What new music did you get today?

DeathPosture

Guest antic

Is cosmosis out in Japan?

I hope not, I don't think I can resist if it's right there in front of me :(

It is out at psyshop & saiko, then it's definitely out in Japan too. Sorry :P

Is cosmosis out in Japan?

I hope not, I don't think I can resist if it's right there in front of me :(

Yes it is. The version I bought in Tower Record's has Billy Cosmosis' comments on all the tracks translated into Japanese without the original English comments. I can read them fine, but I want to read his actually comments too, so I'll probably order another copy from next time I make an order.

Yes it is. The version I bought in Tower Record's has Billy Cosmosis' comments on all the tracks translated into Japanese without the original English comments. I can read them fine, but I want to read his actually comments too, so I'll probably order another copy from next time I make an order.

I failed & went looking for it today. Fortunately it was nowhere in yokohama :)

Guest antic

You can read them all here:

http://www.cosmosis.co.uk/cms/index.php?op...5&Itemid=58

:)

Cosmosis - Psychedelica Melodica (Phantasm)

still pending on Discogs.com

:posford:

I demand a well constructed, long and thoughtful review, mister antic. Try to make it objective too, if possible for a Bilbo freak like yourself :lol:

Guest antic

I demand a well constructed, long and thoughtful review, mister antic. Try to make it objective too, if possible for a Bilbo freak like yourself :lol:

And to make it even harder I got it for free from Billy himself... B)

I just listened to it once, and I'm not impressed. To much Eskimo basslines, few stupid / misplaced samples, guitars in a sci-fi themed tracks etc... I will however give it few more days before I commit a review, because I learned from past experiences that first impressions could be deceiving. One thing's for sure - it's not Synergy :(

I just listened to it once, and I'm not impressed. To much Eskimo basslines, few stupid / misplaced samples, guitars in a sci-fi themed tracks etc... I will however give it few more days before I commit a review, because I learned from past experiences that first impressions could be deceiving. One thing's for sure - it's not Synergy :(

What a nice gesture from the man himslef to send you a copy!

And as for the album: I didn't expect another "Synergy"! Who did? But still, too bad... :(

just picked this up :)

Various - Boyd In The Void (Distance)

http://www.discogs.com/release/163472

Nicey nice ;)

CD's:

Toires - "Sanati"

http://www.discogs.com/release/116966

Western Rebel Alliance - "Western Rebel Alliance"

http://www.discogs.com/release/763611

Flexitones - "Joyrider"

http://www.discogs.com/release/376146

Hi-Fi Companions - "Swingers In Paradise"

http://www.discogs.com/release/251074

Digital Mystery Tour - "Digital Mystery Tour"

http://www.discogs.com/release/35820

Electroslide - "Near Life Experience"

http://www.discogs.com/release/197969

Magazines:

"Goa Gadar" #00

"Goa Gadar" #01

"Goa Gadar" #02

:D

Antic,

I'm v. suprised you think that mate.

IMO it comes very close if not shades Synergy (just). I know this is a bold opinion but that's how I see it.

I've not been hugely impressed overall with Trancendance, Contact or Intergalactic in as much as they were a bit patchy with some solid content but no where near as good overall as Synergy.

However the new release has some outstanding content and is very strong throughout. There are no silly samples imo. There are some awesome samples.

I do like a driving percussion and bass and I'm a sucker for melodies and good key changes and rising creshendo's - maybe that's where we differ?

There are at LEAST 4 monster tunes on this album;

Cosmic Dance

Spanish Gyspy

The Other Side

Journey of the Soul

Creature from Outer Space is wacky but great.

The other tracks are very solid, display good variety and "outside the box" in a detail or two.

I'm not saying anything else because of the blood relationship and objectivity. :lol::D:P

Regards

Mark

Guest antic

Antic,

I'm very surprised you think that mate...

Mark,

There's a reason why I haven't posted my opinions expressed above in a review space - I've listened to it 3-4 times so far and I need few more days to be able to judge it properly. Check your PMs for further comments - I've sent you what I initially wrote in response to your post, but then decided to keep it to myself... At least for now.

Cheers,

Artur

Mark,

There's a reason why I haven't posted my opinions expressed above in a review space - I've listened to it 3-4 times so far and I need few more days to be able to judge it properly. Check your PMs for further comments - I've sent you what I initially wrote in response to your post, but then decided to keep it to myself... At least for now.

Cheers,

Artur

sorry Mark but I have to agree here with Artur,

I don't have the full album yet (ordered yesterday from saikosounds), so I'm judging on the base of samples only.

the baselines sounds more like the fullon/progressive type of baselines rather than the good old cosmosis baselines and together with the kick they are in front of the rest of the sounds... comparing to Cosmology, Synergy or Intergalactic where the baselines and kick were a little more in the background of the sound and in front were his killer leads (I really liked it when putted two type of leads together and made it sound like one completes the other), also his groove percussions are missing here...

but again, this is only by judging the saikosounds samples, some tracks develop real nice!

anyway, I'll end it here, but will only add that I've deeply longed for synergy or Moonshine EP quality...

but on the other hand you can't expect someone to go back in time 10 years ago and do the music like you want :unsure:

Guest antic

will it be rude of me if I'll ask why you keep your collection "privet"? :P

Not at all. I have an outstanding debt for the CDs I sold (the unpaid 'fees') and that's how they punished me :rolleyes:

I will however pay them back as soon as possible, because due to that I can't also sell anything...

Not at all. I have an outstanding debt for the CDs I sold (the unpaid 'fees') and that's how they punished me :rolleyes:

I will however pay them back as soon as possible, because due to that I can't also sell anything...

:lol: I thought you are one of these weirdos, I've never understood why one wants his collection (or want list) to be privet...

to how much did your outstanding debt reached?

Posted Image