**MINISTRY OF SOUND LAUNCH NEW PSY TRANCE SHOW

:)

NEW WAVE RADIO

www.ministryofsound.com/radio/DJShows/NewWaveRadio

MINISTRY OF SOUND RADIO is proud to announce the launch of their brand new monthly radio show ‘NEW WAVE RADIO’ a show 100% dedicated to the sound of PSY TRANCE.

PSY TRANCE is an absolutely STUNNING scene happening around the world featuring its own network of artists, labels and parties. To reflect MINISTRY RADIO’S GLOBAL LISTENERSHIP we are proud to announce the latest and most exciting addition to their schedule ‘NEW WAVE RADIO’

Set to launch with a special LIVE edition on WEDNESDAY AUGUST 30ST AT 4PM GMT each show will be hosted by some of the LEADING DJ’s, ARTISTS, LIVE ACTS and LABELS from across the globe, each showcasing their unique sound to it’s fullest.

THE FIRST SHOW to be broadcast live will be hosted by one of the UK’s original and leading labels TIP WORLD RECORDS featuring TIP Founder, the legendary RAJA RAM alongside DINO PSARAS (BULLET PROOF) and DJ LUCAS. This show will then be archived directly online to feature for September. Following on, OCTOBERS SHOW features one of the UK’s most exciting artists ESKIMO hosting a PHANTASM RECORDS show as well as showcasing tracks from his brand new artist album. NOVEMBERS EDITION will be hosted by one of Israel’s leading labels HOMMEGA PRODUCTIONS featuring LIVE RECORDINGS from the ASTRIX & FRIENDS event set to take place at London’s Coronet club on Sat 8th October. DECEMBERS show features UK Label ALCHEMY RECORDS hosted by South African DJ SHANE GOBI and LABEL FRIENDS.

Further labels, artists and DJs already on board to host shows include Israeli based BNE RECORDS (Infected Mushroom, Fatali, Oforia etc) and NANO RECORDS (DJ Ans, Protoculture, Commercial Hippes etc) and with many more labels and artists set to join NEW WAVE RADIO will truly be representing the true sound of the underground!

Featuring LIVE and PRE-RECORDED GUEST MIXES, ARTIST INTERVIEWS, LABEL PROFILES, COMPETITIONS and the general low down on what parties are rocking across the globe, NEW WAVE RADIO looks set to showcase the sounds of psy across the globe. With each edition being archived on MINISTRY’S website (www.ministryofsound.com) it means that any show can be accessed by anyone around the globe at any time of the day (internet connection permitting!) ensuring maximum exposure for the sound!

Launched in 2000 MINISTRY OF SOUND RADIO are the UK’S LEADING ONLINE RADIO SERVICE providing both live a archived shows for 400,000 LISTENERS PER MONTH as well as offering a SYNDICATON SERVICE to radio stations around the globe ensuring MINISTRY RADIO is the biggest online radio station in the world!

For more information please contact: Tom Jenkins or Evy Magoulas on newwave_radio@yahoo.com

Want it or not, but it will take more few years for psytrance to be broadcasted on MTV...

ND

it definitely will... there's no way back now!

But I'm sure that if there's going to be shit-trance, there will high-quality stuff too!

this is like knowing a comet is coming to earth, there is nothing you can do about it now

Exactly!

Unless... you can destroy a comet with nuclear weapon, right? ...so, any physicists here, except me (I'm far from dividing an atom, but could give it a chance) ? :D

I'm a bit with Journey Man Project here. I mean I've read enough threads here about how bad the music played by the official radio stations and MTV is and how hard it is (well, at least for some people) to find CDs and stuff. Now when they play psy in a radio show by Ministry Of Sounds it's also bad. I mean you can't have the cookie and eat it...

I see the problem that maybe like this more stupid people but who are we to say who is stupid and who is not btw?! I mean maybe some old party folks also think ME or YOU are stupid people and should stay âway? Even goa people bitch around about each other so why do some people think we are better than anybody else and only the "right" people should know about our music?

