What's everyone's views on Downloading?

Dj-Emotion

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Journey Man Project

you are messed in the head to say that.

i buy all the CDs for which i want to own the tracks.  but they all get a listen by download first... how else can i know what to buy?

what artists and labels might do,

is release 128bit versions of albums early on the mp3 networks,

with little promotion clip at the end of each song.

before the RIPpers put out the 320bit VBR versions.

that way the medium-quality version spreads.

and more people would opt to buy the full quality versions.

326146[/snapback]

Geee maybe like you bought cd's 7 years ago before mp3? you took a RISK instead of being treated like baby... I think mp3 is good, think that if they choose to give it for free then it is fine. But why should you download and listen to it? Saikosounds give 2-4 minutes samples which is 25-50% of the full song. It is at a qulaity that is more than high enough to judge (I know this from a friend who is an audio engineer for a number of major studios in america and europe)... you have no need o download. Don't you see he excuses you are making? How dumb they sound? It's exactly like a guy who says "No means yes" when it comes to sex. Or she was dressed like a hooker so she deserved it. Oh, mp3 is there, even though it is illegal, it is still ok. no it's not. It's illegal, it is wrong and if it is copyrighted, it is not for free. You are cheating somebody of something they forked out for. Go study copyrightn and get back to me. There is NO EXCUSE unless the artist or label gives it for free. If it says "Copyright 1998 Twsisted Records" then it is the property of Twisted records, not you or the dj. Once again there is NO EXCUSE for illegal downloading of anything on this planet!! I'm fine in the head mate, been assessed a number of times out of my own paranoia ;) It's people who lie to themselves that breaking copyright laws is ok because IT IS THERE. Well fuck it, I'll steal your wallet and digital camera and car cause it is just there for the taking. And if you want it back, you delete every mp3 you own first. It is a criminal act, and the only reason you get away with it is because the psytrance scene is so smal, so lacking of money due to your downloading, they cannot afford to sue you lame arse. I think Metallica was 100% right to sue Napster. I wish the sued every other pirating wank out there. There is no excuse in this world!!

sundrop, I like your post. I had the same idea that lables could go that way to increase salary. have you ever presented this idea to a lable? maybe we should? non-major ones of course or they'd sued your ass just for open your mouth probably :lol:

------ p.s. ------

The Journey Man, Is it wrong because it's illegal - or is it illegal because it's wrong? think about it :P

btw I don't think your arguments holds. I think mp3 previews are great. it gives me a chance to fork out my money to the artists who deserves them instead if randomly buying crap music.

Geee maybe like you bought cd's 7 years ago before mp3? you took a RISK instead of being treated like baby... I think mp3 is good,  think that if they choose to give it for free then it is fine.  But why should you download and listen to it?  Saikosounds give 2-4 minutes samples which is 25-50% of the full song.  It is at a qulaity that is more than high enough to judge (I know this from a friend who is an audio engineer for a number of major studios in america and europe)... you have no need o download.  Don't you see he excuses you are making? How dumb they sound? It's exactly like a guy who says "No means yes" when it comes to sex.  Or she was dressed like a hooker so she deserved it.  Oh, mp3  is there, even though it is illegal, it is still ok.  no it's not.  It's illegal, it is wrong and if it is copyrighted, it is not for free. You are cheating somebody of something they forked out for.  Go study copyrightn and get back to me.  There is NO EXCUSE unless the artist or label gives it for free.  If it says "Copyright 1998 Twsisted Records" then it is the property of Twisted records, not you or the dj. Once again there is NO EXCUSE for illegal downloading of anything on this planet!!  I'm fine in the head mate, been assessed a number of times out of my own paranoia  ;) It's people who lie to themselves that breaking copyright laws is ok because IT IS THERE.  Well fuck it, I'll steal your wallet and digital camera and car cause it is just there for the taking.  And if you want it back, you delete every mp3 you own first.  It is a criminal act, and the only reason you get away with it is because the psytrance scene is so smal, so lacking of money due to your downloading, they cannot afford to sue you lame arse.  I think Metallica was 100% right to sue Napster.  I wish the sued every other pirating wank out there.  There is no excuse in this world!!

326194[/snapback]

I don't see the point in threatening people who download to judge what they wanna buy or not buy the same way as professional pirates who download 1000 of songs just for having everything. Can you explain why those to are equal to you? They also don't have the same effects to the industry or the artists themselves so why?

