04 :: Huan Ona

05 :: Mad John’s 12 Euros

06 :: Minor Discomfort

07 :: Spank

08 :: Paranoid Like a Normal Humanoid

09 :: Hurstinen Kikkaus

10 :: Hullujen Poikien Kerrosteoria

Review: http://www.ektoplazm.com/reviews/eraser-vs-yojalka-tarinat/

haha it's so funny when you're talking about 'tärinät', which in finnish means shakings, cause the real name of the album is 'tarinat' which means stories :)

304343[/snapback]

Wow, that was confusing. I had taken the title to be that which is found on the back, but I see now there are some very clever word games being played here. I can't fix the title of the thread but I fixed the rest. Whoops! We don't put dots on the letter 'a' where I come from, so can ya blame me for being confused? ;)

hehé it's no biggie! :D

I admit it can be a bit problematic sometimes with a's, ä's, o's. ö's... :D

But you really did a good review on a véry nice album, that's what matters. :)

• 1 month later...

Is it as good as Round 1?

Cause if it is, I want it NOW!

Round 1 is still my best 2002 album and one of the best I own.

337568[/snapback]

round one is indeed one of the best albums ever,

but tarinat is nowhere like round 1,

they are artists that change their style every release so expect a new style,...

tarinat is a very very good album but wether you will like it not depends on your taste.

tarinat is less dark more funk, really fun music and very well made

Just bought it and listened to it in the way back home.

Here are some early comments:

First of all this is much more funky,funny,fuzzy,weird and groovy than Round 1, but it's again very psychedelic actually even more than Round 1!

But to be honest I didn't like it that much. I don't have problem for being less dark but I really miss the melodies of Round 1 and the Old-School feeling in tracks like Illalla or This Level. Also, I don't like that they use drums in almost every track and the tracks are less intense than Round 1 ones.

Of course I have to listen to it more times and let it grown in me but from the first impression is much worst than Round 1. I hope the third one to be much better.

The vibes we were hangin with at the time of our ep and first album were so intense that it was really comforting to do tarinat. Personally there is only like 10 seconds in that album i don´t like whereas in round 1 there`s plenty too stuffed or ridiculous moments. I love the tuotally ruling ingredients in that album though and we will enjoy in our third album from the feedback you smooth but acidic liver dancers (krhm)!!!

just listened to it... not bad...

a bit experimental touch... very original... lots of diversity

not my style directly but I think I will like it more after hearing it couple of times ;)

• 2 months later...

what the FAKIN cool surprise for me.. after first listen i feel extremely HAPPY :) .. i listened it with my portable cd player when i went home .. and my mother thought that i was drunk or something :DDD (she never saw me drunk :) )) this album sounds so experimental and so cool ;)))

recommend !

• 2 years later...