning fullon' not fullon crap ;)

feeling a bit godfather today :P

I'm glad astral is still active and I'm curious what they will give us...

will it be fullon, so then will it be fullon... don't like it... your problem :D

true... I don't see the humor in it either...

380866[/snapback]

dont see it either.

btw, will some1 explain once all those tearms u use, for example, wtf is morning fullon, night fullon. hell what is full on

dont see it either.

btw, will some1 explain once all those tearms u use, for example, wtf is morning fullon, night fullon. hell what is full on

380915[/snapback]

start a new thread about this subject I'll explain when I have the time ;)

I have listen a few of their new tracks like back from hell or mohadive and i see they still can make music, the melodies are Astral and give my still the unique feeling but the full on sound don´t becomes them good at all. Why they don´t stop use the full on bass presets and use instead their great old basslines.

PHI ?  :huh:

384100[/snapback]

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=4186

Phi were a duo from Japan making a sort of full on-ish hard goa hybrid. Unfortunately they broke up earlier this year, although they are both working on solo projects. Shuji as Slum (who has an album coming out on Elf Music next month) and Shin as Symphonics, who is making some weird music that I can only describe as minimal full-on atmospheric something. Funny that I read this thread just now since I'm meeting Shin in a couple hours to go record shopping.... some weird synergy going on there :blink:

As for Astral, they are screwed no matter what they do. If they stick to their original style, people will scream they are just cashing in on their music and not doing anything inovative. If they try something new, people will scream they are just cashing in and making music that will sell and not staying true to who they are. Personally I'll listen to their next album and judge it by the only criteriia that matter to me... do I like it?

Wow, you guys are harsh.

The only Astral Projection release that i didn't particularly find that great was "the astral files", i still brought it for my collection, but they have moved so far away from that sound now imo especially with the release of Dancing Galaxy and Amen which really caught my attention. Some of the tracks on Another World were an interesting journey. However Ten was nothing to cry home about but it was still some nice filler whilst waiting for the next release! and now the wait is almost over! ... In the end whatever they do there are always going to be people that either hate it, don't mind it, mildly enjoy it, or love it... such is the way of the individual.

Hey btw, has anyone heard Astrals tune: 12,000 suns? this happens to be my ever-favourite song of all time. It has just grown on me to the point where i never get tired of its melody... I hope they return to something like this with long-developing melodies and catchy tunage...