What about the simple fact if you buy crap you sel it agin on ebay for the amount you paid online? It works... I've done it with at least 100 bad buys... got all my money back. Yet again, there is no excuse. And stuff the philosphy on what illegal means. Even if it isn't illegal, it is wrong to yake something that is not meant to be free. It's that simple. It's delusional to think there is any excuse for taking something for free that is not meant to be free!! I'd love to take a Rembrandt for free, but I bet I'd be in a helluva lot of trouble if I tried that... I reckon I'd be the only person on this site who doesn't download illegal mp3's. And I think if you are a true love of this music you would not download. If you do, then you are a full of shit. Simple! Oh actually yes, I did download a dragonfly Killing Joke remixes of a a p2p network. I also made a 30 Euro donation to the label to pay them for it. oh and I though it was pretty lame and deleted it anyway. But I paid for my sin and felt guilt free. You'll all undertsand one day, nothing in this world is free, not even even if you just want to trail it out for a while. What goes around comes around. I'll keep quiet, obviously you are so deluded by your ego's and lies you cannot break free. Keep lying to yourself, maybe if you stop this, one day you might even find your true self behind the lies you live in. downloadingis ok if we buy what we like. Bullshit! A 4 minute sample on Saikosounds can tell you, and it hurts nobody!

enough I'm going to bed... and before I do I'll choose a cd I paid for and enjoy the music knowing I have the right to because I paid!!

@ Journey Man:

I don't know if your reply is also guided at my post or only to Nils Tentacle. But either way I don't feel as if you have answered my question. It seems to me that your world is very black and white and that there is nothing inbetween.

I mean why buy albums you might not like to sell them again if you could directly buy only albums that you like? And when you say that you can sell CDs for the exact same price that you have paid (at least when we are speaking about new CDs) then it seems that you are a way better seller on Ebay than I am. I personally would not pay the same price on ebay for a new CD that I pay on the shop. I mean the CD is used so I won't pay that much.

And another thing: If you don't like the tracks you've downloaded and you decide you will not buy the CD then you would very likely sooner or later delete the track.

I am not noble, i just learnt early on in life that nothing is for free... it cost me alot at the time, but, unlike a lot of people, I took the lesson to heart. I never take anything for free for thelast 7 years. If I ask my Dad for $100 to pay rent, I will make the time to go to his office and do work, even janitor duties, to the value of the $100. It also makes me honest in my relationship with my girlfriend, I never lie and I never cheat. I never lie and cheat on my family or friends either. Honesty hurts, as you can tell by the excuses people are making in this post, they are not being 100% honest to there love of this scene. Yes I am very black and white, bu everything I do I can answer for. you knw, when I spend 0.30 cents down the street I go straight to my diary and budgetit. then I know where every cent I spend goes. I no longer have anybody in this world to answer to but myself, and if I am honest with myself, as you will find when you are truely honest with yourself, you will be truly happy. Nothing in life is easy, and if you take things easy, then you'll have to answer one day.

I understand what you mean by your last post but I also would never lie and cheat on my girlfriend or to myself, even if I have about 30 DJ sets or othern MP3s on my PC that I have downloaded and maybe about 15 burned CDs (which is an aboslutely nothing compared to my collection of original music). I also don't think that I'm a lesser person than you because of that (but also not a better person, just to clarify that) and I don't feel bad about it at all.

I still would like to know what you have to say about my question, I still think you haven't propper answered it?

Maybe I just don't understand your answer as an answer because we have a very different view of life? I mean I agree that some things in life are not easy, but if I would take all things in life on the hard way then they sooner or later would drown me. Some things in life are easy. Anyway, I hope you are not offended by that but I would really like to understand some points of your view better.

k, I actually don't think I"m better than anybody really, just thinkg not being honest is ture... friends for sure, never really hated anybody but Traveller (but that goes back years to when I was Mike D)... and of course friends with Moni :D I'm friends with any girls, they make much better company than men, for both nonsecual adn sexual reasons hehe... boring debate is over for me... somebody start a topic again about how modern psy isn;t psy enough so let's bring back the old psy but make it sound more modern so it isn't like the old psy but like the modern psy which we all supposedly hate hehe... enough :ph34r: I'm going to bed, my Dad just came back from Poland and bought me a fascinating book... the diary of Dr. Mengle's (the angel of death > see Slayer - "angel of death", can be found on p2p if you don't wanna buy it) assistant... I know it isn't nice stuff, but WWII fascinates me... sweet dreams and many best wishes for fast illegal downloading to all of you :D

I'm going to bed, my Dad just came back from Poland and bought me a fascinating book... the diary of Dr. Mengle's (the angel of death > see Slayer - "angel of death",  can be found on p2p if you don't wanna buy it) assistant... I know it isn't nice stuff, but WWII fascinates me... sweet dreams and many best  wishes for fast illegal downloading to all of you  :D

326286[/snapback]

Hah, have a great nightmares after reading it ! ;) Journey nazi boy ! :P

Borrow that book to Cinos when you finish it.

