Basilisk

:rolleyes: I could tell you how many reviews I've actually made if this forum didn't suck so much. I can't search by username!

I make plenty of reviews, chummm......p!

273739[/snapback]

i beleive the correct grammar would be to "write" a review. not make one.

i would have to agree with basilisk... besides a few notable exeptions, review threads here go mainly unnoticed. it is true the stuff i repost or review just dosen't find a sweet ear with people here at times, but they are gathering dust way too fast. Offtopic & general are clearly the 'hot' subsections here. But again, thats just me, obviously people post reviews here with varying degrees of feedback

imo, i HATE reviews that describe each track in detail and try to be fancy, etc

sorry to the guys writing them, but its what has made me stop using the reviews section in general..

that's what is making it suck

cant you folks write a review as in: its better than last albums, bit darker, 8/10? u might like it if you enjoyed x, y, z release

why does it have to be: yeah the artist takes us on a planet full of flowers and giraffes.. at 1:39'' you feel like you enter a wormhole.... fluffy aliens approach you while a magnificent bass melody is floating in hyperspace

:ph34r: i cant read through those.. and then everyone saying : omg that was a very nice review thank you so much!

this isnt about poetry contest.. make a thread about it if u must!

reviews made by me in all the years im here: 0

(maybe my opinion shouldnt really count, but anyways)

hmm i like the in-detail reviews that for example deathposture writes. but i somewhat agree that the reviews section hasn't been very good lately, with a lot of new stuff completely missing. however i don't think i have a say in this since i suck at writing reviews and therefore only read them. :)

imo, i HATE reviews that describe each track in detail and try to be fancy, etc

sorry to the guys writing them, but its what has made me stop using the reviews section in general..

that's what is making it suck

cant you folks write a review as in:  its better than last albums, bit darker, 8/10? u might like it if you enjoyed x, y, z release

why does it have to be: yeah the artist takes us on a planet full of flowers and giraffes..  at 1:39'' you feel like you enter a wormhole.... fluffy aliens approach you while a magnificent bass melody is floating in hyperspace

:ph34r:  i cant read through those..  and then everyone saying : omg that was a very nice review thank you so much!

this isnt about poetry contest..  make a thread about it if u must!

reviews made by me in all the years im here: 0

(maybe my opinion shouldnt really count, but anyways)

273759[/snapback]

yea or why not to make reviews like: Killargh 10/10 .. allmost killargh 8/10 etc ?

ofcourse long detailed reviews are better

yea or why not to make reviews like: Killargh 10/10  .. allmost killargh 8/10 etc ?

ofcourse long detailed reviews are better

273770[/snapback]

yeah, we could have a ranking system.

ranging from best to worst...

killaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!! = 10/10

killaaaaaaaaaar!! = 9/10

killer = 8/10

wicked = 7/10

bomb = 6/10

monster = 5/10

dancefloor killer = 4/10

psycho-delic = 3/10

killar bassline = 2/10

astrix =1/10

skazi = a big fat zero.

killaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggghhhh!!!  = 10/10

killaaaaaaaaaar!!            = 9/10

killer                              = 8/10

wicked                            = 7/10

bomb                              = 6/10

monster                          = 5/10

dancefloor killer              = 4/10

psycho-delic                    = 3/10

killar bassline                  = 2/10

astrix                              =1/10

skazi                                = a big fat zero.

273780[/snapback]

killaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!  = 10/10

killaaaaaaaaaar!!            = 9/10

killer                              = 8/10

wicked                            = 7/10

bomb                              = 6/10

astrix                              = 5/10

dancefloor killer              = 4/10

psycho-delic                    = 3/10

killar bassline                  = 2/10

monster                          = 1/10

skazi                              = a big fat zero.

273780[/snapback]

How about we substitute astrix for bomb... the dude barely scrapes by for me... so that's a 5/10... besides that little correction i think this is the rating system the world has been waiting for

:lol: i love the fact everyone happily left skazi right at the bottom. poor bastard. :lol:

i.e. the new shpongle album is killlaaaaaaaaaaaar. (of almost perfect standard)

exhailes last cd is has monster killar bassline. (this album sucks ass)

yea or why not to make reviews like: Killargh 10/10  .. allmost killargh 8/10 etc ?

273770[/snapback]

Oh yes, you understand me perfectly! :(

lol?  :lol:

273785[/snapback]

yep, inspired from certain reviews i have read...

well the thing is that anyone who's reviewed a LOT of new stuff in a short time will agree that at one moment it just feels too "industrial": get CD, listen to it a few times, comment on it, discard, get next CD, listen to it, comment, discard, get new CD, etc. etc.

Personally I used to "work" that way and realized months if not years later that some reviews I wrote were plain stupid simply because I didn't give an album enough time to "sink in". My resolution for 2005 was to listen to far less stuff and to spend more time with each album rather than be superficial about it. Can't speak for DP but I think that he had a similar aproach... and when you look at it... basically ALL the new reviews are posted by 4-5 users so if they all went through the same phase then this explains that...

But I think that there are a LOT of people who NEVER write a single line!! Come on people, at least write a 2-3 line review, it's better than nothing!!

I don't make them because my knowledge in this scene is too limited. I don't know enough artists, records, styles etc to make a good review.

dude, keep in mind that we all have to start sometime. And then you don't need a "good knowledge in this scene"... what matters is what your heart likes and dislikes. I didn't know squat about goatrance in 1996 but found AP - People Can Fly to be the best track I've EVER heard and it's still one of my top 10 tracks today!

Guest .::E.P

Personally I would love to see a bit more critical reviews.

I know most will review what they like but it would be kind of nice. I am not talking about stupid "it sux" reviews but objective well thought reviews.

I am not good at reviewing so count me out. If I was good at it I would be critical when a CD deserved it and positive when a CD deserved it. Not only positive ;)

how can you not be good at reviewing??? What's so hard to say if you like or dislike a particular release?  :blink:

273888[/snapback]

I think a good review have to contain a bit more than just "I like it" or "I dont like it" ;)

I didn't like Cityrain and wrote about it in my Lime Light review... how's that, you masochist ;)

273898[/snapback]

That's absolutely fine with me mate. I rather have someone saying they dont like my music (if the review is well thought through) than some one making a review that overpraise my music just because it's a new release or cool to like the track etc. I am sure you get my point.

Oh btw I did not at all agree on issue about the lenght and the arrangement of the track. It's very thought through and the way we wanted the track to be like. It work very well on the floor. Until now I've only seen people liking it at parties. It's made for the floor and not for homelistening. Yes I know - a step in another direction than I am used to... But hey it's progressive music - not Elysium ;)

Lemmiwinks: i see what you mean but dont you think that it's good to know how to describe an artists style, reccomend it to fans of another artist and such.