I see the problem that maybe like this more stupid people but who are we to say who is stupid and who is not btw?! I mean maybe some old party folks also think ME or YOU are stupid people and should stay âway?

321122[/snapback]

oh count on that for sure

Exactly FP.

I am good friends with Ans/Reagan/Gareth from Nano, and I am very happy to see them get exposure after working so hard hard for it all these years. I have also had dealings with Shane Gobi and it's great to see Alchemy moving up.

What makes me ill is a fat cat like Ministry cashing in on our scene:

"PSY TRANCE is an absolutely STUNNING scene happening around the world featuring its own network of artists, labels and parties. To reflect MINISTRY RADIO’S GLOBAL LISTENERSHIP we are proud to announce the latest and most exciting addition to their schedule ‘NEW WAVE RADIO’"

:(

I also hope that labels like Alchemy and Nano don't get labelled as "flavour of the month" or "too commercial" because of their association with Ministry.

Sure, it's cool for these guys to get exposure. Do a song with Kylie Mynogue or Robbie Williams and you'll get exposure too. But lose credibility.

One has to draw the line somewhere.

Want it or not, but it will take more few years for psytrance to be broadcasted on MTV...

no no no... indeed the metaphor comparing this to a comet coming to Earth is true. You see, every once in a few years, the "main scene" seems to realize that there is this genre called "psytrance". They try to popularize it but then after a few months they forget all about it and go on with other genres. This happened in 96 (MWNN - Teleport WAS playing on MTV!!! and Hallucinogen's LSD had a 3 minute radio edit). Actually I'm surprized by the regularity of it all: we're almost exactly 10 years from that period.

Exactly FP.

I am good friends with Ans/Reagan/Gareth from Nano, and I am very happy to see them get exposure after working so hard hard for it all these years. I have also had dealings with Shane Gobi and it's great to see Alchemy moving up.

What makes me ill is a fat cat like Ministry cashing in on our scene:

"PSY TRANCE is an absolutely STUNNING scene happening around the world featuring its own network of artists, labels and parties. To reflect MINISTRY RADIO’S GLOBAL LISTENERSHIP we are proud to announce the latest and most exciting addition to their schedule ‘NEW WAVE RADIO’"

:(

I also hope that labels like Alchemy and Nano don't get labelled as "flavour of the month" or "too commercial" because of their association with Ministry.

Sure, it's cool for these guys to get exposure. Do a song with Kylie Mynogue or Robbie Williams and you'll get exposure too. But lose credibility.

One has to draw the line somewhere.

321393[/snapback]

What I fear is that these guys start to see some cash flow and they will be considering doing a kylie minogue remix

no no no... indeed the metaphor comparing this to a comet coming to Earth is true. You see, every once in a few years, the "main scene" seems to realize that there is this genre called "psytrance". They try to popularize it but then after a few months they forget all about it and go on with other genres. This happened in 96 (MWNN - Teleport WAS playing on MTV!!! and Hallucinogen's LSD had a 3 minute radio edit). Actually I'm surprized by the regularity of it all: we're almost exactly 10 years from that period.

321395[/snapback]

the thing right now, is that this subgenre called "full on" and its skazi-esque messiahs actually have mass potential, maybe back then LSD was a bit too much to have radio appeal.

I just hate the fakeness of this post. ppl who probably don't give a shit about this music at all saying, "this stunning new music called psytrance", "taking the world by storm", "will help us stuff more money up our collective anus" and putting smilies and shit to make it seem more friendly....just very annoying. It's like, imagine ur in school and the really popular person says to you "now that you're beautiful and more popular I'd like to be good friends with you", flattering, but, cmon.......

ah, but there's always a good side I guess, and that means more music coming out, could be great or bad.

ah come on let's face it, LSD and Teleport had a pretty big commercial appeal as well... at least as much as Age of Love and Cafe del Mar. And don't forget that the mid 90s were MUCH more electronic-music oriented than the mid 00s.