Hehe yeah gues I'm a nsazi then eh? Just like I'm a murder if I listen to to death metal or a rapist for listening to gangsta rap? I know u're joking... or hope u're :ph34r: I can't be that much of a nazi, if I wanted a pure white race I wouldn't be dating an Asian lady who has the condition Cerebral Palsy would I? I'd want to kill her instead :ph34r: And Cino's i a nice guy, just young hehe, and cute like a stupid puppy that needs toilet training :P

Geee maybe like you bought cd's 7 years ago before mp3? you took a RISK instead of being treated like baby... I think mp3 is good,  think that if they choose to give it for free then it is fine.  But why should you download and listen to it?  Saikosounds give 2-4 minutes samples which is 25-50% of the full song.  It is at a qulaity that is more than high enough to judge (I know this from a friend who is an audio engineer for a number of major studios in america and europe)... you have no need o download.  Don't you see he excuses you are making? How dumb they sound? It's exactly like a guy who says "No means yes" when it comes to sex.  Or she was dressed like a hooker so she deserved it.  Oh, mp3  is there, even though it is illegal, it is still ok.  no it's not.  It's illegal, it is wrong and if it is copyrighted, it is not for free. You are cheating somebody of something they forked out for.  Go study copyrightn and get back to me.  There is NO EXCUSE unless the artist or label gives it for free.  If it says "Copyright 1998 Twsisted Records" then it is the property of Twisted records, not you or the dj. Once again there is NO EXCUSE for illegal downloading of anything on this planet!!  I'm fine in the head mate, been assessed a number of times out of my own paranoia  ;) It's people who lie to themselves that breaking copyright laws is ok because IT IS THERE.  Well fuck it, I'll steal your wallet and digital camera and car cause it is just there for the taking.  And if you want it back, you delete every mp3 you own first.  It is a criminal act, and the only reason you get away with it is because the psytrance scene is so smal, so lacking of money due to your downloading, they cannot afford to sue you lame arse.  I think Metallica was 100% right to sue Napster.  I wish the sued every other pirating wank out there.  There is no excuse in this world!!

326194[/snapback]

Metallica sucked :D

PHUCK copyright laws

PHUCK metallica

PHUCK 20+ euros to buy an album.

hehe nice one :P But I am seriously dating an Asian lady who has Cerebral Palsy, that bit ain't a joke :P Neither is the bit about Cino's :ph34r::rolleyes:

well... to get a bit serious...

I am an student, i dont have a steady income....

You could say "You can't afford it, then DONT buy, dont download". yeah , this way i wouldnt have discovered ALL the psychedelic goa/ambient/chill gems... except in 20-30 years from now maybe ;)

you might say "You cant afford a car, why dont you go steal it"?

it's not the same. i dont break in a record store and steal cd's.

i download. In fact they DONT LOSE any money from me, because EVEN IF i could NOT download, i still WOULDNT BUY cuz i couldnt afford... except maybe hardly 1 cd per month.

well... to get a bit serious...

I am an student, i dont have a steady income....

You could say "You can't afford it, then DONT buy, dont download". yeah , this way i wouldnt have discovered ALL the psychedelic goa/ambient/chill gems... except in 20-30 years from now maybe ;)

you might say "You cant afford a car, why dont you go steal it"?

it's not the same. i dont break in a record store and steal cd's.

i download. In fact they DONT LOSE any money from me, because EVEN IF i could NOT download, i still WOULDNT BUY cuz i couldnt afford... except maybe hardly 1 cd per month.

326337[/snapback]

You didn't need to excuse yourself for anyone in here, really... ;)

except from Journey Man bit  who got a bit too angry and offensive .... :D

326353[/snapback]

It's because he hasn't been on any Journey this year and has small but effective complex about it... :P ( hey journey, no offense, it was a joke ). ;)

It's exactly like a guy who says "No means yes" when it comes to sex.  Or she was dressed like a hooker so she deserved it. 

not at all. how can you equate an artist not getting $20, and a girl getting raped? thats bullshit and you know it.

Well fuck it, I'll steal your wallet and digital camera and car cause it is just there for the taking.  And if you want it back, you delete every mp3 you own first.  It is a criminal act, and the only reason you get away with it is because the psytrance scene is so smal, so lacking of money due to your downloading, they cannot afford to sue you lame arse.  I think Metallica was 100% right to sue Napster.  I wish the sued every other pirating wank out there.  There is no excuse in this world!!

i think people who dont buy CDs are idiots too, and hurt the scene.

the worst are the people who RIP all the CDs at high quality for everyone else to get free.

but stealing an mp3 and stealing a wallet are two different things.

in one case you are copying an idea.

in the other case you are moving a material object.

if an artist truly does not want people to listen to their music for free,

then they should never release their tunes to the public!!!

they know the risks, and the facts about this world,

as soon as they release these tunes they will be everywhere.

a smart artist keeps some tunes and plays them first at festivals,

so that people come pay to see them, then release them later.

the real living that a musician makes, IMO, is from playing gigs.