Dark Soho

Basilisk

Hey everyone... it's that time of year! Bust out your Dark Soho and give it a spin to get in the Halloween mood... this stuff is pretty much perfect!

Aside from Combustion, which I think is their best work, I wanted to point out that they have a great new single out by the name of Fairy Tales... check it out ;)

I like their first two albums, last one was rather lame...but their previous style was so crystal and to the point...They were great, but not anymore... :unsure:

369727[/snapback]

can't agree more :):(

Someone should put a pistol to their head and force them to make good music again. Such a shame. why dark soho? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? :(

All those artists with their new (BAD) music:

"we did that allready before"

"we want to innovate"

"you can't play the same all the time"

oh boooohooooeeeeee

Although everybody agrees it sucks bigtime they won't understand.

I make music myself, paintings, digital art, films, etc. I always demand as much feedback as possible from alot people, cause they can tell me what's good or bad, not me, i created it, i can't look at it objectivly.

If they tell me it's good then fine, if they tell me it's bad i'll start thinking again.

So i my opinion when artists start talking about "i want to innovate, we can't play those songs forever" they actually say: " I can go my own way, i made it, i'm above the public now "

That means the artist don't respect the public anymore, who in fact created the artist.

Without the public the artist would probably be working in some boring job, so actually he should take all the advice very seriously and thank the public for all the feedback.

I was lucky to be in a party with Dark Soho live & Xenomorph live in 2001(Athens).

Those were their great moments.Now?Their are gone like many others.Who gives a fuck anyway.If they cant keep their style,we cant keep them in our memories.

Well have to say that Dark Soho once was were the masters of the dark heavy inspired psychedelic trance, i dont think u can say that anymore :huh:

I just remember listing to Terra Sancta (on Israliens 2) on my discman back in 2000, that was the shit!

And then came "Sun Spot" later that year! Good shit man!

I like their second album "Combustion" too, it just seemed a bit less original when it was released, I really like it though! It just seems like the last album they put out "light in the dark" just has lost some of the magic of their previeus music, sad indeed! :o

Lets hope for a more magical future for Dark Soho's music! B)

I make music myself, paintings, digital art, films, etc. I always demand as much feedback as possible from alot people, cause they can tell me what's good or bad, not me, i created it, i can't look at it objectivly. 

If they tell me it's good then fine, if they tell me it's bad i'll start thinking again.

So i my opinion when artists start talking about "i want to innovate, we can't play those songs forever" they actually say: " I can go my own way, i made it, i'm above the public now "

That means the artist don't respect the public anymore, who in fact created the artist. 

Without the public the artist would probably be working in some boring job, so actually he should take all the advice very seriously and thank the public for all the feedback.

369789[/snapback]

The artist creates the artist and the public appreciates the artist...not the other way around. While feedback from others is a good thing to have, it should by no means be the basis of one's creativity. It's not quite as simple as good vs. bad.... Art is a direct reflection of the artist, at the particular time the art was made...

For example...if you created all your 'darker' art at a time in your life when you were feeling depressed, how could you possibly create art to have a similar effect if you were no longer in that particular state of mind??? Impossible!

I know very few people whose musical taste stays the same for 5 years, so how can we really expect the same of the artist? So I really see no need to complain, either they will return to the old style someday, or they won't...its as simple as that. No matter what you may think of them today, the fact still remains that Dark Soho were pioneers of the darker sound that influences so many of the newer darkpsy artists releasing music today...and for that I think they will always be appreciated.

btw I saw them play live in London in April of this year...

Posted Image

Dark Soho alive and well and still rockin out despite what you all might say.... :P